Hunt Signs with St George Illawarra

Just remember people, the grass might look greener on the other side, but if you jump the fence it might turn out to be astroturf....

We're signing an artificially-created cyborg that has all the benefits of a perfect halfback but none of the shitty development work or maintenance? Wall-P it is.

Blame zero tackle, not me: http://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/mafoa-aeata-hingano/

By the way, half of these so called "work experience kids" you're complaining about are already leagues ahead of Hunt in the short kicking & raw skill compartment. But don't let that stop you, I'm loving all your salty posts, it makes me feel warm inside.

Any of them played for Australia at a senior level? Any of them been to an NRL gf (other than in the stands).

Didn't think so.

Last year Hunt had more try assists than anyone bar Cronk and Thurston.

He's miles ahead of your work experience halves in terms of actual achievements (not "raw skill" which is a convenient fallback when you can't argue about real achievements).

It'll make me feel warm inside when your wiping the egg off your face next year.

364 days to go champ.

Any of them played for Australia? Any of them been to an NRL gf (other than in the stands).

Didn't think so.

Last year Hunt had more try assists than anyone bar Cronk and Thurston.

He's miles ahead of your work experience halves in terms of actual achievements (not "raw skill" which is a convenient fallback when you can't argue about real achievements).

It'll make me feel warm inside when your wiping the egg off your face next year.

364 days to go champ.

I love that your argument is based around achievements, hahahahaha. By that rationale Shane Perry is a far superior player to Ben Hunt, has your golden boy won a premiership? Didn't think so!

What happens in 364 days by the way? Is that the point you realise you're in your mid to late 30's and are acting like a pre-teen on an Internet forum?

I love that your argument is based around achievements, hahahahaha. By that rationale Shane Perry is a far superior player to Ben Hunt, has your golden boy won a premiership? Didn't think so!

What happens in 364 days by the way? Is that the point you realise you're in your mid to late 30's and are acting like a pre-teen on an Internet forum?

Nah that's when I repeat all of your silly comments from last night and you sit there very quietly pretending that you didn't make them and assuring us that we'll sign someone.

That'll make me feel, what were your words "all warm inside"?

Ps yeah.

Shane Perry was a better player.

Don't know why he gets a bad wrap around here.

Btw if we only need a Perry that must mean that you think that Milford is as good as 2006 Lockyer?

Said it last night. You. My lad. Are delusional.

Nah that's when I repeat all of your silly comments from last night and you sit there very quietly pretending that you didn't make them and assuring us that we'll sign someone.

That'll make me feel, what were your words "all warm inside"?

This rings a bell, like all those times I was in support of us signing Bennett, Boyd & Blair whilst 90% of the forum said they were "terrible signings" and "a step in the wrong direction". Funnily enough I never heard back from any of those people disagreeing with me.

Same scenario here, I'm confident in my stance that we will be far better off as an organisation and a team in 2018 because of not matching the Dragons offer. Don't forget to factor in all of the players that we'll be able to upgrade & re-sign that we wouldn't have been able to if we sunk $1m per season into Hunt.

Actually, scrap that last sentence, I shouldn't really expect you to think rationally, you're too busy thinking that the end of the world is nigh.

This rings a bell, like all those times I was in support of us signing Bennett, Boyd & Blair whilst 90% of the forum said they were "terrible signings" and "a step in the wrong direction". Funnily enough I never heard back from any of those people disagreeing with me.

Same scenario here, I'm confident in my stance that we will be far better off as an organisation and a team in 2018 because of not matching the Dragons offer. Don't forget to factor in all of the players that we'll be able to upgrade & re-sign that we wouldn't have been able to if we sunk $1m per season into Hunt.

Actually, scrap that last sentence, I shouldn't really expect you to think rationally, you're too busy thinking that the end of the world is nigh.

Ah now you're talking about other players getting upgrades.

That's deflecting btw.

What about the players we have to lose because we are going to have to pay 1 mill plus (might even have to pay overs) to get a decent halfback (hey if Mbye is on 700 pre salary cap rise, what do you think a good half might be on).

ps got a few backrowers we can get rid of before we need to start worrying about losing important people. Thaiday (getting on), Glenn etc.

Your going to start to see a lot more Melbourne style teams (not illegal I mean) where you have a gun spine and probably good props/locks and journeymen/Rookies in other spots.

That's part of the reason why I don't see how you justify getting a Gagai or someone like that, centres and wingers and backrowers don't win premierships.

We haven't won a premiership for 11 years and I am now not over optimistic that can win one in the life of the current team (now we not only lack grunt up front but we have to find or develop a half).

Ps one final thought (and then I swear I'll stop because I've now had my rant and it's time to go and get the toys and put them back in the cot) there was a useful penrith half a few years ago Harry (or Henry) with a funny last name (had s's and j's in it) and he was touted as being a future aussie rep and the next Johns etc....where is he? Nowhere. Some kids go well in their first year (Brett Seymour, Tim Smith etc) and then drop off the podium. You place your faith in kids if you wish.

Yeah I think we've said all that can really be said, we'll just end up going in circles like the religion thread if this keeps up. We just have to wait and see what happens. I'll stick by my glass half full stance, you can stick by your glass half empty stance.

You place your faith in kids if you wish.

I've never really suggested putting our faith in a kid, I was kidding about Hingano. As I said in a previous post, I listed 6 or 7 players under the age of 26 that have the required skill set to get us to where we need to be, I'm confident we will get one of them and coach them in the areas they need coaching. (Which is what we tried to do with Hunt by the way, but when someone is that unmotivated / uncoachable that they don't improve their kicking game in the space of 6 or 7 years, it's time to move on.)

The second most ridiculously overpriced signing after Kalyn Ponga.

The Dragons need a fucking forward pack. Not a ball running, head game wrecked, no kicking game halfback.

Will miss Hunt, he brought much joy, especially during 2012-2014 dark days, and the 2015 surge. A club favourite, those 3-4 seasons sitting on the bench in the 14 ultimately cruelled his development IMO. Hindsight being 20/20.

I can't see how he will mature as a player at the Dragons. He is, and seems will forever be, a play what is in front of me this set, half back.
Next year he will be a 5/8 I reckon. That drew Hutchinson will probably be their halfback and Widdop will go back to England.

Yeah I think we've said all that can really be said, we'll just end up going in circles like the religion thread if this keeps up. We just have to wait and see what happens. I'll stick by my glass half full stance, you can stick by your glass half empty stance.

I've never really suggested putting our faith in a kid, I was kidding about Hingano. As I said in a previous post, I listed 6 or 7 players under the age of 26 that have the required skill set to get us to where we need to be, I'm confident we will get one of them and coach them in the areas they need coaching. (Which is what we tried to do with Hunt by the way, but when someone is that unmotivated / uncoachable that they don't improve their kicking game in the space of 6 or 7 years, it's time to move on.)

Mate. I hope you're right.

This forum if we ever signed Soward

giphy.gif

Not with this hardware mate. We cool.

if James Roberts got fired this year. Broncos should use the money to bring back Jayden nikorima as soon as possible. Play him full year in Queensland cup as halfback. That is only possible if roosters are still interesting signing James Tedesco. They have to get ride of some players to make room for James Tedesco.

Last edited:
I'm just going to throw this out there as a possibility

1 - Kahu
6 - Boyd
7 - Milford

I'm just going to throw this out there as a possibility

1 - Kahu
6 - Boyd
7 - Milford

You're the second person in 24 hours who I disagree with for this very suggestion.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skathen
  • Battler
  • Ondi
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.