Hoffman rejects bulldogs, eyes no.6 at Broncos

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Re: [RUMOUR] Barba to Broncos

If we got Milford and played him off the bench I'd lose my shit, it just won't happen, and I can't see Hoffman getting a chance at Five-Eighth, if we don't get Milford, then Prince will be the starting 6 next season.

Mate you can lose your shit if you want, but it didn't seem to harm Thurston's development. Why would you want to through a 19 year old into all that expectation when you can blood him in gently? playing 6 at the broncos is a little different to many other clubs

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Anyone who thinks Hoffy is up to a move into the 6 is delusional. He is a ball runner. He has less ball playing ability than Sam Burgess FFS

A

austyphoon

NYC Player
May 26, 2013

If we got Milford and played him off the bench I'd lose my ****, it just won't happen, and I can't see Hoffman getting a chance at Five-Eighth, if we don't get Milford, then Prince will be the starting 6 next season.

Hoffman at 6 isn't a bad idea. He played there in juniors didn't he? If so, then it's not out of the realms of possibility.

I do think Hoffman is wasted on the wing so it's going to be hard to keep everyone happy if we get Barba and Milford. Maybe Hoffman to centre?

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008

Youtube Hoffman playing QCup for the Dolphins at left centre when he got dropped last year from the Broncos.

No one can dispute Hoffy's form and effort this year and that he probably copped an unwarranted portion of the blame for the Broncos form drop last and this year (and being dropped at the expense of Norman was hardly fair).

Hoffy at 6. Centre/Wing/Fullback.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

Hoffman at 6 isn't a bad idea. He played there in juniors didn't he? If so, then it's not out of the realms of possibility.

I do think Hoffman is wasted on the wing so it's going to be hard to keep everyone happy if we get Barba and Milford. Maybe Hoffman to centre?

whatever happened to doing what's best for the team ? whatever happened to being excited about someone coming to your team who was going to make it better ? seriously Josh Hoffman should stfu and stop making this Ben Barba signing "all about me" ...

This time last year he was tanking and now he thinks he has license to tell the world where the coach should 'take his talents' ??

A

austyphoon

NYC Player
May 26, 2013

whatever happened to doing what's best for the team ? whatever happened to being excited about someone coming to your team who was going to make it better ? seriously Josh Hoffman should stfu and stop making this Ben Barba signing "all about me" ...

This time last year he was tanking and now he thinks he has license to tell the world where the coach should 'take his talents' ??

Whoa! Calm down there champ!

I don't think Hoffman has made it "all about him" at all.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008

There's a reason Hodges was shifting to fb and pushing Hoffman in the centres, it's the same reason Norman pushed Hoffman on to the wing and it's the same reason for signing Barba. Nothing has changed.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Huh? He has knocked back going to the dogs and has said he would play 6. He's basically saying he will play anywhere. How has he made it all about him? If he was doing that he would have accepted the swap to go play fullback at the dogs.

You could argue he shouldn't be talking to the media but I think he's just an honest bloke and if they ask him a question he answers it. He has gone on record in interviews as saying he is hoping barba comes so he can play alongside him again.

I really don't get all the Hoffman hate

Last edited:
Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

If Hoffman wants to stay a one club man, there's a spot and nice wage for him out on the wing.

Otherwise, Josh, we may have to have a little talk about your future...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I watched Hoffman in a heap of match replays since 2011, and earlier. Looked to me like he can pass, draw and pass, dummy, do good support play, run holes and we know how well he finishes.

As our FB prior to, and post Norman, I wonder why he has largely stopped passing. Maybe it's a matter of coaching and the game plan, and even confidence? For the rest of this season, I have no idea why he can't be involved in structured 2nd man plays. It would add so much to our attack.

In terms of the future, given no player is bigger than the team and the club, I'd be be happy with Hoff anywhere in the back line but for mine, Barba should be FB if we get him, as Hoff is the ideal replacement for Hodges until his future is known.

Also worth considering is: let's assume Hoffa tears it up at FB for the rest of this season? Just dump him? Why?

If we got Barba and Milford, and assuming Prince stays for 2014, I'd like to see Milford on the wing in his first season. If Prince fizzles, then give Hoffman a go at 5/8, play Milford in the centres and Oates on the wing

Milford on the bench? So people want him to sub for Macca? I think Milford has done enough this year to warrant a place in the top side

Last edited:
Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

Whoa! Calm down there champ!

I don't think Hoffman has made it "all about him" at all.

really ? because for every story linking Barba to this part of the world there seems to be another one about how Hoffman feels about it ....

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

It's a media beat up

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

Milford on the wing? That's a crack up. He will be in the halves.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

really ? because for every story linking Barba to this part of the world there seems to be another one about how Hoffman feels about it ....

Yeah bull but if you read past the headline and the shit that the journos put in there, hoffman has never said anything negative about it.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • bazza
  • kman
  • bert_lifts
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosMan
  • Manofoneway
  • thenry
  • Big Del
  • broncotville
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • Totally Unr3al
  • winslow_wong
  • Lostboy
  • broncos4life
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.