Hunt officially to Union

Get Tim Mannah with Hunt's money. Give him what he wants the boy is a gun. Scott is also worthwhile if we can afford him.

Oh I didn't notice Tim was off contract. Yea hes good, I wouldn't mind getting him. Obviously Matt Scott should be first priority though. Who is better Tim mannah or John?

McGuire reminds me a lot of Watmaugh in the way he plays, I reckon he will be a really decent 2nd rower one day.

McCullough reminds me of a young Cam Smith, and will be a gun smokin Hooker, no doubt about it.

Why did Bruno let go of Hannant, they really should've kept him at all costs.

Salary cap, pure and simple. Buying Folau and knowing he had a fight to retain K beyond this year he couldn't tie up what Hannant wanted.

In saying that though it makes you wonder why we spent money on Setu and Te'o. Can only assume they came cheap.

Wonder how our team would have looked this year had we have known Hunt was leaving when trying to sign Hannant, Ennis etc.

Dunno, but I think Locky's a bit shocked by developments to be honest.

mrslong said:
McGuire reminds me a lot of Watmaugh in the way he plays, I reckon he will be a really decent 2nd rower one day.

McCullough reminds me of a young Cam Smith, and will be a gun smokin Hooker, no doubt about it.

Why did Bruno let go of Hannant, they really should've kept him at all costs.
I have no problems with the broncos letting Hannant go, purely for the fact that there was no way at the time (and possibly still) he was worth what the dogs offered him.

I still think they should've paid him more money and at least done their best to keep him. We needed him ffs.

**** this!!!! im so devo. **** you k!

Your a champ K please come back in a few years and step in for Lockyer when he retires....

SO, with Hunt off to play snooze-ball, what's the best fullback option?

We won the comp in 2006 with Hodges at the back - do we do that again?

Or perhaps we will get a glimpse of the future tomorrow night when Hoffman gets a run?

mrslong said:
I still think they should've paid him more money and at least done their best to keep him. We needed him ffs.
I'm sure they offered him a fair wage, from memory it was a more than acceptable sum - there was no way they could have competed with the dogs offer.

On a side note, for the money, and time we have invested in K, and the player that he has become because of the Broncos, I am a bit annoyed that he is leaving, particuarly after last year. I suppose no one is guaranteed to be with one club anymore.

Loyalty is gone. I am happy for guys to go to Europe or the ESL for the last couple of years and get a big retirement paycheck, but I would like to see them stay at one NRL club for the majority of the career. Even happier with the Locky option - well done mate!

Flutterby said:
yep - what coxy said
X1000!
Please do not sign any more back line players!
Props, backrowers is what we really need and is by far our biggest weakness.

broncosil said:
On a side note, for the money, and time we have invested in K, and the player that he has become because of the Broncos, I am a bit annoyed that he is leaving, particuarly after last year. I suppose no one is guaranteed to be with one club anymore.

He's already taken a paycut to stay with us once IIRC. Can't blame him, like others have said, he's still young and he gets the opportunity to not only see the world and try something different, but make ton of money in the process. I think it's pretty obvious he loves the Broncos...I dunno if it has been posted yet, but here's an interview he had not long ago:

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/stor ... 89,00.html

Edit: Er, not a paycut exactly, but he signed on for quite a bit less than he was offered elsewhere.

broncospwn said:
Flutterby said:
yep - what coxy said
X1000!
Please do not sign any more back line players!
Props, backrowers is what we really need and is by far our biggest weakness.
Not backrowers, just props.

Agree massively with the people who feel Kemp should be signed, would be ecstatic.

Boyd would never have been let go if they werent confident of retaining Hunt. Cullen and the rest of the club knew how good he was.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • jd87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • broncsgoat
  • Financeguy
  • Astro
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  • ozzball
  • broncos4life
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lurker
  • heartly87
  • MrMoore
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.