Hunt officially to Union

Man, such a shame he's leaving us. :( But it's his life, he's lived in a fishbowl since he was 17 so I guess he would love to go and live overseas where he'll be anonymous.

this makes me so disillusioned with league! biggest kick in the guts. I couldve taken anyone else leaving.

I realise I might get shot down for suggesting this.

I agree that our priority signings shouldn't be in the backline, but geez I'd be tempted to have a look at signing Minichiello for the right price. Obviously he has a lot of injury worries, but for the right price (which is a lot less than what he currently would be on and a lot less than what Karmichael would be on) I reckon he might just be worth a gamble. In the past when he lined up in the Australian #1 jersey alongside Locky at #6 they were an unstoppable combination. He is currently 29, which means we could get a couple of good years out of him. His injury this year was only due to bad luck anyway, and it wasn't his back which was his main concern.

Like I said though, shouldn't spend too much on him, but I think he would be of the realisation that his asking price is a lot less than what it used to be.

Flame away :mrgreen:

No flaming from me. Minichiello was an excellent player prior to his horror run of injuries. If he can stay injury free then I see no reason why he couldn't get back to that level.

I'd love him in our team. I've always enjoyed watching him play - even if he is a blue.

The Rock said:
Actually Jeb, yes he's 29 but his footballing age is probably about 27 at most with the amount of time he's had off with injury. If Minicheillo can keep injury free, he'll return to his best form for sure. Even his first few games this year were outstanding I thought. I think he'd come cheap too.

That's another thing I noticed. In all of his comebacks from injury, every one of them suggested he would play Rep footy again.

No flaming from me! I reckon he's a fantastic fullback and I used to love watching him play(except for the blues), I reckon if we signed him for next year he may just be over his injuries and with him having so much time out he would be fresh and the perfect replacement for hunt, would probably come pretty cheap too.

I some how doubt Cullen would even consider it.

I reckon we should get someone who doesn't get injured every year. Just a thought.

Reading that interview with K makes me even more upset that he's leaving. He seems to have really learned from what happened last year, it's good to hear him acknowledge that they should never have put themselves in that situation and that they deserved most of criticism they got (apart from being branded rapists etc). Seems like he's really grown into a respectful young man after the events of last year and I think that's something the club will really miss when he's gone.

These footy players and their irrational managers who believe in a rational market are who are killing the game. Players who think that just because they've played out their contract they automatically deserve a higher salary the next time. In my opinion, whilst Hunt has been a bloody good player, he has been far from our best, and did not deserve what he was being offered (nor did Folao). Good riddence, lets get sum f**king frontrowers and get on with building a football team capable of stringing 4 or 5 wins in a row, yeah?

I want to see Hunt a permanent bench player next season to develop him for 2012. I know he got bagged for his game against the Sharks, but I saw enough potential there.

Mister Wright said:
I want to see Hunt a permanent bench player next season to develop him for 2012. I know he got bagged for his game against the Sharks, but I saw enough potential there.
Yea I agree. I also think that we should start preparing Hoffman for the fullback role next year. Play him on the wing for the broncos. Although it's a bit hard now because Hodges/Folau are back from injury and we have our Full strength backline again. Ofcourse Hoffman will get a go at fullback tonight but Hunt should be back next week. I would move Winterstein into left centre and Michaels to QLD cup with Hoffman on the wing. Can't see it happening though :(.

Of all the fullbacks going around, Minichello is about the only one I could stomach seeing in K's jersey.

Minichello would be a risk with his injury troubles. Personally I'd love to see Hodges go to fullback. He was fullback when we won the comp. That would free up Izzy for the centres, and perhaps someone like Copley or Hoffman, or whomever can take a wing spot.

Isn't Hodges going to be an ageing fullback? I reckon 3 good years of FB in him if he wants? He's tops in the centres when he is ON though.

Hunt - Good for him I reckon. It would have been great if he wanted to stay because I think league still has so much to offer him apart from money. Still - understandable decision. He has been great for us.

On business side of things - He wasn't really getting paid HUGE money, so it doesn't free up TOO MUCH of the cap does it? Can we buy some big name players or player? Are we in the hunt? (pardon the pun) More importantly whose off contract?

lockyer47 said:
Isn't Hodges going to be an ageing fullback? I reckon 3 good years of FB in him if he wants? He's tops in the centres when he is ON though.

Hunt - Good for him I reckon. It would have been great if he wanted to stay because I think league still has so much to offer him apart from money. Still - understandable decision. He has been great for us.

On business side of things - He wasn't really getting paid HUGE money, so it doesn't free up TOO MUCH of the cap does it? Can we buy some big name players or player? Are we in the hunt? (pardon the pun) More importantly whose off contract?
Well we offered Hunt like 400k didn't we? So that must mean that we do have a fair bit of dorra free. Plus Taylor was on 100k-150k or something wasn't he?
Gorrell, Lockyer(most likely staying), Hunt(most likely gone), Setu, Taylor(gone) and Ah Mau are all of our off contract players. Let Gorrell and Setu go and release Michaels I say. Unless something changes in their form in the second half of the season of course..
With some of the money that we offered Hunt we should try our best to snag Matt Scott.

Only reason I would love to have Minichillo is becaus eI think he could be over his injuries by next year and that he would come pretty damn cheap. Otherwise I think the 400k +Gorrell leaving should be used on 2 quality front rowers.

Hunt has signed with Sanyo in the Japanese Rugby Union

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • mieko
  • Fitzy
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Socnorb
  • Maddy
  • Justwin
  • Tim K
  • Foordy
  • azza.79
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Swordfish
  • Johnny92
  • Horseheadsup
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.