"Hoffy isn't the guy for Fullback" - Hodges

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Very happy he's come out and denied it. I would love for him to stay at the club, just not at fullback.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Hoffman sets record straight

From his own mouth, says he hasn't asked for a release. Interesting!

Happy he has denied it ... and i have no problem if he wants to win the fullback spot back, he will have to do it by carving up on the wing. and having someone like Hoffman trying to get the fullback spot will put the pressure on Barba to perform. we win all round

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
That's all I wanted from Hoffman, just to state where he stands, I didn't like how it was dragging on because it didn't help his cause or the clubs, now that his stated where he stands it's time to move on. If his prepared to do whats right for the side I would even consider him playing fullback in the 2014 season as long as he knows that come 2015 its likely he won't be there. His got my support.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Happy he has denied it ... and i have no problem if he wants to win the fullback spot back, he will have to do it by carving up on the wing. and having someone like Hoffman trying to get the fullback spot will put the pressure on Barba to perform. we win all round
It's definitely a win, so long as Griffin doesn't cave and put him at fullback and Barba at 5/8.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I don't think it'd necessarily be caving into Hoffman, rather the reality of our halves situation.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that!

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I don't think it'd necessarily be caving into Hoffman, rather the reality of our halves situation.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come to that!

I wouldn't cave just for him, but for next season I'd be prepared for him to play there, unless Milford can play for us.

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
I think if they do shift Barba to the halves in 2014, Milford will come in 2015 and play the fullback position. However, if they don't move Barba to the halves, Milford will come in 2015 and play 5/8th. Granted we don't get him for 2014 (fingers crossed!).

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I think I was calling Barba playing in the halves with us before he even officially signed with us, though originally it started as a joke.
Though I was calling Hoffman playing there too, because of an article a while back where he was saying he was originally a 5/8th. The first is pretty likely if Hoffman stays, and 2nd could actually happen too.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Is it me or he didn't deny asking for a release... He only said he never said he wouldn't be at the Broncos next season, but good on him to apologise for the dodgy pictures on instagram.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Is it me or he didn't deny asking for a release... He only said he never said he wouldn't be at the Broncos next season, but good on him to apologise for the dodgy pictures on instagram.

Pretty sure at some stage he said he was still signed on for another 2 yrs........

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Pretty sure at some stage he said he was still signed on for another 2 yrs........
Yeah, you kinda have to be signed to a contract to ask for a release. Your point is?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
He wasn't exactly convincing with his apology, the way he worded it sounds like "I haven't asked for a release yet, because I just got home, at the moment I'm still signed for 2 more seasons"

Pretty sure Milford said a similar thing when asked about joining the Bronocos whilst still playing for Canberra.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
He didn't say he hasn't asked for a release. He said that he never said he was leaving the Broncos... It's a big difference.

The information I have is that there was a release request from his agent. [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION], I'm not sure you whether you can confirm this or not, but if you can...

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming weeks. But our full strength line up is looking more and more likely to be
1. Barba
2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow yeh/vidot (don't know how good yow yeh will be)
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. Macca
10. Kennedy
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Granville
15. Moose
16. Glenn
17-22. Oates, dodds, lowrie, stagg, hala.
We'll have decent cover in for origin for once as well. (unless all three props are selected)
Exciting stuff. Just wish dce was off contract this year.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
He wasn't exactly convincing with his apology, the way he worded it sounds like "I haven't asked for a release yet, because I just got home, at the moment I'm still signed for 2 more seasons"

Pretty sure Milford said a similar thing when asked about joining the Bronocos whilst still playing for Canberra.

BRONOCOS!!

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • Bronx48
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • vertigo
  • Broncorob
  • maximus84
  • Viti
  • Scdeac
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • bazza
  • Lostboy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Santa
  • Spike
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.