Hunt Signs with St George Illawarra

I'm hearing Quade Cooper will be offered a one year deal. I might have just made that up but I'm going to throw it out there on Twitter for the likes of the Lurker or the Mole.

Add Usain Bolt & they will believe it.

Luke Brooks and SJ are the only quality halves at the end of 2017.. *welp*

Guess our prem window is closing.

Foran is a quality half and he only has a one year deal at the Warriors.

Bit disappointing as he is still a pretty good player, especially if he gets his mojo back. I dont think he is worth the kind of money St George are paying him, especially as he will be 28 by the time he starts a season for them.

The obvious choice for me now if to push the boat out for Taylor, but i think Keiran Foran would be great along side Milf. He only has a one year deal at the Warriors and i think he could be the perfect foil for how Milf plays.
Taylor isn't available.

Foran. You want that head case here? Let's get some Parra fans on the line and see what they thought about getting walked out on.

You've all lost it.

Get a piece of paper. 2018 is going to be shit.

I have to be honest, this doesn't engender much respect from me for Ben Hunt. So let me get this all right, he drops a premiership in a GF, sobs about it like his soul just got torn in half, delivers a 6/10 season the following year then ***** off to another club for the payday.

And thus probably dooms us to Marshall in the halves, great. Well what other reaction would you expect to that, Ben?

well-bye-animated-gif.gif

Taylor isn't available.

Foran. You want that head case here? Let's get some Parra fans on the line and see what they thought about getting walked out on.

You've all lost it.

Get a piece of paper. 2018 is going to be shit.

We will see how he plays ( if at all ) for the Warriors. If he plays like he can, he is better than Hunt.

Taylor is only contracted to the end of 2018. We can wait.

Well **** sake. You could plot a graph of our expectations of a premiership and its massive decline.

Why isn't anyone taking SJ seriously as an option? The Warriors have one of the worst cultures in the NRL and it's the club that's holding him back from being brilliant, consistently.

Bennett + Broncos, no one adds consistency to talent like that combo.

Is he too similar to Hunt? Yes he has an obscene running game, but he is also a very handy kicker and passer and has oodles of confidence and is not afraid of pushing superstars around.

Could we afford him? He's already been paid very well by the Warriors, so he doesn't necessarily bead that "late career payday", and you'd think that he knows he'll never get that consistency at the Warriors. I'd offer him $650k to start negotiations, hope he accepts $750k or less, and start dreaming.

We will see how he plays ( if at all ) for the Warriors. If he plays like he can, he is better than Hunt.

Taylor is only contracted to the end of 2018. We can wait.
Oh don't get me wrong. He's a gun player. Just worried about his mental state.

I have to be honest, this doesn't engender much respect from me for Ben Hunt. So let me get this all right, he drops a premiership in a GF, sobs about it like his soul just got torn in half, delivers a 6/10 season the following year then ***** off to another club for the payday.

And thus probably dooms us to Marshall in the halves, great. Well what other reaction would you expect to that, Ben?

well-bye-animated-gif.gif

I'm not sure i can blame any player for chasing the money. Fairly sure if we were offered 3 or 4 million at one club and 6 at another we would take the bigger offer.

Oh don't get me wrong. He's a gun player. Just worried about his mental state.

Could work well in our favour if he gets a run at the warriors, plays well early on then we step in and take him from them
! :superhappythumbsup:

Why isn't anyone taking SJ seriously as an option? The Warriors have one of the worst cultures in the NRL and it's the club that's holding him back from being brilliant, consistently.

Bennett + Broncos, no one adds consistency to talent like that combo.

Is he too similar to Hunt? Yes he has an obscene running game, but he is also a very handy kicker and passer and has oodles of confidence and is not afraid of pushing superstars around.

Could we afford him? He's already been paid very well by the Warriors, so he doesn't necessarily bead that "late career payday", and you'd think that he knows he'll never get that consistency at the Warriors. I'd offer him $650k to start negotiations, hope he accepts $750k or less, and start dreaming.

You offer him 650. He'll laugh.

Any first grade half would.

He's crap. Warriors are the most talented side in the comp and he couldn't guide half of them to the buffet, let alone around a field.

Could work well in our favour if he gets a run at the warriors, plays well early on then we step in and take him from them
! :superhappythumbsup:

He'd be miles out of our price range too.

He'd be worth a mill a year.

And apparently halves aren't worth that. Apparently we have some unproven or unachieving backrowers to keep.

Cough Todd Carney cough 100k a year cough

Cough Todd Carney cough 100k a year cough
Apparently can't get registered.

He must have really pissed someone off. Bird, Gallen, Ferguson etc and yet he can't get in...

You offer him 650. He'll laugh.

Any first grade half would.

He's crap. Warriors are the most talented side in the comp and he couldn't guide half of them to the buffet, let alone around a field.

Every decent player that's gone up the Warriors has gone to shit. It's the system that's rooted.

He's got money already. He needs a premiership.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Astro
  • simplythebest
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • The Don
  • davidp
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wolfie
  • Shane Tronc
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.