Hunt has put the cue in the rack

So riddle me this.. hunt gets called into Aus squad just by being a 4 week fill in hooker project but Macca in his 8 years as a full time hooker hasn't ever cracked a rep side.. wasn't he heir to cam smith

He was 18th man for Origin & I reckon he would have made the squad this year.

So in conclusion, Macca is solid at best. Will never have the mojo to be a rep player but is the best the broncos have by a long shot.

Yeah, possibly. But possibly not.
I deliberately tried to NOT answer that question though. Just wanted to point out that judging his worth at Hooker (against Hunt or otherwise) based on his rep honours so far in his career is far from an accurate judgement and unfair to him.

He was 18th man for Origin & I reckon he would have made the squad this year.

He was never actually 18th man.

IIRC, he was brought into camp because Broncos had the bye, not because he was actually going to be the back up. They bring players into the camp to introduce them to the system and get them familiar with it etc in case that call ever comes in the future. They rotate players around depending on when they are playing.

He was never actually 18th man.

IIRC, he was brought into camp because Broncos had the bye, not because he was actually going to be the back up. They bring players into the camp to introduce them to the system and get them familiar with it etc in case that call ever comes in the future. They rotate players around depending on when they are playing.

Doesn't change the fact he was 1 injury away from a bench spot.

Doesn't change the fact he was 1 injury away from a bench spot.

He wasn't.

Munster was 18th man for Game 2 and Kaufusi for Game 3.

Do you think Kevvie was going to overlook them for McCullough? Maybe Munster would have been overlooked for Game 2, although he had other forwards ahead of him at that particular time.

If Broncos were playing on those bye weeks then Macca wouldn't be in camp. I think people read just a little too much into his call up into camp.

He wasn't.

Munster was 18th man for Game 2 and Kaufusi for Game 3, plus Hunt was already on the bench.

Do you think Kevvie was going to overlook them for McCullough?

If Broncos were playing on those bye weeks then Macca wouldn't be in camp. I think people read just a little too much into his call up into camp.

I'm pretty sure it was game two and Hunt and McCullough both were brought in. Roosters also were on the bye iirc so it suggests McCullough is (was) next in line for the 9 jersey over Friend who had previously been in camp (again I think)

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure it was game two and Hunt and McCullough both were brought in. Roosters also were on the bye iirc so it suggests McCullough is (was) next in line for the 9 jersey over Friend who had previously been in camp (again I think)

Friend had also suffered a concussion in the game on the weekend prior to the players being called up.

McCullough is probably next in line but then he probably isn't, as well. Everyone gets brough into camp.

With Morgan likely to play beside Cronk, who's a better utility option than Hunt?

With Morgan likely to play beside Cronk, who's a better utility option than Hunt?
Munster..... by a long way, particularly when you factor in that smith will play the full game, Munster has more team mates in the team, he covers more positions then hunt, is a better defender and is a bigger body...

Munster..... by a long way, particularly when you factor in that smith will play the full game, Munster has more team mates in the team, he covers more positions then hunt, is a better defender and is a bigger body...
Fair, but this is for the world cup. Tbh you'd need more than one for all the games.

Munster can’t cover Smith like Hunt can. What if Smith gets hurt or they want to give him a rest.

Hunt did it 3 years ago in the four nations. Scored a couple of tries. One on debut. At hooker i may add. The kid should really consider staying a hooker.

Unread

Active Now

• Bongo
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • heartly87
  • Santa
  • Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.