NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Sorry. Brain fade . I thought you had JH but you have JH

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
If Hoffman leaves how will everyone feel?. Personally I would feel betrayed as he is someone with plenty of potential and is star winger and a handy fullback for us, he is just leaving because he isn't happy about someone we signed in an effort to improve the disappointing on-field results from 2013.

Meh, we have lost better players in the past and will lose better players in the future. To me it's no massive loss, sure I'd like him on the wing for us but I'm happy for this mini circus of rumour and restlessness to move on.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
If the figures are true and we have picked up Barba for 300k and ditched Hoffman on 400K, I think we have got the best end of the deal by far.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Hoffman still thinks it's Under 7s where the shit kids get put on the wing.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd be really disappointed. I think he could make an amazing winger, possibly even the best in the comp. I also think the wing is massively underrated these days, and I'd even say it's more important than the centres. And then there's the fact that other than 2012, he's always played his guts out and amazingly won the best back award in each of the other 3 seasons too.

We've made quite a few signings though, and I think Copley could still be a good winger for us too (or centre in the future).

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
We got plenty of options for the wing and centre and you don't know who will come up on the market, I want to keep Hoffman as much as the next person but realistically even if we don't release him the potential is there for him to be just to be a toxic influence on the squad, someone doesn't really want to be at the club they will find ways to do it, purposely and not. Disappointing because quite frankly if he applied himself to the wing he could definitely become the best winger in the game but realistically do we want to carry a player with an attitude like that?

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Copley, Yow Yeh and Vidot almost guarantee he never will be again.

But his chances are higher. Is Copley fully fit and ready for round 1 next year or do they think he will be? I really just want this Hoffman thing to end so we can go forward without any hitches. I know we don't need him but his apparent attitude isn't healthy for our club. How many Broncos players have gone to another club and actually played a lot better?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
But his chances are higher. Is Copley fully fit and ready for round 1 next year or do they think he will be? I really just want this Hoffman thing to end so we can go forward without any hitches. I know we don't need him but his apparent attitude isn't healthy for our club. How many Broncos players have gone to another club and actually played a lot better?

Copley was actually ready for the last few games of the season apparently, but they didn't want to risk him for what was essentially a lost season

As for Hoffman, he can go EAD, I'm so over this rubbish

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
If the figures are true and we have picked up Barba for 300k and ditched Hoffman on 400K, I think we have got the best end of the deal by far.
Hoffman on 400k probably comes from the same 'sources' that had the Barba deal at 700k-1M.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Hoffman on 400k probably comes from the same 'sources' that had the Barba deal at 700k-1M.

To be honest though I wouldn't be surprised if Hoffman was on that money. The signed him up long term when he was playing awesome footy and before the salary cap increase when nearly every nrl player was waiting until they knew the increase before signing past 2013. I thought at the time when they signed Hoffman, yow yeh, macca, and Glenn at the same time long term that either they are on very good money or have percentage increases depending on the cap, cos there is no way their managers would agree otherwise

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
It is really just juvenile on his behalf. Usurping his family from where he has lived for however many years because he is being expected to have to earn his fullback position. Other club supporters prattle on about how we mistreated him, please. Players get dropped and moved around on form all the time. If he expects to just be handed his favourite position, well there is the door. A straight swap for Barba is fine by me, and if we get Milford, well then I'll be dealing with that just fine!

Fighting Irish

Fighting Irish

NYC Player
Nov 19, 2013
So how much will we be paying Milford - $300,000 per season or start on $200,000 and back end it if he performs

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Isn't Hoffman signed on for next year as well? I can't imagine someone activating a get out clause simply because they didn't get a position they wanted but are guaranteed a start anyway.

Even if he did leave we've got Vidot and Copley waiting in the wings so we've got the depth if worse case scenario strikes.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • MrMoore
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.