Hunt Signs with St George Illawarra

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Apparently can't get registered.

He must have really pissed someone off. Bird, Gallen, Ferguson etc and yet he can't get in...

bfl.gif

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
warriors are the most talented side in the comp and he couldn't guide half of them to the buffet, let alone around a field.

Yeah they have alot of talent but a terrible culture and a piss weak forward pack. You can blame johnson all you want but he isnt the problem there

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
He'd be miles out of our price range too.

He'd be worth a mill a year.

And apparently halves aren't worth that. Apparently we have some unproven or unachieving backrowers to keep.

Not so sure he would tbh. He isn't in a position to command top dollar right now.

I get the feeling we just wouldn't entertain paying Hunt a 6 million dollar contract after his erratic form last season. OF course, if he plays to his absolute best next season me might regret that decision.

I still think we should have thrown our money at Cronk tbh.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Johnson not showing up and kicking balls out on the full all the time is a problem.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Not so sure he would tbh. He isn't in a position to command top dollar right now.

I get the feeling we just wouldn't entertain paying Hunt a 6 million dollar contract after his erratic form last season. OF course, if he plays to his absolute best next season me might regret that decision.

I still think we should have thrown our money at Cronk tbh.

I don't know if you saw one of the last few episodes of NRL 360 where he talks about his time at Melbourne, but Cronk was never leaving Storm. It wouldn't have mattered how much we threw at him. The way he talks about the club, he never entertained the idea of leaving it. That club is his life.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Johnson not showing up and kicking balls out on the full all the time is a problem.

Warriors problem. Half the team go to sleep every game. Yawning is contagious.

Bennett & Boyd rock up. Bennett just points to Boyd. "See what he did? You've got twice the talent". Johnson grins. Boyd doesn't.

01 Boyd
06 Milford
07 Johnson

TonyTheJugoslav

TonyTheJugoslav

QCup Player
Nov 15, 2014
What do you mean dodging a bullet?!?!?! How will we ever win another game without Hunt?? Hunt was our gun, there's no bullets without a gun :( :( :( :thebadmantookbaxter:

@Brent81

Take his bet than if you are calling him out.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
If Johnson does what Korbin did and takes a contract that his last season was worth then I'll accept him at the Broncos. 3 year 150k a season. **** he's shit.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
If it's real and he's gone, then so be it. They gave him the opportunity, he had a good year or two, dropped a ball and has been in defensive mode ever since. If he didn't want to use it as motivation to win one back and become part of the greatest pairing since Langer/Walters, then good luck to him and the family. $6M is a lot of coin to pass up.

Maybe he's trolling us and will renege a week later :|

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016

Hunt had three more try assists last year than Johnson, and had as many useless kicks as Johnson.

jd87

jd87

NRL Captain
Apr 4, 2014
not sure what brent would want the broncos to do in this situation? did u want the broncos to offer 1 mill a year? is that even physically possible with our current roster?

and if so were does that leave milford? would u rather hunt partner with a no name or milford partner with a no name?

because u are right, dominant half's would be worth 1 mill a year in next few years. but no team will have 2 x 1 million a year halfs. so i guess we had to choose and we chose milford.

personally i think milfs ceiling is 10x that of hunts.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I don't know if you saw one of the last few episodes of NRL 360 where he talks about his time at Melbourne, but Cronk was never leaving Storm. It wouldn't have mattered how much we threw at him. The way he talks about the club, he never entertained the idea of leaving it. That club is his life.

Probably right, but a half like him would give us a premiership.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.