10. TPJ
11. Fiffita
12.Gillete
13. Offa
14. Hass
15. Sua
16. Fleggler
17. Sos or other young half/utility

This is my post Roosters team. We need a small change to provide a difference in attack. I think we are on dimensional. Boyd offers nothing in attack but that one play. He is never hunting through the middle or providing support with purpose and his Defence stinks. Without Jett this shows big time. He is our only point of difference that worries teams enough to make defensive errors. We need a fullback that provides a threat to open play up.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
I’d be happy to see Darius out of the side all together, I’m actually embarrassed to have him as captain and actively dislike the guy now. To the Boyd apologists, I don’t blame him for us being 1-3 but he is our captain and he’s a player of 28 origins, 23 tests and 2 premierships. He’s had the privilege of playing alongside and learning from some of the greatest players at club & origin level, his defeatist attitude and passive leadership doesn’t reflect the caliber of leadership he should be showing.

I wouldn’t bat an eye lid at Boyd being dropped, move Bird to FB with staggs coming in at centre. Knik to the bench and revert back to the way he was used in 2015 to spell McCullouch. I’m not the person to ask who of our ISC halves should come in but I’d like to start moving forward from the Knik/Milf pairing.

But I’m a fan, my career and families financial stability isn’t on the line so it’s easy for me to call for those pivotal changes. If I can channel my inner Seibold I’m still biting my nails wondering how much longer I can use the inheritance excuse to allow Boyd to continue taking the piss, Playing Knik in a position he is clearly unqualified for & McCullouch’s lack of accountability alongside his predictable, non threatening one dimensional play.

At the very least you would hope that some frank discussions are being had with certain players and they are being given the message that no one is now safe and it is perform or perish.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Milford to centres with his file stamped never to play in halves again.

Knick to half back for rest of season to see know he goes . He would need to be our game manager.. Bird a shot at 6 for a few games or some young gun at the club who I would not have seen

Start sniffing around for a top line 6 and7. for next yearE.g. Mitchell Pearce, Hodgekins, Maloney orr some stand out youngster

Try and get Jake Granville back..

Isako to get special one on one coaching from an old great like Hodges or Slater to get his confidence back and technique right.

Milf has been good considering the tripe that’s been around him.

The one game where our forwards set a solid platform for him he tore the opposition to shreds.

FaithinHook

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Jun 4, 2013
Look, I know I am going off early here and possibly shooting off at the mouth like a raving lunatic, but I am prepared to say that if Seibold does not deliver a significant shake-up of the team this week (dropping players/positional changes), we will be beaten by the Tigers, our season gone and we will miss the eight.

Professor Seibold might also be out of a job quicker than he can say, "see you at my next lecture boys"!

I can't believe I bought into his pre-season hype bullshit.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Look, I know I am going off early here and possibly shooting off at the mouth like a raving lunatic, but I am prepared to say that if Seibold does not deliver a significant shake-up of the team this week (dropping players/positional changes), we will be beaten by the Tigers, our season gone and we will miss the eight.

Professor Seibold might also be out of a job quicker than he can say, "see you at my next lecture boys"!

You are shooting off at the mouth like a raving lunatic. Talk about the season being gone at round 5 is ridiculous.

W

westy316

BRL Player
Apr 3, 2013
1- bird
2- Boyd/Isaako
3- Staggs
4- jimmy
5-Oates
6-Milf
7- Dearden
8- lodge
9- macca
10- Tpj
11- Fifita
12- Gillett (C)
13- Carrigan
14- kodi
15- hass
16- Flegler
17- offa/ Su’a/ Glenn / another foward

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
The defensive issues we are having are something i have no answer too, i mean yes alot of it is structural and lack of communication but the simple one on one missed tackles you would think just comes down to attitude and willing to win the battle.

Attack wise i feel we aren't playing to our strengths yet. The one time we looked dangerous against the roosters was when we offloaded the ball in the first 10 minutes of the second half. This team not just this year but last year looks its most dangerous when we offload and play on the back of retreating defence. The problem is we are turning over too much ball as it is which is why I'm guessing the coach has said put the offload away and concentrate on landing on your belly and getting a quick play the ball, something we aren't managing to do well.

If I'm the coach i tell the forwards to start looking for offloads and tell everyone else to expect offloads. Nothing worse then a late offload going to ground because everyone thinks the play is dead.

Obviously none of this matters if we continue our ill disciplined footy but i just feel we are a better side with less structure and more ad lib. If you're going to stick with kodi and milf in the halves at least play to their stregths and not to a game plan that suits cooper cronk, dce, adam regnolds ect...

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010

I would give him 4 more weeks before I would say we are done and dusted. Either way we are running out of time to get it right.

I am dissapointed with Seibold's team selections so far. He has literally just copy pasted Bennett's team from the last couple of years.

