Hoffman rejects bulldogs, eyes no.6 at Broncos

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Re: [RUMOUR] Barba to Broncos

Why so many angry people on here?

Milford should not be on the wing, IMO. He shouldn't be at #6 either. If you've watched him this year, you know his defence is dreadful. I don't think we'd drop Prince to replace him on our right edge defence with someone who is actually a worse defender than Prince, in Milford. It MIGHT work if Hoffman was right Centre and Kahu was right Wing and they both helped Milford out in defence.

I just said it wasn't a completely silly idea putting Hoffman at #6 and provided a scenario where it would work. I still think Hoffman's best spot long term, is Centre, but my problem is I don't think Milford (should we get him) is ready for #6 in first grade. But, that's just me.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

Huh? He has knocked back going to the dogs and has said he would play 6. He's basically saying he will play anywhere. How has he made it all about him? If he was doing that he would have accepted the swap to go play fullback at the dogs.

You could argue he shouldn't be talking to the media but I think he's just an honest bloke and if they ask him a question he answers it. He has gone on record in interviews as saying he is hoping barba comes so he can play alongside him again.

I really don't get all the Hoffman hate

mate it's not hate ... nobody could 'hate' Josh Hoffman for what he's given to the broncos this year .. He's been one of our best performers ... I just don't like hearing that players will be disappointed if another player comes to the club just because it might threaten their preferred position .. It smacks of the "me" mentality that's rife among gen y'ers ...

that's just my interpretation of it ... maybe I'm just getting a bit ansy because we're getting ever closer to that moment where Andrew Gee has to stroll onto the 18th green and sink the two-foot putt for victory (barba)

_59748381_lowry.jpg

Last edited:
Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013

mate it's not hate ... nobody could 'hate' Josh Hoffman for what he's given to the broncos this year .. He's been one of our best performers ... I just don't like hearing that players will be disappointed if another player comes to the club just because it might threaten their preferred position .. It smacks of the "me" mentality that's rife among gen y'ers ...

that's just my interpretation of it ...

I don't mean to be rude, but your interpretation is fucking stupid.

Go and read the article again. Read the ACTUAL quotes from Hoffman.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Maybe the mods can merge the posts to here?

I shared my thoughts in the other thread. I'm not against Hoffman going to #6. I think he's a natural Centre, though.

kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013

This year alone Hoffman has played wing, centre and fullback and is now offering to play 5/8. How the **** can you say he is all about himself? Pull your head in

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

I wouldn't be against Hoff being a running 5/8th and Milford at 14. Then a positional change for Hoff would allow Milford to come off the bench as 5/8th. Maybe even something as extreme as moving Hoff into lock while Milford's on.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013

I wouldn't be against Hoff being a running 5/8th and Milford at 14. Then a positional change for Hoff would allow Milford to come off the bench as 5/8th. Maybe even something as extreme as moving Hoff into lock while Milford's on.

You could just use Hoffman as a Second Rower and give Thaiday a rest, Milford to 5/8.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

that's just my interpretation of it ... maybe I'm just getting a bit ansy because we're getting ever closer to that moment where Andrew Gee has to stroll onto the 18th green and sink the two-foot putt for victory (barba)

_59748381_lowry.jpg

I'm as worried about gee fucking this up as anyone, I'm still not convinced that you won't **** it up and all this discussion will be pointless cos barba will be at the titans.

All I'm saying is read some quotes, journos are liars and will put any headline to sell a paper. Hoffman has never said he doesn't want barba here, in fact the direct opposite

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013

I've just another thought. All this Hoffman to 5/8 talk is nice and all, but I think we're forgetting about the massive pink Elephant that's cruising about the joint.

IF we play Hoffman at 5/8 next season, who do we place Hodges at right Centre with? Dale Copley?

See, my thinking now is, if we have Hoffman in a man, Barba has less strike power outside him to link with. Unless Hoffman played a man out and like I said earlier, Barba plays more of a 5/8 role in attack and Hoffman pushes out to Centre.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Moved Hoffman posts here. Please leave the Barba thread to Barba...

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

I don't mean to be rude, but your interpretation is fucking stupid.

Go and read the article again. Read the ACTUAL quotes from Hoffman.

I don't mean to be rude but anyone who takes the quotes of professional sports people on face value is fucking stupid ...

So why did the broncos see fit to yank him out of a press conference on Friday as soon as the question of barba’s arrival was asked ? because it's a non-issue ? sure …. the newspaper says so ... lmao

but here's a quote for you anyway ...

Hoffman may again play second fiddle if, as expected, the Bulldogs and Raiders ultimately let the talented Queensland duo return to Brisbane for personal reasons in 2014.
"I’d be a bit disappointed, but I was disappointed this year when Corey got the fullback spot," he said.

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Guys, leave the personal stabs out of this, thanks...

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

I don't mean to be rude but anyone who takes the quotes of professional sports people on face value is fucking stupid ...

So why did the broncos see fit to yank him out of a press conference on Friday as soon as the question of barba’s arrival was asked ? because it's a non-issue ? sure …. the newspaper says so ... lmao

Probably because they are shit scared of anything fucking up the barba deal. Given the fact that on Thursday hoffman gave quotes along the lines of welcoming the competition for spots that barba would bring, and the arsehole journalist made that into a headline of "Hoffman would be disappointed if Barba signed" you can understand they don't want to give the media anything.

But no lets believe what a journo says over the player himself, and we can just use that to run whatever agenda we want.

TBH I give up, I have had this argument over and over. Hoffman is a selfish prick, lets **** him off

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008

Probably because they are shit scared of anything fucking up the barba deal. Given the fact that on Thursday hoffman gave quotes along the lines of welcoming the competition for spots that barba would bring, and the arsehole journalist made that into a headline of "Hoffman would be disappointed if Barba signed" you can understand they don't want to give the media anything.

But no lets believe what a journo says over the player himself, and we can just use that to run whatever agenda we want.

TBH I give up, I have had this argument over and over. Hoffman is a selfish prick, lets **** him off

anyone who thinks NRL players express their true thoughts when a microphone / tape recorder is under their nose is deluded in the extreme.

I'm sure the vast majority on this forum are smart enough to know that so perhaps this so-called 'agenda' must run both ways .... ?

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • broncotville
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • Lostboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Waynesaurus
  • RodF
  • bazza
  • Galco
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.