How many Broncos in the Anzac test teams?

1. Inglis
2. Slater/Tate
3. Hodges/Tate
4. Hayne
5. Tate/Boyd
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (C)
10. Gallen
11. Bird
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. DCE
15. Nate Myles
16. Fifita
17. Papalili

18. Milford

p.s
McGuire in for Gallen (if the grub doesn't play)

Josh to take Myles's spot on the bench......Myles to start

Last edited:
I've no idea what sort of biases exist in NZRL selection, but on form I think the team should look a lot like:

1. Roger Tuivasa Sheck
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Gerard Beale
4. Josh Hoffman
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Kieran Foran
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jared Warea-Hargraves
9. Lance Hohaia (unsure if ESL players will be picked)
10. Sam Moa
11. SBW
12. Simon Mannering
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Jesse Bromwich
15. Jason Taumalolo
16. Sam Moa
17. Sam Kasiano/Manu M'au (depending on prop/backrower preference)

I was kinda being sarcastic about Farah and Richards shouldn't get a spot in the Australian team because there's ten better wingers than him. Fifita hasn't played well enough to keep his spot. Maybe Willie Mason will get a spot in the team too. He is definitely playing well. And Tamou? Oh my god this guy is sooo crap and should not be in any rep team. Ever.

I'd concede Aussie Jim isn't good enough to make the team but he probably will be picked anyway.

Fifi should still make the team though. He's sat out a few weeks but has generally played strongly.

I've seen a few errors but that's largely him over playing his hand. Which is kind of understandable given how useless his teammates have been.

Would expect this to be the lineup:

1 Billy Slater
2 Darius Boyd
3 Greg Inglis
4 Jarryd Hayne
5 Brett Morris
6 Jonathan Thurston
7 Cooper Cronk
8 Matt Scott
9 Cameron Smith
10 James Tamou
11 Greg Bird
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker
14 Daly Cherry-Evans
15 Matt Gillett
16 Andrew Fifita
17 Boyd Cordner

This assumes Gallen, Watmough, Lewis, etc aren't available due to injury.

Ideally I'd rather drop Tamou for a young buck like Woods, but don't see that happening.

I've no idea what sort of biases exist in NZRL selection, but on form I think the team should look a lot like:

1. Roger Tuivasa Sheck
2. Jason Nightingale
3. Gerard Beale
4. Josh Hoffman
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Kieran Foran
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jared Warea-Hargraves
9. Lance Hohaia (unsure if ESL players will be picked)
10. Sam Moa
11. SBW
12. Simon Mannering
13. Elijah Taylor

14. Jesse Bromwich
15. Jason Taumalolo
16. Sam Moa
17. Sam Kasiano/Manu M'au (depending on prop/backrower preference)

Moa to play 160 minutes IMO.

Paul Gallen is back for the Sharks.

That means Gillett will more than likely not be selected. Parker will get the bench spot.

Farah wouldn't be undeserving of a bench spot, although he's injured anyway but he's an incredible player and his form has been outstanding too, except Smith can comfortably play 80 minutes so there's just no need for him. But as far as deserving goes I reckon he deserves a spot more than say Tamou. DCE will get that utility spot though and that's hard to argue against because he will replace Cronk eventually so him getting experience is better for the team in the long run because as good as Farah is, he'll retire at the same time as Smith so he's never going to become a permanent fixture. All that being said we've still dominated with Sheens as coach so as far as I'm concerned he's earned the right to play who he wants until the results prove otherwise.

What are the bad selections Sheens has made in your opinion?

Farah wouldn't be undeserving of a bench spot, although he's injured anyway but he's an incredible player and his form has been outstanding too, except Smith can comfortably play 80 minutes so there's just no need for him. But as far as deserving goes I reckon he deserves a spot more than say Tamou. DCE will get that utility spot though and that's hard to argue against because he will replace Cronk eventually so him getting experience is better for the team in the long run because as good as Farah is, he'll retire at the same time as Smith so he's never going to become a permanent fixture. All that being said we've still dominated with Sheens as coach so as far as I'm concerned he's earned the right to play who he wants until the results prove otherwise.

You could pick a third grade Australian team and wouldn't have to show up to coach them and still dominate.

Players like Tamou and Kurt Gidley should almost never have played for Australia.

I don't think Luke will be back in time. NZ are kind of stuck because I hear that there are no kiwis starting as hooker in the NRL. They might go with Leului or whatever his name is.

Yeah I said that after I named the team lol, their only real options apart from Luke are.. John and Leuluai

I doubt we could win with a third grade side. But seriously we're world champions so what does it really matter if we win by 20 or 30

I'm not a massive Sheens fan or anything like that but until we actually play bad I can't hold it against him in fairness

Chris Lawrence. Hang your head in shame Tim Sheens.

However I completely agree with your post. Farah is certainly deserving of a bench spot, the issue is, it's pointless. Sheens has generally picked pretty strong sides IMO.

If we could win with a third grade side then does it really matter if Tamou gets picked? We haven't lost with him in the side yet...

Paul Gallen is back for the Sharks.

That means Gillett will more than likely not be selected. Parker will get the bench spot.

Does Parker have any sort of incumbancy that Gillett doesn't? Parker and Gallen are very similar types of players, so I could easily see Gillett being picked over Parker for the different skill set he brings to the team.

Though frankly, I'm not really sure I'd pick Gallen at all. Parker is currently being a better version of him and he wasn't all that impressive upon his return. I'd like to see the prick have to prove his form first.

I doubt we could win with a third grade side. But seriously we're world champions so what does it really matter if we win by 20 or 30

Depending on which NZ team shows up we could most definitely beat them with a third string side (That's what I meant, not third grade haha).

If we could win with a third grade side then does it really matter if Tamou gets picked? We haven't lost with him in the side yet...

Yes because players who deserve it are missing out because this guy gets picked on his good form for a few months a few years ago.

Active Now

• Battler
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • kiwi2
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Huge
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • leon.bott
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.