I was told during the game, how unlady like I was

bianc said:
Housewife to me implies that is all one can do. Which is so untrue of most. I personally find it a degrading word for a woman to call herself a 'housewife' [icon_shru We are not married to the house eusa_think
I also hate the words 'hubby and the missus'. [icon_frown 'My better half or the other half' [icon_non Shudder [icon_lol1.

Meh, the word doesn't bother me... I know thats not all I can do. I love this job. I think the technical term is "Homemaker". I always say it makes me the boss of the house. And I am [icon_lol1.

Husband just pays for it [icon_evillaugh

bronco_babe77 said:
bianc said:
Housewife to me implies that is all one can do. Which is so untrue of most. I personally find it a degrading word for a woman to call herself a 'housewife' [icon_shru We are not married to the house eusa_think
I also hate the words 'hubby and the missus'. [icon_frown 'My better half or the other half' [icon_non Shudder [icon_lol1.

Meh, the word doesn't bother me... I know thats not all I can do. I love this job. I think the technical term is "Homemaker". I always say it makes me the boss of the house. And I am [icon_lol1.

Husband just pays for it [icon_evillaugh
I dream of the day I become a Housewife icon_thumbs_u I will join my sisters at mothers morning teas, go to the gym, go shopping, pay the maid [icon_shady

I am the maid and get paid for it but at home I am the maid and don't [icon_thumbs_do
Still do all the things you are wishing to do and be a maid (as you call it)at the same time. [icon_razz1

Have you girls made the beds, washed the clothes and started on dinner yet? It's past noon and while your husband's have been doing real work, you lot have been sitting around the house.

Hammo said:
Have you girls made the beds, washed the clothes and started on dinner yet? It's past noon and while your husband's have been doing real work, you lot have been sitting around the house.

Yes. Yes I have thanks. And I did it in my own sweet time too [icon_razz1

Sooo, what are you cooking yourself for dinner Hammo???

I remember having a heated argument about a year ago on here with some completely insane woman (I think her user name was Bindii or something) who thought there was nothing wrong with taking her baby to a footy game...2 days after leaving the hostpital. What the HELL is wrong with those people?

Well...my username is Bindii, but I am not insane...I made a choice to take my baby to the football, and that, as a parent, is my decision. There are plenty of babies at the football these days and I think it's great that people feel that our stadium is a safe enough place to take them. And for most part, it is. What I objected to in this particular circumstance was that bottles were being thrown all over the place, narrowly missing BOTH of my kids. I never expected people to be quiet around her, or making special allowances for her being there. Going to the Broncos is an extended family outing and something that our children were always going to participate in. And as a result of that, we have two children who love game day, always have and get right into the footy. I am quite satisfied with my parenting decisions thanks very much! icon_thumbs_u

Bindii76

And in the off chance a fight broke out next to you, how could you have protected your baby from flying arms & someone falling on you & your baby.

No chance of fights breaking out around us. We are surrounded by family and friends. So it was always going to be safe. :)

Bindii76 said:
I remember having a heated argument about a year ago on here with some completely insane woman (I think her user name was Bindii or something) who thought there was nothing wrong with taking her baby to a footy game...2 days after leaving the hostpital. What the HELL is wrong with those people?

Well...my username is Bindii, but I am not insane...I made a choice to take my baby to the football, and that, as a parent, is my decision. There are plenty of babies at the football these days and I think it's great that people feel that our stadium is a safe enough place to take them. And for most part, it is. What I objected to in this particular circumstance was that bottles were being thrown all over the place, narrowly missing BOTH of my kids. I never expected people to be quiet around her, or making special allowances for her being there. Going to the Broncos is an extended family outing and something that our children were always going to participate in. And as a result of that, we have two children who love game day, always have and get right into the footy. I am quite satisfied with my parenting decisions thanks very much! icon_thumbs_u

No seriously, You're an idiot for taking an baby to the football.
Admins feel free to get up me for being offensive but it's deadset ridiculous to take a BABY to a crowded football game, I don't care who is around you. It is not the right place to be taking children that young.

Scotty: I think the majority of us agree with you. However, whatever we think of bindii's decision, it is and was bindii's decision and if she's comfortable with it that's her choice.

No real point hammering her about it.

There are worse places to take a baby than the footy surely...what about taking one to the Ekka.

And a baby is more likely to be harmed in a car than at a footy game. I've never seen a baby injured at a footy game.

I wouldn't take an infant to a game myself, but meh there are worse things....

Yeah I know there a worse places you could take a Baby, but in the middle of footy season (winter) when the flu is about, in a noisy place where people are drinking and unpredictable, I just think it's common sense to keep a child that young away.

I went camping on Moreton Island recently and my cousin brought his 10 month old babygirl.

I was very anti it, as I just thought that if something happens it would be too long for emergency to get her, however not another person had a problem with it [icon_shru

Actually, edit that. It sounded bad on so many levels!

^^^^ Hahaha - now I wanna know what you said!!!

I really don't want to debate this all over again, but thanks to those people who respect my ability to make my own parenting decisions, rather than simply suggesting I am an idiot. I really don't feel the need to further justify my decision.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Tim K
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • azza.79
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Thelmus
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • Morkel
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.