He may have implemented some better attacking structures but we have not had a chance to see them because our ball control and defence is just that bad!

My main concern is that we will now defeat a couple of the weaker teams over the next few weeks which will gloss over our deficiencies. At the same time pleasing the vast number of people who seem satisfied with the mediocrity we have been churning out for well over a decade now.

I was hoping Seibold would be a vessel for change.....not so far unfortunately.

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
I would give him 4 more weeks before I would say we are done and dusted. Either way we are running out of time to get it right.

I am dissapointed with Seibold's team selections so far. He has literally just copy pasted Bennett's team from the last couple of years.

He may have implemented some better attacking structures but we have not had a chance to see them because our ball control and defence is just that bad!

My main concern is that we will now defeat a couple of the weaker teams over the next few weeks which will gloss over our deficiencies. At the same time pleasing the vast number of people who seem satisfied with the mediocrity we have been churning out for well over a decade now.

I was hoping Seibold would be a vessel for change.....not so far unfortunately.

Agree with your post, I mean let’s be honest aside from Kahu and McGuire being shipped off to the cowboys to free up cap space to resign some players I don’t see what Seibold’s intentions are.

What true change can he initiate though?

Boyd is 32 years old with shot hamstrings. I think we’ve certainly seen the best of Boyd already, we got some of the best of his career in his first stint with us and again in the 2015/2016 seasons. We’re now in a rock and a hard place in the sense we’re paying him too much to not play him and hoping he’ll put in.

McCullouch doesn’t have the speed and initiative of cook, the control and management of Smith nor the creative ability of a Josh Hodgson. Macca just....tackles.

And to repeat what thousands have already said, Knik is not the conventional half we need, we cannot afford to have McCullouch, Milf & Knik in the same team

Win the forward battle all we want, stop dropping balls and maintain more possession and we will indeed see a positive change, however true premiership winning change will come when Seibold sits down and stakes his coaching future at the broncos by making a call on those 3.

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
I think we actually have some pretty good options in our playmaking positions. We either just have to move some of our experienced players around or give a young bloke a shot.

1. Jack Bird, Kodi Nikorima, Kotoni Staggs or even Milford. I would have had Isaako as my first option but his recent spate of dropped balls concerns me too much.

7. Sean O'Sullivan, Tom Dearden, I have only seen limited highlights of Cory Paix but he looked like a good footballer to me.

9. Nikorima, Jake Turpin, Kotoni Staggs, Cory Paix

PNG Broncos fan88

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018
Agree with your post, I mean let’s be honest aside from Kahu and McGuire being shipped off to the cowboys to free up cap space to resign some players I don’t see what Seibold’s intentions are.

What true change can he initiate though?

Boyd is 32 years old with shot hamstrings. I think we’ve certainly seen the best of Boyd already, we got some of the best of his career in his first stint with us and again in the 2015/2016 seasons. We’re now in a rock and a hard place in the sense we’re paying him too much to not play him and hoping he’ll put in.

McCullouch doesn’t have the speed and initiative of cook, the control and management of Smith nor the creative ability of a Josh Hodgson. Macca just....tackles.

And to repeat what thousands have already said, Knik is not the conventional half we need, we cannot afford to have McCullouch, Milf & Knik in the same team

Win the forward battle all we want, stop dropping balls and maintain more possession and we will indeed see a positive change, however true premiership winning change will come when Seibold sits down and stakes his coaching future at the broncos by making a call on those 3.

When McCullough was missing for 2 games at the back end of last year, Glenn/Turpin along with Milf and KNik tore teams apart securing 30+ points wins. KNik was the leading try scoring half few months before season end, then capped a brilliant display on the England tour. The Milf-KNik combo will work, we just need somebody other than McCullough at dummy half

J

JOHA

Apr 7, 2019
Problems I see with current team:
1/ Leadership group (including captain)
2/ On field direction from spine
3/ Defence weak spots
4/ Underdone players recovering from injury

What I would do:
1/ leadership group: We need a stronger leader who leads from the front and inspires the team. For whatever reason, Boyd isn’t that. I would promote Bird to co-Captain and play him at lock to get him closer to the action and give him more opportunities to inspire
2/ spine changes: Macca is not an 80mins player he is too buggered and is not effective in attack, as soon as Turpin is available I would rotate with Macca and play two hookers.
Boyd needs to stop playing in the line for defence and start directing the defence better. There is a lot of young forwards who need a second pair of eyes directing them around and he can’t do that as well in the line
Both Milford and Nikorima need to be way more vocal directing the team around the park. This is a must that they haven’t been able to do. I would remove Nikorima and replace with whoever is the best organising backup half we have
3/ defence weak spots: Milford needs to use his shoulder in attack or be dropped until he willing to do so.
Both Oates and Isaako need to get more comfortable catching cross field bombs.
Again Boyd stay out of the defensive line.
TPJ can be a huge hitter, but doesn’t need to pull off the tackle of the year on every play. He needs to number up and play his role
4/ Sua is underdone and needs to keep working on his fitness

