"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Zero Tackle is usually pretty good for news coming out a few hours - days before the big media and bullshit "mole" like speds on Twitter.

Hoffman is a spoilt brat. He can bugger off. He's not a good fullback, he's quite the opposite. So I've said it a few times, if he doesn't want to be a winger for the Broncos, fine, **** off, and don't come back when you realise the people at the Bulldogs are a bunch of clueless FOBs with no brain. They're not employed as footballers for their smarts.

Hope he goes, he's pissing me off. I hope he goes, and whoever their youngest FB is, is far better than him, and he ends up in fucking QCup or whatever the NSW comp is, and never sees a firstgrade start again.

Not even your national team want you in the position you fucking douche, get a grip.

You took the words out of my mouth nashman :)

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Attention Bulldogs fans. There's a reason we were in the market for a Fullback.....surely no further explanation is required.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail

[h=1]Milford's deal means the Broncos are unlikely to release Josh Hoffman to the Bulldogs[/h]
The long-awaited finalisation of Anthony Milford's future is likely to end Canterbury's hopes of stealing Josh Hoffman, while Kiwi custodian Kevin Locke has emerged as a top candidate to fill the Raiders' No.1 jersey in 2015.
Before leaving for Samoa last weekend for a post World Cup holiday, Milford surrendered the battle to quit the final year of his Canberra deal and re-join family in Brisbane immediately.
With Canberra's board committed to enforcing the contract through the courts, the 19-year-old was advised to sidestep a stressful legal stoush and make his move to the Broncos at the end of next season.
Negotiations between Brisbane officials and Milford's agent, Sam Ayoub, struck a two-year deal on Tuesday night that will tie him to the Broncos for 2015 and 2016.
Milford had wanted to activate a clause in his contract, which enabled the Souths Logan junior to return to Brisbane for family reasons. He argued the health of his father Malo, who is recovering from a heart attack, was reason enough to justify leaving. But after losing NSW Origin pair Blake Ferguson and Josh Dugan last season, the Raiders stood firm.

"Canberra had made their minds up to fight it and in the end, no-one wanted to see a 19-year-old go through a long and disruptive legal battle," Ayoub said.
"That's the last thing Anthony needs at this stage of his career."
Although Milford burst onto the scene at fullback this season, he has signed to play in his preferred position of five-eighth with the Broncos in 2015.
But the 12-month gap has created a problematic halves vacuum for Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin, who has lost established playmakers Corey Norman, Scott Prince and Peter Wallace over the past year.
Prince and Wallace were released in the expectation of having Milford on deck for 2014, leaving the inconsistent Ben Hunt as Brisbane's only recognised half with NRL experience for next season.
The lack of options could force Griffin to move star recruit Ben Barba to No.6, granting the restless Hoffman a reprieve that will again see him line-up at fullback.
Canterbury were hopeful of convincing the Broncos to release Hoffman to replace Barba at fullback, and Bulldogs players in the Kiwi World Cup squad had been enticing the youngster to join them at Belmore.
But given their lack of attacking options for next year, Brisbane are now highly unlikely to grant Hoffman an early release. The Daily Telegraph understands Canterbury have been told that Hoffman would not be leaving if the Broncos failed to secure Milford a year early.

The off-contract Griffin refused to discuss Hoffman's future yesterday, but did nominate both him and Barba as five-eighth candidates.
The Daily Telegraph can also reveal Canberra earmarked Locke as a contingency to play fullback had Milford not been convinced to stay for another year.
Raiders officials held talks with Locke's management about a release from the final year of his New Zealand Warriors deal, while Melbourne also saw the 24-year-old as a potential replacement for Gareth Widdop at five-eighth.
Penrith were another aggressive suitor for Locke's services, but Warriors coach Matt Elliott is loathe to lose yet another player to his old club.
The Warriors granted Locke permission to negotiate with rival clubs after they signed English fullback Sam Tomkins on a multi-million dollar deal.
In further good news for the Raiders, boom NYC centre Branko Lee has decided to knock back a monster offer from the Warriors to re-sign for three more years.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Zero Tackle is usually pretty good for news coming out a few hours - days before the big media and bull**** "mole" like speds on Twitter.

