"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Would be ultimate karma if Hoffman leaves to the Bulldogs to play fullback and bombs completely while Barba gets back to his best and has a ripper of a year at fullback :rofl:

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If Hoffman goes to the dogs, he might keep Lafai out of FG again. We coould use our Samoan connection to snap him up... he is going to be a classy as heck centre.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Yeah, but Hoffman never got up to the trouble Barba did either and derail an entire start of a season due to his inability to keep his shit together.

Doesn't surprise me though, for whatever reason, fans have always taken the first chance they can get to rag on Hoffman.

I really don't think that's fair. I have been one of his biggest defenders, if you doubt that trawl through the threads about he's admission of not trying. But, for me at least, I can't defend this. If that makes me an arsehole, then fine I'm an arsehole

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I really don't think that's fair. I have been one of his biggest defenders, if you doubt that trawl through the threads about he's admission of not trying. But, for me at least, I can't defend this. If that makes me an arsehole, then fine I'm an arsehole

I use public toilets and I piss on the seat, I walk about in the summertime saying "How about this heat?"

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
GCBRONCO said:
Didn't he admit to effectively tanking a season? Barba made mistakes yes, but every indication since joining the Broncos has been a positive one.

No and that's a great example of exactly what I'm talking about.

Barba has only been with the club for a month, it's the honey moon period. Regardless, this was about how Bulldogs fans treated Barba vs. Broncos fans treat Hoffman - I'd say Bulldogs had just as much motivation as our fans do, if not more.

I understand some fans are always going to act like jilted ex-lovers anytime a club players ever dares to leave the club for their own personal interests. You're always going to have those supporters who are that passionate about the club and see it as walking out on the family, that's fine, personally not my thing but whatever suits you. However, Hoffman has always been one of the more criticized players on here and often has his words twisted to be made out way more heinous than they truly are. So it doesn't surprise me to see people act the way they have in this thread.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
No and that's a great example of exactly what I'm talking about.

Barba has only been with the club for a month, it's the honey moon period. Regardless, this was about how Bulldogs fans treated Barba vs. Broncos fans treat Hoffman - I'd say Bulldogs had just as much motivation as our fans do, if not more.

I understand some fans are always going to act like jilted ex-lovers anytime a club players ever dares to leave the club for their own personal interests. You're always going to have those supporters who are that passionate about the club and see it as walking out on the family, that's fine, personally not my thing but whatever suits you. However, Hoffman has always been one of the more criticized players on here and often has his words twisted to be made out way more heinous than they truly are. So it doesn't surprise me to see people act the way they have in this thread.

So are you just going to ignore what I said? I don't care that he wants to leave, I think it's a stupid idea for his career but that's his business. My issue is that he is instagramming pics with other teams players with the hashtags #releasehim and how good would he look in blue and white. That's unforgivable in my books

kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013
Got to agree with B4L. I love Hoffman as a player but this immature bullshit he is pulling is starting to shit me off. If a release is what he wants and he is too good for the broncos winger spot then **** off to the dogs and make your own bed there.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I addressed what you said, just indirectly.

This Instagram stuff is fresh, so I'll touch on it.

So another person posted a photo on their social media website and that makes Hoffman the asshole? What was he supposed to do? Tell his team mates he can't pose for photos with them on perhaps a once in a lifetime opportunity because their affiliated with another club?

See what I mean about this benefit of the doubt stuff

Sure, it could be added to the list of things but it's only been dragged out due to the World Cup fixture. Most of these signings won't be taken care of until players are back and on their own personal holidays.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think anyone is suggesting its a crime to have a photo taken with team mates from another club during the rep season the photo itself isn't the issue, its how its utilised that is and your ignoring that, one has to question why when recently an article that links Hoffman involving those same players in the photo is then followed by a photo with comments that back it up should be viewed as just an innocent coincidence, he may not be personally responsible for those comments Big Pete but if he felt any respect towards his club, team mates and fans he would be pretty quick to make it clear where he stands, like Corey Parker did pretty much the minute he was linked to the Panthers early this season, which was also during the playing season, world cup doesn't stop media coverage, interviews, signing announcements, rumours etc, certainly doesn't stop twitter and photo uploads.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I addressed what you said, just indirectly.

This Instagram stuff is fresh, so I'll touch on it.

So another person posted a photo on their social media website and that makes Hoffman the asshole? What was he supposed to do? Tell his team mates he can't pose for photos with them on perhaps a once in a lifetime opportunity because their affiliated with another club?

See what I mean about this benefit of the doubt stuff

Sure, it could be added to the list of things but it's only been dragged out due to the World Cup fixture. Most of these signings won't be taken care of until players are back and on their own personal holidays.

it was a photo with the hashtags release him. If it wasn't giving the message he wants it's pretty easy to tweet "sorry bout that, Frankie's having a laugh. # bronxnation' or something like that

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He could but the fact that he hasn't doesn't make him an asshole.

People keep citing Parker as the right way with dealing with rumours but the situation is different on a few accounts. Firstly, it's the off-season which means that the media isn't as interested about the NRL as it was when Parker was linked to the Bulldogs and Panthers. Given Hoffman is halfway round the world and is playing in the World Cup, you're not going to see the exact type of coverage.

