"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
No player is bigger than the club. Don't want to play the position you're given, well **** off and don't put in 100% somewhere else.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
No player is bigger than the club. Don't want to play the position you're given, well **** off and don't put in 100% somewhere else.

^^^^ Pretty much ....

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Totally agree. This is a team sport and attitudes like that ruin the cultural. Add to that the Instagram rubbish he's been doing and he can hit the road.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
I have a problem with him being released because he is a very good winger and he performed very well for us this year and is a guaranteed long term player for us, I also really enjoy watching him play. I will be very pissed of if he leaves which is very likely.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Let him go. It's obvious he won't put in 100% next year.

A

azza

NYC Player
Jun 30, 2013
Just read this on the Sportal forum regarding the picture of the bulldogs boys and Hoff
'Haha I saw this photo being taken. Isaac Luke tried to join in and they kicked him out. Dogs only, probably
wink.gif
'

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
wouldn't it be funny if we are able to get a higher release fee than we paid for Barba :takdir:

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
It will be awesome if the transfer fee is about what we paid for Barba. Considering that by reports Hoffman was on more than Barba, we certainly won out of that deal...

Edit: Damn you Ninja Foordy.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Forget all the political football being kicked around both north and south of the border – Josh Hoffman is just about a done deal at the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs for 2014.

Despite the Brisbane Broncos’ public statements that Hoffman is their property and under contract, I’m hearing they are privately resigned to letting Hoffman go.

The only reason the move hasn’t been made public is that the two clubs are haggling over the release fee. No official announcement is likely until after this weekend’s World Cup final, with Hoffman still in England but missing a spot in the Kiwis’ squad to face Australia to Warrior Kevin Locke.

The move will delight the Bulldogs fans, who will see it as ‘payback’ after the Broncos took their star – and under contract – fullback Ben Barba recently.

Read more: Josh Hoffman to Bulldogs a done deal | NRL | Zero Tackle

Maybe so but we didn't actually "poach" Barba from Canterbury. Barba was obviously having a terrible time in Sydney with his gambling and drinking problems and being in Sydney made him distant from his family that are most obviously going to support him throughout his hard times. Barba knew that coming to Brisbane was going to make him closer to his family and was going to help his personal life greatly and help him get his life back on track. He left for a legit and serious reason and it was his decision.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
wouldn't it be funny if we are able to get a higher release fee than we paid for Barba :takdir:

I think because Hoffman has no injuries and will more than likely play the whole the season we should get more for him.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
This is good news though people, at least we won't be seeing Barba in the 6 next year. We either get Milford for next year to partner Hunt or we play Strasser.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
man seriously, easy come easy go! Hoffman bailed on the broncos so easily to join the dogs and all the fans and players are like "yeah bro, come play for us bro, you'll get a spot 'eh"

Such crap! As soon as the bulldogs realise he's no where near as good as everyone are saying he is as a fullback, they'll find someone younger, faster, lighter, smarter and more agile/potent in attack and he will be shunted to the wing again. His best position! He can't and won't play fullback forever.

Look at hodges! did the same thing! Left to go to the roosters because he couldn't play fullback due to Lockyer, then had to face minichello. Leaving for Sydney derailed his career and when he woke up to himself (like Barba had to) he had to ask the broncos nicely to return. The fact Hoffman's chumming up to all those guys who were a bad influence on Barba tells me the same thing will happen to him. He'll be lead astray by these gang like players cause they've made him feel included, respected, while in a vulnerable state.

I'm kind of laughing a little at all these bulldgos fans who think he's a great fullback...they'll soon learn.

Last edited:
Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
I'm kind of laughing a little at all these bulldgos fans who think he's a great fullback...they'll soon learn.

It's quite peculiar. Does anyone outside of Bulldogs supporters and Kiwi supporters genuinely think Hoffman is a superstar fullback?

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Zero Tackle is usually pretty good for news coming out a few hours - days before the big media and bullshit "mole" like speds on Twitter.

Hoffman is a spoilt brat. He can bugger off. He's not a good fullback, he's quite the opposite. So I've said it a few times, if he doesn't want to be a winger for the Broncos, fine, **** off, and don't come back when you realise the people at the Bulldogs are a bunch of clueless dickheads with no brain. They're not employed as footballers for their smarts.

Hope he goes, he's pissing me off. I hope he goes, and whoever their youngest FB is, is far better than him, and he ends up in fucking QCup or whatever the NSW comp is, and never sees a firstgrade start again.

Not even your national team want you in the position you fucking douche, get a grip.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Well, to be honest if there is one coach that can get Hoffman to change his game to a more modern standard, it's Hassler.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
Well, to be honest if there is one coach that can get Hoffman to change his game to a more modern standard, it's Hassler.

While having a great coach is all well and good, I don't think you can necessarily coach the vision Hoffman lacks. I mean if you can't see a three-man overlap at age 25 and six years into your professional career, will you ever?

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Skyblues87
  • lynx000
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Galah
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • the_next
  • Sproj
  • broncotville
  • Fatboy
  • Strop
  • RodF
  • Lostboy
  • bert_lifts
  • Bronx48
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Horseheadsup
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.