Hypothetical: Who would you trade with Souths?

Nah it's part of my being honest about the shiny new thing the NRL and it's fans get excited about agenda. He was great against a second rate Queensland team that should never have been in the game. I didn't bring up McCullough, you did. Just because I don't exaggerate his deficiencies doesn't mean I think he's the best hooker in the game.

He's not new, he was also good for the Bulldogs in 14'-15' and is 27 years old. Second rate Queensland team?.. clutching. Also, I didn't really bring up McCullough, this thread is discussing who people who trade with the Rabbitohs, most people would trade McCullough for Cook, hence your injection of your opinion on Cook.

I agree some people do exaggerate McCullough's poor areas, but he does have a lot of them in reality. The only part of his game that is indisputably great is his defence / work rate. Just out of curiosity, which hookers as of this very moment would you consider better than McCullough as a whole?

He's not new, he was also good for the Bulldogs in 14'-15' and is 27 years old. Second rate Queensland team?.. clutching. Also, I didn't really bring up McCullough, this thread is discussing who people who trade with the Rabbitohs, most people would trade McCullough for Cook, hence your injection of your opinion on Cook.

I agree some people do exaggerate McCullough's poor areas, but he does have a lot of them in reality. The only part of his game that is indisputably great is his defence / work rate. Just out of curiosity, which hookers as of this very moment would you consider better than McCullough as a whole?
He was average before this year and couldn't lock down a spot. Yes a 2nd rate Queensland team that nobody rated or thought would win, remember? And you definitely brought up Macca in relation to this conversation

Cook
Luke
Hodgson
Smith
McInnes
Friend finished the year better but over their career McCullough has been ahead

He was average before this year and couldn't lock down a spot. Yes a 2nd rate Queensland team that nobody rated or thought would win, remember? And you definitely brought up Macca in relation to this conversation

Cook
Luke
Hodgson
Smith
McInnes
Friend finished the year better but over their career McCullough has been ahead

I don't think he was average, he has always had an excellent running game and motor. Was just poor coaching from Hasler & Maguire to not realise what they had under their nose. The quality of the QLD side is pretty irrelevant in terms of how Cook performed, it's not like we exclusively picked poor defenders in the middle.

I agree with your list. So, you'd happily trade McCullough for Cook if all things were equal salary / years wise?

I don't think he was average, he has always had an excellent running game and motor. Was just poor coaching from Hasler & Maguire to not realise what they had under their nose. The quality of the QLD side is pretty irrelevant in terms of how Cook performed, it's not like we exclusively picked poor defenders in the middle.

I agree with your list. So, you'd happily trade McCullough for Cook if all things were equal salary / years wise?
Only if it's a package deal with the Burgess brothers. I already explained this

Only if it's a package deal with the Burgess brothers. I already explained this

So you think Cook is a better overall player than McCullough, but you wouldn't trade them 1 for 1 unless the Rabbitohs also chip in 3 of the best forwards in the game?

Yep, no agenda here boys.

Burgess brothers are the most overrated players who have played this game in the last decade. They are fucking plodders that are only good for being penalised for absolute dumb shit. And you take those idiots, you end up with their big mouthed mother.

We don't need any of their players except for Reynolds.

So you think Cook is a better overall player than McCullough, but you wouldn't trade them 1 for 1 unless the Rabbitohs also chip in 3 of the best forwards in the game?

Yep, no agenda here boys.
I think there are numerous better players I wouldn't trade for. For example, I wouldn't swap Blake Ferguson for either of Oates or Isaako despite his season being better. I wouldn't trade Maloney for Milford. I wouldn't trade Jack De Belin for McGuire. I wouldn't trade Coen Hess for Alex Glenn. I wouldn't swap Hayne for Boyd. Latrell Mitchell for James Roberts? No thanks. I think certain players suit certain clubs better. But it doesn't mean I think they're shit. It's just a preference. I'd trade Hodgson or Smith for him though and I hate Smith.

I'd flick Bird and take Cook in a heart beat. I'd happily take Reynolds as well and that is all.

Niko for Reynolds
Boyd for Inglis
Macca for Cook
McGuire for Surgess

Boyd -> Jennings

Isaako to FB

Isaako is a winger (a quality winger), but not a fullback yet

s8mSVloL6xDKXuGzJGFqYGPGs5asboj3iyTQaE4djQc.gif

The force is strong with you, young Isaako, but you are not a fullback yet.

Does Cook come as a package deal with the Burgess brothers because the bloke has been invisible without them knocking the markers over

One thing is for sure, even if our forwards took out markers to give space for our current number 9, he would just waltz through the created space in slow motion holding up the play looking for support just begging to be Napa’d again.

Our biggest weaknesses position wise was at a half fit Darius at 1, McCullough stagnating at 9 and McGuire stagnating at 13.

I saw some good signs from Boyd towards the back end of the year form and fitness wise to at least give him the first half of the year with a good pre season behind him before I would make a final decision on his future. I think getting over the mental hurdle and getting games under his belt finally seemed to put some demons to bed. Some of his game has still fallen away but give him a strong injury free pre season and work on a few things and we might see him start the season well for once. I though once Milford’s kicking game went through the roof and Darius got more confidence our halves problem wasn’t as bad as first thought. Although signing SOS helps compliment that if he kicks on.

Meaning the main position we need to strengthen is at 9. We have great depth within our own systems to replace McGuire at lock and with the forwards we are developing he is someone we could do without in all honesty especially if Gillett comes back in any sort of form.

With that in mind a realistic trade off would be

1. McCullough for Cook
2. McGuire for Murray
3. Bird For Inglis

Active Now

• Organix
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.