If Hunt leaves - Hodges to FB?

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Ok, I'm going to throw this out there.

Hodges to FB?

What is he turning in 2010? 27 or 28?
That is maybe three good seasons before the age decline? Or is he too old? High ball or too slow?

Do we develop a young gun again? Such a shame since if Hunt stayed he could have been a long, long term FB for years to come.

Blooding a rookie FB again next year does not appeal to me too much, but do we have a choice? A whole off season to work on Folau's centre deficiencies?

I think it could be OK to try but I can see it epic failing as well.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Hodges played...what..10 games at fullback?

And he was great! But hes still only played a handful of games there.

Meanwhile we have great young talent in Hoffman and Beale waiting in the wings. Let them have a go. Karmichael would've never got a go if we didn't take a gamble on him as a 17 year old!

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
^
Yeh sigh. I've got no squabbles with him leaving. It's just a shame for the Broncos thats all. Developing a consistent FB these days that can compete with the big guns is no easy feat is it...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Maybe as a last resort Hodges is a centre and only played fullback in 2006 because Hunt was injured. Time to let Hoffman or Beale to develop into a fullback we can depend on.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
with the youngsters we have in the team i don't think it would be the right move to play Hodges at fullback. Hoffman really looks the goods and Beale did a good job when he played against Manly.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd probably like to see Beale at fullback rather than Hoffman.. Beale looks to have more play making skills and a bit more pace.. I could be wrong though..

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
For mine, especially in the game against the Warriors, even when returning after injury, Hodges showed how dangerous he is in the centres.

That's where he belongs.

I'd rather see Glenn at FB, especially since Carroll is back.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Glenn at fullback are you sure you meant to type in Glenn???

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
No. Hodges is too good in the centres to move him. Folau should be tried at fullback because I believe he can offer the team more from there he'll obviously need time to adjust but he's a great player so I don't see why not and he has played there in FG before. Otherwise Hoffman is looking like he'll fit in nicely once Hunt is gone.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Folau at fullback I think the worlds gone crazy!!!

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I think Hoffman is the goods. Leave Hodges in the centres.

H

horses mouth

Jun 29, 2009
Beads6 said:
I'd probably like to see Beale at fullback rather than Hoffman.. Beale looks to have more play making skills and a bit more pace.. I could be wrong though..
beales good,but injuries cld be his downfall.now havin second knee reco,already had 2 shoulder recos.

H

horses mouth

Jun 29, 2009
copely wld be a better option,seems very tough for such a young age........

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
At this point in Hodges' career, he can probably only be banked to play 60% of games due to his increasing rate of injuries ... That's hardly an ideal proposition for a position as important as FB. The young kid who played at the back on friday night did a sterling job imo.

U

uji

QCup Player
Mar 16, 2008
Yep, leave Hodges, leave Folau (you aren't serious?) and leave everyone else. The youngsters look the goods and there are always young fullbacks developing.

Besides, I think we all know who belongs at fullback, D. Lockyer.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
^
Locky at FB? You're dreaming.

Folau? Anyone fast that makes a break would just run around him.

Unread

Active Now

• mystico
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Seibs
  • Skyblues87
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.