Hoffman is a spoilt brat. He can bugger off. He's not a good fullback, he's quite the opposite. So I've said it a few times, if he doesn't want to be a winger for the Broncos, fine, **** off, and don't come back when you realise the people at the Bulldogs are a bunch of clueless dickheads with no brain. They're not employed as footballers for their smarts.

Hope he goes, he's ****ing me off. I hope he goes, and whoever their youngest FB is, is far better than him, and he ends up in ****ing QCup or whatever the NSW comp is, and never sees a firstgrade start again.

Not even your national team want you in the position you ****ing douche, get a grip.

haha I find it ironic that you avatar is of Brian Griffin who like hoffman is now a dog that wasn't wanted hahahahaha

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
https://twitter.com/PritchardFrank/status/405829547616382976/photo/1/large

These games are getting ridiculous. Surely he should be punished in some way for acting so unprofessionally? I'm really starting to scratch my head, never seen anything like it before.

It's pretty immature isn't it, reminds me a bit of the Dugan and Ferguson situations, act like a khunt until your current club has no choice but to release/sack you.

I don't want him here next year and I'm sure Griffin doesn't either.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
https://twitter.com/PritchardFrank/status/405829547616382976/photo/1/large

These games are getting ridiculous. Surely he should be punished in some way for acting so unprofessionally? I'm really starting to scratch my head, never seen anything like it before.

Maybe, I'm naive or whatever. But I still don't really think he is doing anything wrong. All he is doing is posing for photos with his NZ team mates. Sure, the play for the Bulldogs, but so what.

I've posed for photos with mates of mine that working for direct competitors of my company... does that mean my company should get rid of me.

And I certainly can't compare the situation to that of Dugan or Ferguson ad [MENTION=8279]bb_gun[/MENTION] seems to. He is giving a thumbs up signal not drink cruisers on a roof having a go at his coaches.

Plus it's not his instagram.

Maybe it's because I'm not trying to find a reason to hate him

kingpest

kingpest

QCup Player
Apr 14, 2013
Release the whiney little girl. He was arguing with randoms on an Instagram photo yesterday who were questioning his value at fullback. So off him it's not even funny. And every dogs supporter comments the same shit

"come to belmore where we will treat you with the respect you deserve" **** off losers

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'm a Hoffy fan, but this kind of stuff is not on - it's unprofessional when you consider all the stories in the press.

If you want to leave, that is fine by me, just come out and say it. Don't **** around with all this Twitter photo shit, just be honest.

The first photo we saw, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but now to have done it twice, it's quite obvious what his intentions are. Disappointing.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Kearney dropped him from the Kiwi fullback role about the same time he started this twitter rubbish IIRC? I wonder if the two are related? Childish rubbish.
I thought it was due to a shoulder injury? But if not, could be true! After all, he is our assistant couch :P

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Maybe, I'm naive or whatever. But I still don't really think he is doing anything wrong. All he is doing is posing for photos with his NZ team mates. Sure, the play for the Bulldogs, but so what.

I've posed for photos with mates of mine that working for direct competitors of my company... does that mean my company should get rid of me.

And I certainly can't compare the situation to that of Dugan or Ferguson ad [MENTION=8279]bb_gun[/MENTION] seems to. He is giving a thumbs up signal not drink cruisers on a roof having a go at his coaches.

Plus it's not his instagram.

Maybe it's because I'm not trying to find a reason to hate him

I understand your point foordy, but don't you think at least it is a massive massive coincidence that there have now been three photos which contain solely bulldogs players, not one other player from another club. This could be all just a massive misunderstanding but I would find it staggering to think that out of such a large squad he hasn't managed to be pictured with anything but bulldog players. Like I have said before I might be an idiot but I find it very hard to believe this is all just a coincidence

Also, josh Morris is in the Photo that says teammates, josh Morris that plays for the bulldogs and Australia, not New Zealand is in the photo saying 'team mates' hmmmmmm

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I'm a Hoffy fan, but this kind of stuff is not on - it's unprofessional when you consider all the stories in the press.

If you want to leave, that is fine by me, just come out and say it. Don't **** around with all this Twitter photo shit, just be honest.