Secondly, it clearly isn't as cut and dry to Hoffman. He's obviously been offered a great deal to head elsewhere to play in a position he'd prefer and I don't think it's wrong for him to consider his options. To expect him to come up with a career changing decision while he's participating in arguably the most significant rep tournament of his career is unfair.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I don't think anyone is suggesting its a crime to have a photo taken with team mates from another club during the rep season the photo itself isn't the issue, its how its utilised that is and your ignoring that, one has to question why when recently an article that links Hoffman involving those same players in the photo is then followed by a photo with comments that back it up should be viewed as just an innocent coincidence, he may not be personally responsible for those comments Big Pete but if he felt any respect towards his club, team mates and fans he would be pretty quick to make it clear where he stands, like Corey Parker did pretty much the minute he was linked to the Panthers early this season, which was also during the playing season, world cup doesn't stop media coverage, interviews, signing announcements, rumours etc, certainly doesn't stop twitter and photo uploads.

Hopefully Glenn has a word with him and he either comes out and says he wants to leave or apologizes for doing something that is unprofessional. As a pre service teacher I have to watch what I get tagged in on social media because of the risk that an employer could see that I may have done something seen as unprofessional and I think this is similar. It is almost as bad as Benji wearing the Blues jersey after he had signed with them. Kinda hoping the Broncos don't release him now and Wynnum-Manly are blessed with a new winger.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
He could but the fact that he hasn't doesn't make him an asshole.

People keep citing Parker as the right way with dealing with rumours but the situation is different on a few accounts. Firstly, it's the off-season which means that the media isn't as interested about the NRL as it was when Parker was linked to the Bulldogs and Panthers. Given Hoffman is halfway round the world and is playing in the World Cup, you're not going to see the exact type of coverage.

Secondly, it clearly isn't as cut and dry to Hoffman. He's obviously been offered a great deal to head elsewhere to play in a position he'd prefer and I don't think it's wrong for him to consider his options. To expect him to come up with a career changing decision while he's participating in arguably the most significant rep tournament of his career is unfair.

I'm not saying it makes him an asshole Big Pete, but you got to admit it certainly only pours petrol on a growing fire. As for the off season and the media not being as interested in it, actually the opposite I have to say, lots of coverage on the world cup and the players involved as well as players transfers, as far as offseason's go there's been more interest in it then for a while I'd say, which is why I find it weird that you think the media isn't interested in the game if it's supposed to be such a big deal in the game's calendar particularly for him. Sorry mate but there's more then enough coverage to make his case and given the amount of free time the playser have to post such photo's and comment's I really don't see it as difficult as you make it out to be.

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Didn't he admit to effectively tanking a season? Barba made mistakes yes, but every indication since joining the Broncos has been a positive one.

Not at all ... Tanking is a term used in sports for DELIBERATELY losing. and he certainly didn't admit that. what his comments at the end of 2012 were about IMHO, that on reflection of the season he had just completed, that he felt that he could have given more. I would hope that every single one of our players and coaches would look back at the seasons they have completed and give an honest assessment of it (if only to themselves) that way they can work on where they let themselves and their team mates down and look to improve it the following season ... which is what Hoffman did.

on the social media photo:

its good to know that Hoffman is now responsible for what his rep team mates post on social media. and he is definately in the wrong for posing for a photo with his rep team mates because they happen to play for a different NRL club. :rolleyes:

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The focus of the coverage is on the World Cup though.

The NRL coverage is taking a back-seat to everything else right now and doesn't have the focus it did when Parker addressed the rumours.

Even then, Hoffman has a different answer to Parker and to expect him to have an answer right now is unfair.

Players have rarely if ever been transparent about their playing future and for good reason. Playing it out in the media wouldn't do him, especially when doing private face to face meetings is usually a far more effective route.

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
its good to know that Hoffman is now responsible for what his rep team mates post on social media. and he is definately in the wrong for posing for a photo with his rep team mates because they happen to play for a different NRL club. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone is suggesting its a crime to have a photo taken with team mates from another club during the rep season the photo itself isn't the issue, its how its utilised that is and your ignoring that, one has to question why when recently an article that links Hoffman involving those same players in the photo is then followed by a photo with comments that back it up should be viewed as just an innocent coincidence, he may not be personally responsible for those comments Big Pete but if he felt any respect towards his club, team mates and fans he would be pretty quick to make it clear where he stands

Where did I say he was personally responsible for posing for photos with his rep team mates or being responsible for what they post with it, I said at least twice he wasn't responsible for that, all I said was I disliked the way it was utilised (again not his fault) and that I felt he should at least clear the air on it, hardly an unreasonable request :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Not at all ... Tanking is a term used in sports for DELIBERATELY losing. and he certainly didn't admit that. what his comments at the end of 2012 were about IMHO, that on reflection of the season he had just completed, that he felt that he could have given more. I would hope that every single one of our players and coaches would look back at the seasons they have completed and give an honest assessment of it (if only to themselves) that way they can work on where they let themselves and their team mates down and look to improve it the following season ... which is what Hoffman did.

Not directly responsible but he is responsible for his own public, professional image and this sort of thing should need an immediate explanation. I'm sure his current employer really appreciate the fact that he is allowing his friends to post things like that. The photo is fine. What is said underneath it is the problem.

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
I'm not saying it makes him an asshole Big Pete, but you got to admit it certainly only pours petrol on a growing fire.

the fact that it pours petrol on the fire isn't Hoffman's prob though.

maybe Hoffman leaves, maybe he doesn't ... but either way, I find it a bit odd that fans are whipping themselves into a frenzy and then blaming Hoffman for not coming out and setting their minds at ease. As much as we want it to be true, players have no obligation to answer fan's requests or confirm/deny rumours that we post on forums

if people at work spread rumours about you, is it your responsibility to come out and address those rumours? You may choose to but I don't think you have any responsibility to.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • MrMoore
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.