Hunt has put the cue in the rack

Last night was shit, but I don't think it defines our season at all. The challenge for us is to do what Cronulla has done. They were well off last week but came out today and were really impressive. We need to come out and thrash the Knights and use that as springboard for our run into the finals. A typical up and down performance where we grind out a win is not going to cut it. That will confirm for me that mentally we are not capable this year. You have to say at this stage we and the Roosters look well off the pace and it looks like it could be a replay of last year's GF.

After the Roosters game, I said that Hunt deserved until Round 17 to prove himself.

After last night's display, Ben Hunt cannot be afforded another game.

Thanks for the memories Ben, but it's time to move on.

After the Roosters game, I said that Hunt deserved until Round 17 to prove himself.

Move on to who?

Kodi was hooked for a reason. It seems as though Bennett doesn't currently have faith in Kodi's ability to take control of a game. Who else do we have?

It seems like we will have to persevere until Milford comes back.

Isn't that history just repeating though, inconsistency from Hunt from game to game, and even within games. That is why he is so frustrating. He can play, he just cannot seem to string it together consistently. The closest he ever got was 2015.

Yeah pretty much.

Hunt hasn't been able to perform consistently well since that GF. Before then, he was doing that just fine.

While I think Hunt dropped off a bit at the back end of 2014, overall I thought he had a pretty consistent season and backed it up with a better one in 2015. Then boom.. We get a great game one round, an average one the next.

He won't be moving anywhere (not yet anyways). He will retain the #7 jersey in two weeks time. Simply no one to replace him. He wasn't that bad last night IMO, at least he created opportunities. Inconsistency has always been his greatest vice.

If he doesn't get moved on, then it's a mistake and Wayne is just being stubborn at this point.

It's obvious his days are numbered and he's out of ideas.

Hunt may have put the cue in the rack but it's up to Wayne to throw the rack out

Recently Ben Hunt is one of the most frustrating fucking players I've seen at the Broncos. He's the real life Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde. How is there such a huge difference in what he can produce one set to something he'll produce in the next? It wasn't this bad before 2016: he was still inconsistent, but not wildly so.

Marshall has definitely been the best of the rest. Maybe we can squeeze a year out of him in 2018, and try to sign a good half to partner Milford in 2019. I just hope we don't go with Bird there.

Fox sports said we are still after Ash Taylor and the lack of star players at titans has him thinking of his options.

Recently Ben Hunt is one of the most frustrating fucking players I've seen at the Broncos. He's the real life Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde. How is there such a huge difference in what he can produce one set to something he'll produce in the next? It wasn't this bad before 2016: he was still inconsistent, but not wildly so.

Marshall has definitely been the best of the rest. Maybe we can squeeze a year out of him in 2018, and try to sign a good half to partner Milford in 2019. I just hope we don't go with Bird there.
Agree re: Hunt. I really thought he'd be something special, and honestly, you can see it there, but then nik minnit; it's gone. That play he made close to the line the other night against Melbourne where he stepped back inside 2 players, threw the dummy, then ran over the top of Slater for a try was simply amazing - Andrew Johns esque. Then 2 minutes later he's throwing the ball at the ground and kicking it into opposition players feet, or kicking on the 2nd tackle with no chasers - it makes no sense.

Agree too on Benji - I think he's been great in his few goes this year. I wouldn't mind seeing him mentor Milford next season. I'd love to see Milford move to Halfback personally, have Benji play 6 and get Benji to teach Milford when to kick, where to kick, when to run, where to run, game management, composure - all the little things. Milford has come a long way this season, don't get me wrong, but having someone on the field with him who's been there and done it before, talking to him while he's in the thick of it, will be a massive plus for us, I believe.

I think Bird will play Left Centre, Roberts on the Right.

Agree re: Hunt. I really thought he'd be something special, and honestly, you can see it there, but then nik minnit; it's gone. That play he made close to the line the other night against Melbourne where he stepped back inside 2 players, threw the dummy, then ran over the top of Slater for a try was simply amazing - Andrew Johns esque. Then 2 minutes later he's throwing the ball at the ground and kicking it into opposition players feet, or kicking on the 2nd tackle with no chasers - it makes no sense.

Agree too on Benji - I think he's been great in his few goes this year. I wouldn't mind seeing him mentor Milford next season. I'd love to see Milford move to Halfback personally, have Benji play 6 and get Benji to teach Milford when to kick, where to kick, when to run, where to run, game management, composure - all the little things. Milford has come a long way this season, don't get me wrong, but having someone on the field with him who's been there and done it before, talking to him while he's in the thick of it, will be a massive plus for us, I believe.

I think Bird will play Left Centre, Roberts on the Right.

I wouldn't mind seeing what kind of havoc Roberts and Milford can cause playing on the same side.

Bennett has said in the past he has thought about moving them to different sides to get them together. So I can see it as a possibility with Bird coming next year and him favouring the right side in the centres.

I still stand by every word in the OP. Hunt is in the exact place Norman was in shortly before he fucked off to Parra. He couldn't give less of a shit about this jersey anymore and it's showing in his performances.

He hasn't put the cue in the rack, he is still trying out there.

The problem is, he just can't recapture his 2014-2015 form anymore. Not sure what it is, but he just can't find his mojo again and keep it up consistently.

He's had enough chances. He needs to go.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.