"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
The thing is, we stuck by him when he really didn't look like he was going to become anything and now he has become something, he looks like he's having a cry and leaving. No real sadness from me at all if he leaves.

Yeah on the wing, with a couple of good cameos at FB late in the year. It's fairly plausible that the performances on the wing coupled with wanting that FB position back made him play better. What happens if/when he gets it back with no competition for it?

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Hasler is a gun and will probably turn him into the worlds best player.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
**** me who isn't he cousins with!

On that, I wonder how many of these 'players who are cousins with these players' are actual proper cousins. At most 'cousins' in my opinion stop after nephews/nieces of non-patriarchal uncles/ aunties' brothers and sisters i.e. your cousin's cousins that aren't any other of your first cousins. I know kiwi/islander families are very close but saying they're cousins when they might actually be cousins of cousins of cousins of cousins is a bit of a stretch.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
In this case, Hoffman and Gagai are actually related and it wasn't like their relation was brought up out of convenience.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
In this case, Hoffman and Gagai are actually related and it wasn't like their relation was brought up out of convenience.

What do you mean 'out of convenience'? I feel like I'm missing something here

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
One thing that seems a little strange is the Mole saying it's a done deal and will be in papers tomorrow. I'm not saying I don't think Hoffman will leave but is he really so desperate as to be finalising his release during the World Cup? NZ players probably wont get back until December and they get a decent break before returning to training so I'd think that all discussions would be on hold until then - it certainly seemed that way with Milford (not to mention the awkwardness between Glenn and Hoffman if it got announced tomorrow).

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
What do you mean 'out of convenience'? I feel like I'm missing something here

It isn't like Hoffman has a million cousins and is just using the sacking of one of them to hold a grudge against the club. There were plenty of articles dedicated to their relation and their families pre-Gagai sacking.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
It isn't like Hoffman has a million cousins and is just using the sacking of one of them to hold a grudge against the club. There were plenty of articles dedicated to their relation and their families pre-Gagai sacking.

So your saying he has a grudge against the club over gagai? If that's even remotely true he can GTFO

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I personally doubt it, Gagai actually ended up being the winner when he got released.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Like I wrote earlier, I don't know for sure, but I certainly think it's apart of it.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Yeah for sure, I doubt that as well, any indigenous players coming through the NRL ranks seem to be Greg Inglis' cousin, for example.

I think it's a cultural thing TBH - just like Samoans call everyone brother.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
*then again I have close family who are in fact second or third cousins who I just call and treat as cousins for ease of reference.

Source: Anglo-Aussie

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I can't take anything the Mole or Rothfield say seriously I will only believe it when there is a definite yes from Hoffman.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012

I don't doubt that. Just raising the point in general. I think they've also said he's related to Dell and Dean Widders. Also, for example, didn't somewhere say he was related to Barba somehow? Or was that just some creative journalism?

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.