How many Broncos in the Anzac test teams?

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
New Zealand:

Pretty easy - Glenn & Hoffman

Australia:

Will Hoges get the nod or will Hayne retain his spot?

You'd have to think Gillett has a bench spot wrapped up.
Parker should be in the 17 somewhere.
Thaiday, if fit, should also get in.

That makes 4 certainties & 2 possibles.

Im not sure if Hoffman will make the test team...

It would be pretty funny though if Kearney picks him to be 5/8. Wont happen though.

Im not sure if Hoffman will make the test team...

It would be pretty funny though if Kearney picks him to be 5/8. Wont happen though.

Now THAT would be funny!

Too early for Hodges. You'd think they'd go with Hayne.

Dare say Hoffman will get the nod at FB, but I wouldn't say Glenn is a certainty, especially if Money Bill makes himself available.

Hoffman will be fullback. No other kiwis are playing fullback in NRL (I don't think). Beale might be an option, but I think he'll partner SKD in the centres. Maybe Hiku if he is a Kiwi.

Perrett is playing Fullback for the Dogs.

**** I'd laugh if Hoffman got put on the Wing.

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
3. Gerard Beale
4. Dean Whare
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Keiran Foran (vc)
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Isaac Luke
10. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
11. Elijah Taylor
12. Sony Bill Williams
13. Simon Mannering (c)

14. Alex Glenn
15. Adam Blair
16. Sam Moa
17. Frank-Paul Nu'uausala

If I'm picking the NZ team today, that's the team I'm picking, hopefully for them Isaac Luke is back for the game, if he's not they'll have to choose out of Isaac John & Thomas Leuluai.

Only Parker should be a certainty. I'd actually prefer it if Hodges wasn't picked.

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
3. Gerard Beale
4. Dean Whare
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Keiran Foran (vc)
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Isaac Luke
10. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
11. Elijah Taylor
12. Sony Bill Williams
13. Simon Mannering (c)

14. Alex Glenn
15. Adam Blair
16. Sam Moa
17. Frank-Paul Nu'uausala

If I'm picking the NZ team today, that's the team I'm picking, hopefully for them Isaac Luke is back for the game, if he's not they'll have to choose out of Isaac John & Thomas Leuluai.

I don't think Luke will be back in time. NZ are kind of stuck because I hear that there are no kiwis starting as hooker in the NRL. They might go with Leului or whatever his name is.

SBW won't play, he's too precious. He won't play a meaningless test.

I think Manu Ma'u will be in the NZ squad, so I think Glenn will be forced out.

James Gavet too.

Parker will be in 17 somewhere? He's the best lock in the game and will definitely be there. Should be vice captain too. Gillett will have a bench spot and Josh McGuire should have a spot too.

1 Billy Slater
2 Darius Boyd
3 Greg Inglis
4 Jarryd Hayne
5 Brett Morris
6 Jonathan Thurston
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Matt Scott
9 Cameron Smith
10 Aaron Woods
11 Greg Bird
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker
14 Daly Cherry-Evans
15 Matt Gillett
16 Josh McGuire
17 Boyd Cordner

Something like that based on form and who is usually picked. But Tim Sheens will probably name Robbie Farah on the bench and Pat Richards on the wing or something stupid. How does a guy get sacked from coaching the Tigers and get a job as the Australian coach?

My side.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hayne
5. Morris
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Tamou
11. Bird
12. Thaiday
13. Gallen/Parker

14. DCE
15. Woods
16. Fifita
17. Gillett/Parker

I really can't see many changes.

Gallen could be back this week against the Roosters. If he is, he will be an automatic selection. If he does play, I think Parker might just edge out Gillett. Not every selection is based on form.

If Gallen doesn't play. Parker will take his spot and Gillett will surely be added onto the bench.

I can't see McGuire getting a run. Fifita did the job in the WC and that goes a long way when the team is selected, and Woods has been better.

Last edited:
Parker will be in 17 somewhere? He's the best lock in the game and will definitely be there. Should be vice captain too. Gillett will have a bench spot and Josh McGuire should have a spot too.

1 Billy Slater
2 Darius Boyd
3 Greg Inglis
4 Jarryd Hayne
5 Brett Morris
6 Jonathan Thurston
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Matt Scott
9 Cameron Smith
10 Aaron Woods
11 Greg Bird
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker
14 Daly Cherry-Evans
15 Matt Gillett
16 Josh McGuire
17 Boyd Cordner

Something like that based on form and who is usually picked. But Tim Sheens will probably name Robbie Farah on the bench and Pat Richards on the wing or something stupid. How does a guy get sacked from coaching the Tigers and get a job as the Australian coach?

It's a guarantee that Sheens will not select Farah on the bench. He won't be back in time.

I don't see how Pat Richards is a bad choice, he is a quality finisher.

It's a guarantee that Sheens will not select Farah on the bench. He won't be back in time.

I don't see how Pat Richards is a bad choice, he is a quality finisher.

I was kinda being sarcastic about Farah and Richards shouldn't get a spot in the Australian team because there's ten better wingers than him. Fifita hasn't played well enough to keep his spot. Maybe Willie Mason will get a spot in the team too. He is definitely playing well. And Tamou? Oh my god this guy is sooo crap and should not be in any rep team. Ever.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Mister Wright
  • Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • MasterWright
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.