Hunt has put the cue in the rack

He's not our problem next year, but man how filthy would you be as a Dragons fan? 6 million for SIX years. Damn that's going to be long term pain. Even if they wanted to get rid of him, they couldn't afford that payout.

He's not our problem next year, but man how filthy would you be as a Dragons fan? 6 million for SIX years. Damn that's going to be long term pain. Even if they wanted to get rid of him, they couldn't afford that payout.

Famous last words. Watch him become a superstar again after he dons the Red V. One hell of a final insult.

I'd had enough of both Milford( shitty defence) and Hunt( shitty everything else except defence) months ago. I just want to see a Langer/Walters standard combo in place and then never have to worry about it again....

I just want Hunt gone, I'm completely over him. He used to be my favourite player but I am just done. I'm sick of the rubbish kicks that my 6 year old could catch and I'm sick of the coach killing, game
changing errors and wrong options.

Just leave. Now.

Yeah, I think it's just time to chuck Kodi there and see how well he handles the rest of the season. If he doesn't go well, we can try to find a halfback in the offseason.

I'm not sure why Bennett is persisting with him.. my only hope is that it's because he feels benji could bring us a premiership but he only has 5 or 6 good games left in him so he has persisted with hunt to save benji for the finals (although I don't think benji has it in him, this is my HOPE)

I'm not sure why Bennett is persisting with him.. my only hope is that it's because he feels benji could bring us a premiership but he only has 5 or 6 good games left in him so he has persisted with hunt to save benji for the finals (although I don't think benji has it in him, this is my HOPE)

Because he is our best chance at a title

Nikorima played w e'll agaibst the weaker opposition while Hunt was injured ... but once he won the position when Hunt returned, he didn't perform as well and was hooked.

Nikorima played w e'll agaibst the weaker opposition while Hunt was injured ... but once he won the position when Hunt returned, he didn't perform as well and was hooked.

But hunt keeps his place when he under performs. He's had a lot of games now to recapture that form of taking us to a title.

im not a stats man, there's a lot stats or results don't tell... but fact is we won 7/7 with him I believe? And we have a 50% winning record with hunt maybe? I'm not saying niko is better then hunt by any stretch, but I believe the team players better with him in it... Milford appears more confident and takes charge more,Gillett runs better lines, Roberts got more involved. Hunt is down on form, the question is do we risk another year of no premiership or take a risk and build for the future at the same time. The other option is Marshall, a guy who had won a premiership and is playing like his nrl future depends on it

And you can only play the team in front of you, and are bulldogs or parra eels the best of the best btw???

im not a stats man, there's a lot stats or results don't tell... but fact is we won 7/7 with him I believe? And we have a 50% winning record with hunt maybe? I'm not saying niko is better then hunt by any stretch, but I believe the team players better with him in it... Milford appears more confident and takes charge more,Gillett runs better lines, Roberts got more involved. Hunt is down on form, the question is do we risk another year of no premiership or take a risk and build for the future at the same time. The other option is Marshall, a guy who had won a premiership and is playing like his nrl future depends on it
In one of those 7, we were behind on the scoreboard and really struggling until Nikorima was hooked and Hunt came on

In one of those 7, we were behind on the scoreboard and really struggling until Nikorima was hooked and Hunt came on
In one of those games.... ok sorry, 6/6.5

And why change what works (eg hunt on the bench with niko starting), all of hunts qualities are nothing that can't be utilised from the bench + it takes the pressure off of him (something even the strongest hunt fan can't deny he struggles with)

Broncos halfback Ben Hunt puts hand up to replace injured hooker Andrew McCullough
182b1dc1d5982342ec02fa42e5b07ddb

BEN Hunt has thrown his hand up to fill the boots of injured hooker Andrew McCullough, with the star Broncos rake facing up to six weeks on the sideline.
McCullough, who suffered a knee injury in Friday’s 28-14 loss to Parramatta, flew into Brisbane on Saturday to get scans on his leg but will not be able to see the surgeon until Monday to get the final results.
Coach Wayne Bennett indicated on Friday that McCullough could be out for up to six weeks. But Hunt, who took over at hooker after McCullough was assisted from the field in the 69th minute, is willing to replace his good friend if the Broncos need it.
c6ae773ba5c1058da1b9afffa1fe8438

Ben Hunt is willing to replace injured hooker Andrew McCullough. Picture: Getty Images
While utility Kodi Nikorima is the most obvious choice, he has never started at hooker before and Hunt’s experience may help the club in their push for a top-four spot.
“If they put me in there and start Benji (Marshall) or Kodi in the halves and if that’s what the team needs, then I’m more than happy to do it,” Hunt said.
“I’ve played there in the past and have a bit of experience. If that’s what they want, I’ll move in. (McCullough) is going to be a massive loss for us. He’s been one of our best players all year so it’s going to hurt.’’
If Hunt does switch from halfback to hooker, it could give Nikorima and Anthony Milford the chance to strengthen their combination in the halves.
McCullough suffered the injury when the game was still drawn at 14-all, after he got caught up in a late tackle from Adam Blair on Eels centre Michael Jennings.
Blair said after the game he did not see McCullough as he went in to make the tackle.
26ab001e413689f8a86e12bd434bfd82

Andrew McCullough is assisted from the field. Picture: AAP
“I didn’t see Macca at all,” Blair said. “It’s disappointing. Everything happens so fast on the field.”
Meanwhile, Parramatta forward Kenny Edwards has been slapped with a fine for his hit on Broncos winger Jonus Pearson.
The match review committee charged him yesterday with a grade one contrary conduct, which will see him pay $1100 if he takes the early guilty plea for coming in late on Pearson, who was already on the ground following a high tackle from Nathan Brown.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...h/news-story/df1a12da31917e2b5e29c0c4c9169e34

A $1000 fine for that hit? Goodness me, the NRL is going to get sued something shocking in the future when more and more serious injuries happen as a result of what will be perceived as criminal negligence in this ridiculous slapping on the wrists that keeps happening. Players will rightly be able to argue that the NRL did not show due diligence in stamping out dangerous and illegal actions...and they would be a 100% right.

And why change what works (eg hunt on the bench with niko starting), all of hunts qualities are nothing that can't be utilised from the bench + it takes the pressure off of him (something even the strongest hunt fan can't deny he struggles with)

It's Wayne. He's being weird. Drops hunt to qcup indefinitely but has to recall him due to milfs injury. Then hunt has half a good game off the bench and gets picked for origin. Wayne then sees him as our premier half back. It makes no logic. Hunt didn't improve from getting dropped, he got lucky.

Unread

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • Allo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.