Hunt has put the cue in the rack

A mixed bag from Hunt.

Had some good moments, but had some shockers like that forward pass after Harris was sent. That was unnecessary, I thought we would have had them if it just went through the hands. Draw and pass, draw and pass, it's a very basic skill in Rugby League.

Instead he throws a wild pass which goes a mile forward and we fail to take advantage of the numbers we had.

Put in some decent kicks, some others not so much.

Running game was a bit hit and miss. A couple of times there we would have got a result if we had players running off him, but unfortunately support play is not our strong point.

Was it enough for him to get dropped? Not sure. Compare that to Nikorima's performances in the past couple of weeks.

We'll have to put up with him for a bit longer yet.

Tried his ass off but just couldn't get any consistency.

I reckon that Hunt and McCullough just cannot be controlling spine players in the same side and win a premiership. Yes they got close in 2015 BUT, since then they both repeatedly make the wrong decisions in attack and you cannot have TWO guys doing that. Individually, they are both really good players but you watch closely when Hunt is being rushed, he almost always passes short when he should go long or vice versa, the very reason I rate KNik so highly.

Despite that fact KNik has gone timid the last few weeks, he regularly makes the right decision because he is so calm under pressure. If Milf can come back from injury a more complete controlling half, either of Marshall or KNik would work well with him as he is a proven big game performer. Hunt should probably be the bench utility for us from here out.

I reckon that Hunt and McCullough just cannot be controlling spine players in the same side and win a premiership. Yes they got close in 2015 BUT, since then they both repeatedly make the wrong decisions in attack and you cannot have TWO guys doing that. Individually, they are both really good players but you watch closely when Hunt is being rushed, he almost always passes short when he should go long or vice versa, the very reason I rate KNik so highly.

Despite that fact KNik has gone timid the last few weeks, he regularly makes the right decision because he is so calm under pressure. If Milf can come back from injury a more complete controlling half, either of Marshall or KNik would work well with him as he is a proven big game performer. Hunt should probably be the bench utility for us from here out.

I really feel KNik has gone timid because he plays better with Milford. He idolizes Benji and I think feels a bit intimidated by Hunt as he sees the 7 as Hunts. When Hunt was injured he felt at home in the spot because it was his, now I think he second guesses his position because Hunt is there. KNick will improve once Hunt is out of the picture.

That performance last night was pure Hunt.

When he's on, he's fucking brilliant. That try where he stepped back inside and barged over Slater was quality.

Problem is, he's inconsistent. He's been playing first grade footy for a number of years now, and should be a lot more dependable than he is.

I like the fella, and 2015 was the best we've had a halfback play since Alfie left I reckon. But yeah, he just can't be relied on. He's absolutely worth keeping in the team for the rest of the season, I just don't know whether it should be at halfback or off the bench. Thankfully I don't have to make that decision!

Kodi should have started I feel, Hunt off the bench. That said, if every other fucker wasn't dropping the ball, Hunt probably scores a few more because he looked like he might actually have a dig at running for a change. No plan B for Hunt, so he just reverted to the usual standard of set finishes. Benji tried hard again, playing the best out of the three halves contenders.

Not the end of the world though, we'll be hurting and Knights should be worried.

Hunt got broncos man of the match. Must have been a bad night all round.

Lets see . Fwd pass with a try begging ; tick . Off load to the opposition ; tick . Throw pass on the ground in set play ; tick . Pass for intercept try ; tick .
Yep ... MotM hands down .

Lets see . Fwd pass with a try begging ; tick . Off load to the opposition ; tick . Throw pass on the ground in set play ; tick . Pass for intercept try ; tick .
Yep ... MotM hands down .

You forgot to mention grubber kick into oppositions legs. Tick. Oh and failed to kick it on last tackle due to attempt of Hail Mary pass and run play. Tick.

Actually I`ll let the kick into Slater`s legs slide . Ole Bill pulled some Ninja trick to throw his legs across in front of the ball and make it look like he wasn`t playing at the ball . Nice try Bill you might have fooled the refs . Not me .

That 6th where he forgot about the kick may have been different if Moose was there for his standard 4th tackle run .

Hunt is so fkin inconsistent. Kodi needs a decent shot for the rest of the season. If Kodi cant produce it will be the Benji Milf show next year. I have zero faith in hunts ability to get us to the gf.

BrokenPredator003.jpg

A mixed bag from Hunt.

Had some good moments, but had some shockers like that forward pass after Harris was sent. That was unnecessary, I thought we would have had them if it just went through the hands. Draw and pass, draw and pass, it's a very basic skill in Rugby League.

Instead he throws a wild pass which goes a mile forward and we fail to take advantage of the numbers we had.

Put in some decent kicks, some others not so much.

Running game was a bit hit and miss. A couple of times there we would have got a result if we had players running off him, but unfortunately support play is not our strong point.

Was it enough for him to get dropped? Not sure. Compare that to Nikorima's performances in the past couple of weeks.

We'll have to put up with him for a bit longer yet.

Tried his ass off but just couldn't get any consistency.

Isn't that history just repeating though, inconsistency from Hunt from game to game, and even within games. That is why he is so frustrating. He can play, he just cannot seem to string it together consistently. The closest he ever got was 2015.

That performance last night was pure Hunt.

When he's on, he's fucking brilliant. That try where he stepped back inside and barged over Slater was quality.

Problem is, he's inconsistent. He's been playing first grade footy for a number of years now, and should be a lot more dependable than he is.

I like the fella, and 2015 was the best we've had a halfback play since Alfie left I reckon. But yeah, he just can't be relied on. He's absolutely worth keeping in the team for the rest of the season, I just don't know whether it should be at halfback or off the bench. Thankfully I don't have to make that decision!

I posted my reply before seeing this. Totally agree Ningers. I just don't know if he has got it in him anymore, I think 2015 crushed him psychologically.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.