"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
So how much will we be paying Milford - $300,000 per season or start on $200,000 and back end it if he performs

I doubt we will ever know for sure what Milford or any player is paid.

Canberra fans will tell the world we are paying him 600k+ should he sign.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
He posted "Gunna be another cold night here in London! #missingthesunnystate lol" on twitter this morning. The lol at the end makes it seem like he's jokingly hinting at something. Maybe I'm reading into it too much but I had a sly smile when I read it.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
He'll be a loss if he does go - he's well ahead of any of our current wingers. Yow Yeh might come good, Vidot might step up, Copley might surprise me, but Hoffman is a guaranteed gun.

No question who I'd prefer out of him & Milford though.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

hqdefault.jpg

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If he does leave, i would like to thank him for his service as he played will his whole heart and gave everything he has to this great club (except for an admitted portion in 2012, and i doubt he was the only one). I will be wishing him the best of luck for his future career.

what i really don't want to see, is us Broncos fans start to act like the Bulldogs fans did when Barba wanted to leave ... or the Raiders fans are because Milford wants to leave. IMO, he doesn't deserve that.

If he wants to come back down the track to play center or wing for us, i would welcome him back with open arms

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I agree Foordy, I'd like to think as supporters of the Broncos we can act with a bit of dignity and respect when players move on. The only time being negative is acceptable is when someone does what Sonny Bill did. Even then when having our say we should keep in mind we don't always know everything or even how we ourselves might act given the same circumstances. If Hoffman is leaving then all the best and you've got to do what's right for you. I hope we don't see him slagged off like some of the gutless cockhead remarks made about Wallace. Someone who gave his all for the club.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I hope Hoffy doesn't leave but the facts are hard to deny.

What's the bet Barba goes down in the early rounds and we end up with Maranta playing fullback for the rest of the season.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
like others have posted, I'm not going to celebrate Hoffman leaving and I'm not hoping that the door hits him on the way out.

He's a born and bred Bronco and I want those kind of players to stick around. Even if the rumours are true and he is disgruntled, he always tried hard and he always played to a very high quality (minus 2012) for us ... which is more than I can say for a lot of players that we've had over the last few years

I'll snigger when he ignores an overlap and bombs a Canterbury try but he is a big loss and I'm sad if he is going.

but I can't begrudge a kid who wants to make the most of his career and follow his dream ... even if he is a bit deluded about his dream (ie. being a great fullback)

S

Syklone

BRL Player
Mar 13, 2013
INJURED Broncos centre Justin Hodges says Brisbane will be a lot more competitive next year, particularly with the addition of star fullback Ben Barba.
Hodges, in Mackay for a charity golf day at Mackay Golf Club today, said the Broncos would be a lot more competitive in 2014.
"This year was a bad year for the club with a lot of injuries and close games that we threw away, but in saying that we've got some good players for next year and we'll be a lot stronger," he said.
With ex-Mackay players Barba, who has transferred to Brisbane from the Bulldogs, and Josh Hoffman vying for the No. 1 jersey, media reports have claimed Hoffman may make a move to Canterbury after the completion of the World Cup in England, where he is playing for New Zealand.
"That's up to him," Hodges said.
"I think Ben is a great player, he has proved that, but at the end of the day it's up to the coach where you play.
"We play a professional game, and other players have to play where the coach puts them. The team is always going to be bigger than any one player."

Hodges upbeat for Broncos next year | Mackay Daily Mercury

Seems Hodges has had enough of Hoffman's attitude.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Well said by Hodgo, hopefully Hoffman sucks it up and plays on the wing.. But then again I won't be too upset if he leaves, means more money we can spend on re-signing players and potentially luring Milford, DCE.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
You really have to admire Hodgo for his honesty.

Too many players get wrapped in cotton wool and told they're going ok when they're not, and a kick in the pants is usually just the tonic they need.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
We got plenty of options for the wing and centre and you don't know who will come up on the market, I want to keep Hoffman as much as the next person but realistically even if we don't release him the potential is there for him to be just to be a toxic influence on the squad, someone doesn't really want to be at the club they will find ways to do it, purposely and not. Disappointing because quite frankly if he applied himself to the wing he could definitely become the best winger in the game but realistically do we want to carry a player with an attitude like that?

Someone who thinks of himself first and the team second.....?

No, we don't need someone with an attitude like that.

Thanks for the memories Josh. Bye!

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If he does go, I will speak my mind then, But i'd like to think this is all media BS.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i still don think he's going anywhere.

fact is though if he really wants to go, then let him go. no hard feelings for me. it would just disappoint me greatly.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe England is the best option for him? I can't blame him if he wants to play fullback, everyone has a dream and some just aim higher than others. England would be the best option for him, especially with the emergence of RTS. He'd probably dominate there.

On the other hand he'd probably easily secure a NZ wing spot if he played there at club level in the NRL.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I can't blame him if he wants to play fullback, everyone has a dream and some just aim higher than others.

EXACTLY!

I can't believe some of the shit getting thrown Hoffman's way. From all accounts, he wants to leave to play in a position he enjoys - if he's stuck here and he's not enjoying his footy and has a chance to go somewhere else where he can enjoy playing, why shouldn't he take that opportunity?

If he just wanted to leave to take home a bigger cheque, by all means, bag him out. But it seems to me that's he's just doing something many other people would in their life, in whatever profession they're in.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.