The first photo we saw, I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but now to have done it twice, it's quite obvious what his intentions are. Disappointing.

He's done it 3 times now.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

It is dosappointing. If anyone thinks I'm looking for reasons to hate him, they should look through precious posts of mine. I have been one of his biggest supportors and in 2012 was one of the few people that fought for him to remain fullback, but you have your head in the sand if you think these are innocent coincidences IMO

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I know rugby league players are pretty dumb, but with media speculation about him wanting out of the Broncos and a deal being done with the Bulldogs, you would think Hoffman would think "Gee, probably shouldn't post photos of myself with Bulldogs players if I want to hose this rumour down".

He's being a dick. But hey, good luck to him. Go to the Bulldogs. I actually hope he does well. Also hope he grows up.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Kearney dropped him from the Kiwi fullback role about the same time he started this twitter rubbish IIRC? I wonder if the two are related? Childish rubbish.
Kearney is there as the Kiwis coach, not the Broncos assistant coach, he wouldn't care.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I can't help the feeling that if Brisbane do play Barba at 6 and Hoffman at 1, they'll be hoping that a winning season (as opposed to last year) will inspire him to want to play on with the Broncos. Regardless of position, or maybe the slim chance that Hoffman kills it, Hunt stinks, and 2015 could potentially be 1) Hoffman, 6) Barba, 7) Milford (even though at this time it looks like a bad idea). Looking at it the other way, it's exactly what Canberra were trying to do with Milford, ie, hope he plays on and changes his mind. Which, as much as I'd hate to see him go, is probably the best argument for just releasing him, no fuss, just goodbye and good luck.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
bit of back and forth on twitter atm with hoffy, this is not all of it but some:

Maddog &#8207 [MENTION=8436]maddo[/MENTION]g_nospace 1h
@jhoffdog can I ask why you feel that playing on the wing is beneath you?

josh hoffman ‏@jhoffdog 54m [MENTION=8436]maddo[/MENTION]g_nospace never felt like that at all!

Maddog &#8207 [MENTION=8436]maddo[/MENTION]g_nospace 50m
@jhoffdog I think your a great player. Your performances last year were awesome. You have the potential to be the broncos greatest winger

josh hoffman ‏@jhoffdog 45m [MENTION=8436]maddo[/MENTION]g_nospace I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. I still feel I havnt challenged myself enough at FB.

Maddog &#8207 [MENTION=8436]maddo[/MENTION]g_nospace 42m
@jhoffdog fair call then mate. If you leave you have my blessing for what it's worth. Has hook told you what his plans are yet?

josh hoffman ‏@jhoffdog 37m [MENTION=8436]maddo[/MENTION]g_nospace thank you mate. Tis all I really ask for from the fans. Nothing has bin said! So still a bronco.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Hoffman is his own man, he can do what he wants in life - but at least have a bit of respect for your fans and don't go posing with all the Doggies brah in their 'team photos', whilst you're still a Bronco.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
bit of back and forth on twitter atm with hoffy, this is not all of it but some:

Maddog &#8207 @maddog_nospace 1h
@jhoffdog can I ask why you feel that playing on the wing is beneath you?

josh hoffman ‏@jhoffdog 54m @maddog_nospace never felt like that at all!

Maddog &#8207 @maddog_nospace 50m
@jhoffdog I think your a great player. Your performances last year were awesome. You have the potential to be the broncos greatest winger

josh hoffman ‏@jhoffdog 45m @maddog_nospace I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. I still feel I havnt challenged myself enough at FB.

Maddog &#8207 @maddog_nospace 42m
@jhoffdog fair call then mate. If you leave you have my blessing for what it's worth. Has hook told you what his plans are yet?

josh hoffman ‏@jhoffdog 37m @maddog_nospace thank you mate. Tis all I really ask for from the fans. Nothing has bin said! So still a bronco.

Then maybe he should take the challenge head on instead of running away to make it easier on him.

Unread

Active Now

• Strop
  • Bronx48
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Horseheadsup
  • lynx000
  • bert_lifts
  • RodF
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • BroncosAlways
  • MrRobot
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • Fatboy
  • Broncorob
  • Santa
  • Lostboy
  • Alec
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.