Hunt has put the cue in the rack

pool-table-background-with-white-and-black-pool-ball-vector-id466634506

He went well last night with a shit load of luck, especially off that poor kick close to the Titans line. His defence was strong through the middle though, which was excellent to see.

Next week will be a test for him.

Watching Wayne in the post match presser, he really sounds like the penny has dropped, and he's just simplifying Hunt's game and letting all the skillful players like Milford, Hunt, Niko, Boyd, Roberts, TPJ, all just go for it around the ruck, but it all starts with our defence. Get the middle right from the start and we're in good stead. I thought Thaiday played well in the middle for the start of the game; added that bigger body in the middle and our defence was very strong.

Really impressed but this is week one. Let's see how Hunt does against better opposition and over the rest of the season before we crack the Dom. Don't think that's an unreasonable expectation after almost 2 years crap and the odd speck of diamond. Not sure if can get away with a 4 forward bench especially with a certain 5/8ths dodgy shoulder and sooner or later will need backs cover. Could Marshall handle the first 20 in defence at hooker? Maybe a worry. Or Waddell for first 25 or 30 - doesn't give backs cover directly but Hunt could cover halves if he must and Niko has fullback covered. Boyd can then cover wings and centres (before everyone has a heart attack about moving Boyd just recall Niko on wing last time, sometimes people have to move for the good of the team). And not like Bennett doesn't use players for 5-20 minutes a game anyway so doesn't blow up our bench rotation 'strategy'.

He's been named in the World Cup squad according to a leak

His best position imo

I agree, his long kicking game isn't good half the time and he doesn't think like a halfback even though he had a excellent year in 2015. He is still fighting mental demons. He is good at hooker has a good short kicking game as well.

As a bench hooker?

So riddle me this.. hunt gets called into Aus squad just by being a 4 week fill in hooker project but Macca in his 8 years as a full time hooker hasn't ever cracked a rep side.. wasn't he heir to cam smith

So riddle me this.. hunt gets called into Aus squad just by being a 4 week fill in hooker project but Macca in his 8 years as a full time hooker hasn't ever cracked a rep side.. wasn't he heir to cam smith

He was brought into origin camp this year so he's close.

Australia or QLD don't need a million tackles and zero spark. Might prove me wrong but don't see him adding anything to high speed rep teams.

Hunt also covers halves in a pinch. If has a good controlling half or hooker like Cronk or Smith his deficiencies can be masked at least for a half football especially against lesser teams.

Is anyone arguing that Macca is a better bench hooker than Hunt?
Macca would be a terrible bench option. Hunt is an amazing bench option.
Those rep sides have the greatest starting hooker(if not greatest player) of all-time as their starting hooker. Not saying Macca is good(not saying he isn't either), but those rep sides only needed a bench hooker, so of course Macca would never be in contention.

Is anyone arguing that Macca is a better bench hooker than Hunt?
Macca would be a terrible bench option. Hunt is an amazing bench option.
Those rep sides have the greatest starting hooker(if not greatest player) of all-time as their starting hooker. Not saying Macca is good(not saying he isn't either), but those rep sides only needed a bench hooker, so of course Macca would never be in contention.

So in conclusion, Macca is solid at best. Will never have the mojo to be a rep player but is the best the broncos have by a long shot.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Skyblues87
  • Fitzy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Swordfish
  • pennywisealfie
  • heartly87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.