If you were broncos coach

O

ostin86

NRL Player
Jun 15, 2010
If you're coach you have to deal with the contract situation. If you want to move on guys like Milford, McCullough and Nikorima you have to keep their contracts in mind. Below is what I found from Zero Tackle, so whether you trust them as a source, take the below contracts with a grain of salt. Both McCullough and Milford have two years after 2019 on their contracts who you will be paying a portion of their contracts unless you can find a club to pay their full amounts. Most of the current starting side is contracted for 2020 and they are the players that take up a big chunk of our salary cap, so you can't really bring in any superstars from other clubs, so will need to re-sign the fringe players and hope development players actually develop and if players who are off contract this year are either able to be retained or younger players can step up in their place. Now, if I was coach my priorities would be to re-sign Oates and Ofahengaue. I'd need to see more from Pangai Jnr if I'm to offer him a contract and I'm not overly fussed if Glenn makes way for one of the up-and-coming forwards.

2019 2020 2021 2022 2023

1. Boyd Boyd Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts Roberts Roberts
4. Bird Bird Bird
5. Isaako Isaako Isaako Isaako
6. Milford Milford Milford
7. Nikorima Nikorima
8. Lodge Lodge
9. McCullough McCullough McCullough
10. Ofahengaue
11. Glenn
12. Gillett Gillett Gillett Gillett
13. Pangai Jnr

14. Staggs Staggs
15. Su'a Su'a
16. Flegler
17. Fifita Fifita

18. Carrigan Carrigan Carrigan Carrigan
19. Dargan
20. Fai
21. Fenson
22. Haas Haas Haas Haas Haas
23. Kennar
24. Mago
25. O'Sullivan O'Sullivan
26. Perese
27. Shibasaki Shibasaki
28. Tagatese

So we have to wait until 2022 to be rid of Boyd and Macca. That is very disheartening. Macca will be 31 in what I hope will be his final season with us and Darius will be 34.......wow, he is already past it. Imagine what he will be like then.

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
So we have to wait until 2022 to be rid of Boyd and Macca. That is very disheartening. Macca will be 31 in what I hope will be his final season with us and Darius will be 34.......wow, he is already past it. Imagine what he will be like then.
Zimmer frame.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
If it were me, I’d end this Niko experiment after Week 6 if there aren’t drastic improvements and also move Boyd to the wing. Can’t recall a time since KHunt that I’ve felt safe when opposition breaks through the line, in all honesty.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If it were me, I’d end this Niko experiment after Week 6 if there aren’t drastic improvements and also move Boyd to the wing. Can’t recall a time since KHunt that I’ve felt safe when opposition breaks through the line, in all honesty.

You know, it's kinda funny because tackling was Hunt's biggest weakness area. He never, ever tackled around the legs either, he always seemed to go for a shoulder charge.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Yup but I guarantee he didn’t stand there throwing his arms in the air whilst the opposition ran past him!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Yup but I guarantee he didn’t stand there throwing his arms in the air whilst the opposition ran past him!

Yeah, definitely, it's just funny remembering how happy some members were when Corey Norman made his debut at fullback and did around the legs tackle back in 2009 (?).

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
Boyd probably, Macca not necessarily. A lot of players change clubs whilst still under contract nowadays but you have to drop them, bench them or otherwise demonstrate that they are out of favour before they lose most of their value.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Look, I know I am going off early here and possibly shooting off at the mouth like a raving lunatic, but I am prepared to say that if Seibold does not deliver a significant shake-up of the team this week (dropping players/positional changes), we will be beaten by the Tigers, our season gone and we will miss the eight.

Professor Seibold might also be out of a job quicker than he can say, "see you at my next lecture boys"!

I can't believe I bought into his pre-season hype bullshit.

Maybe the problem is some players aren’t buying into his philosophies or are too set in their stale ways to change.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Maybe the problem is some players aren’t buying into his philosophies or are too set in their stale ways to change.
A lot of them are not smart enough to understand his philosophies. They look blank when he explains things and their explanations of his coaching style is often vague and makes no sense.

PNG Broncos fan88

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018

Or maybe the squads collective IQ is way below the Souths players.

Or in other words, Broncs team is full of dumb ***** who cant make heads or tails of the coaches complicated play book.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I'm going to start panicking, flailing, throwing tantrums, and calling for the heads of players/coaches when we're hitting a completion rate of 75-80% and still not winning games.

Some of our experienced players have been playing poorly, making bad decisions, etc, but you can't do shit when you have have 18 errors, 41% possession, and complete at 62%. Change whatever players you want, give them the best game plan, it won't win you a single game with those stats.

When we improve, and we will, I'll be glad that I didn't use some piss-poor ball control to justify dumping on whatever players I have an agenda against.

If I were coach, I'd seriously consider dropping Isaako to Qld cup to get his confidence back. Oates probably deserves it too, but he has always come good, and we need his metres. Throw Shibasaki on the wing, or even to centre with Bird on the wing, tell the rest to emphasise ball control, building pressure, and playing simple.

Gaz

Gaz

NRL Captain
Contributor
Oct 7, 2017
I'm going to start panicking, flailing, throwing tantrums, and calling for the heads of players/coaches when we're hitting a completion rate of 75-80% and still not winning games.

Some of our experienced players have been playing poorly, making bad decisions, etc, but you can't do shit when you have have 18 errors, 41% possession, and complete at 62%. Change whatever players you want, give them the best game plan, it won't win you a single game with those stats.

When we improve, and we will, I'll be glad that I didn't use some piss-poor ball control to justify dumping on whatever players I have an agenda against.

If I were coach, I'd seriously consider dropping Isaako to Qld cup to get his confidence back. Oates probably deserves it too, but he has always come good, and we need his metres. Throw Shibasaki on the wing, or even to centre with Bird on the wing, tell the rest to emphasise ball control, building pressure, and playing simple.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...58394b9c4?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Is there a reason the Boyd stories havent been posted up on this page yet? We seem to post all the other stories from Fox Sports etc. But the 2 calling out boyd as being useless haven't been posted... wondering why?

lynx000

lynx000

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2008

Agree with you mate, it should be a back to basics week leading into Thursday. Strip everything back to the fundamentals.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Well, we've got steadily worse each game so hopefully, last week was rock bottom and we're on the climb.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Alec
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lostboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • Robboi_321
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Morkel
  • lynx000
  • peter09
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.