Next weeks team
1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Jet
5. Isaako
6. Milf
7. Dearden or whoever can organise this team
8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Offa
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Bird (c)
14. Turpin
15. Flegler
16. Haas
17. Fifita

M

Maroon4life

QCup Player
May 28, 2016
When McCullough was missing for 2 games at the back end of last year, Glenn/Turpin along with Milf and KNik tore teams apart securing 30+ points wins. KNik was the leading try scoring half few months before season end, then capped a brilliant display on the England tour. The Milf-KNik combo will work, we just need somebody other than McCullough at dummy half

I don’t disagree with you, there is a definite chemistry balance with our 1,6,7 & 9. I don’t believe a trio of McCullouch, Knik and Milf will reap any great success.

Seibold came here knowing what we have and it’s his job as coach to find that winning balance with what we have playing in 1st grade and what’s available to us in the lower grades. Fan frustration is justified to an extent when we are just served the same polished shit as last year, once that polish wears off though, it’s still shit.

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Our guys know how to tackle? Explain how we are missing so many then. We aren't having to tackle more because of Macca apparently killing our attack. Thats an absolutely comical statement. We are having to tackle more because we aren't holding the ball, and we aren't completing our sets. Thats it in a nutshell. We don't have possession of the ball, we are going to tackle more.

This isnt me defending his general play either because like the majority of our team, its not good enough, but Boyd and Macca aren't our two glaring issues, they are just two of our issues right now.

Yep, our defence might not be working but it's not because our guys don't know how to make a tackle. We can be confident the men we have on the field have that skill. Why they're not using it is to effect is a whole other discussion. Maybe they're standing in the wrong place. Maybe they're buggered. Maybe they're not trying hard enough. Maybe the captain needs to bark at them. Maybe the coach's defensive plan is broken. The problem isn't glaringly the cattle themselves. We've seen every one of them shine in defence.

My point is the problem with the attack is glaringly one of the cattle. He doesn't have the skills. He literally doesn't know how to pass a football, yet he's doing it five times more than the halfback. He's worse than useless with the ball in hand.

**** that shit. Enough is enough. If Seibold doesn't have Macca at least on the bench - and even that's a half arsed measure - he's a useless dick of a coach, and we aren't going to make the eight. You can bank that.

As for all the tackling he does: funny how our defence actually tightened when he was out injured.

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

Not only that: we let fewer tries through. Go figure.

Last edited:
Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
If you're coach you have to deal with the contract situation. If you want to move on guys like Milford, McCullough and Nikorima you have to keep their contracts in mind. Below is what I found from Zero Tackle, so whether you trust them as a source, take the below contracts with a grain of salt. Both McCullough and Milford have two years after 2019 on their contracts who you will be paying a portion of their contracts unless you can find a club to pay their full amounts. Most of the current starting side is contracted for 2020 and they are the players that take up a big chunk of our salary cap, so you can't really bring in any superstars from other clubs, so will need to re-sign the fringe players and hope development players actually develop and if players who are off contract this year are either able to be retained or younger players can step up in their place. Now, if I was coach my priorities would be to re-sign Oates and Ofahengaue. I'd need to see more from Pangai Jnr if I'm to offer him a contract and I'm not overly fussed if Glenn makes way for one of the up-and-coming forwards.

2019 2020 2021 2022 2023

1. Boyd Boyd Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts Roberts Roberts
4. Bird Bird Bird
5. Isaako Isaako Isaako Isaako
6. Milford Milford Milford
7. Nikorima Nikorima
8. Lodge Lodge
9. McCullough McCullough McCullough
10. Ofahengaue
11. Glenn
12. Gillett Gillett Gillett Gillett
13. Pangai Jnr

14. Staggs Staggs
15. Su'a Su'a
16. Flegler
17. Fifita Fifita

18. Carrigan Carrigan Carrigan Carrigan
19. Dargan
20. Fai
21. Fenson
22. Haas Haas Haas Haas Haas
23. Kennar
24. Mago
25. O'Sullivan O'Sullivan
26. Perese
27. Shibasaki Shibasaki
28. Tagatese

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
If we are stuck with Macca then at the very least I want him to learn to spiral pass- something I have been competent at since I was a child.

I think he's beyond it at his age. What puzzles me is why his coaches haven't picked up on this by now. Makes me cringe every time he touches the ball. He's beyond useless.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • BroncoFan94
  • Waynesaurus
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • scobie
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • Maddy
  • Morkel
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.