If you were coach...

I think Griffin has the ability to turn into a really great coach, but this season is make or break for him.

I agree with you Dee.

Now that he is actually getting some quality talent to work with, hopefully we'll see a change of fortune for Brisbane.

He only had three question marks for part 2, which was his downfall.

I think you'll find Henjak had four question marks, but could only deliver three. He couldn't work out how to be clueless enough for four question marks.

I agree with you Dee.

Now that he is actually getting some quality talent to work with, hopefully we'll see a change of fortune for Brisbane.

Absolutely! Really looking forward to the season ahead!

I wouldn't have hired a muppet like Kearney.

I would buy a book on coaching for dummies, read it then throw it at Kearney's head.

I would have put Hunt and halfback a few years ago and kept Hoffman at fullback.

I would have hired competent coaching staff.

I would do whatever I wanted because I am good mates with the CEO.

Wait..

I would have hired competent coaching staff.

That would go a fair way to addressing things, getting a new fitness trainer is great, but when your not addressing your defense or your attack it will mean little in the end. Getting in someone who can really get this side working strong in defense would win us more games then we would lose for a start.

That would go a fair way to addressing things, getting a new fitness trainer is great, but when your not addressing your defense or your attack it will mean little in the end. Getting in someone who can really get this side working strong in defense would win us more games then we would lose for a start.

although a lot of the points we did let in was at the back end of each half .. and that comes down to fitness

although a lot of the points we did let in was at the back end of each half .. and that comes down to fitness
True but if you look at the trial against the Warriors they had no problems ripping us to shreds from the get go, the defense problems still existed even if we do look fitter especially up the middle. Defense is more then just fitness, you need to refine players techniques and making your defensive line as efficient in where certain players are positioned, we have only gone backwards in the last two seasons and I can't see Kearney magically turning it around.

I would've done this if I was coach.

1. Rip up the contract of Maranta. He may be a good fullback, but we have plenty.
2. Hire an assistant that can come up with good gameplans. Henjak and Henry come to mind.
3. Hire a good defensive coach.
4. Hire a good halves coach to work with the halves and help their development.

I think if Griffin did that, we would be in a much better position. Griffin has the support of the players, which is crucial these days, however he can't come up with a good gameplan to save his own life. His style suits Union, but not League.

A better recruitment officer would be good also. I don't think Gee has the necessary skills to convince people to come to us.

Last edited:
I would dump Glenn to the bench, if not QLD Cup and tell him don't come back until he learns how to play good footy again.

I would tell Hoffman to either take the number 2 or take a fucking walk.

I would make Langer and Walters my assistant coaches.

I would beg Cyril to come out of retirement.

I would respectfully ask Bennett to be my mentor as Head of coaching.

I would give Nikorima a run in the 6 for the whole year.

I would tell Hunt that he has my support but if he doesn't blossom as a player, he will be replaced by Milford.

I would tell McG to lead from the front and inspire his fellow forwards to do their best.

I would tell Hannant to pull his head in or hang up the boots.

I would tell Stagg his services are no longer required.

I would tell Maranta to his face that he isn't first grade material and he needs to go back to square one.

I would tell Oates that he is the future of this club and he needs to keep on doing what he's doing.

I would tell Parker and Hodges that they have a chance as co captains to write their names in the Rugby League stars once and for all. They're already club legends, now become League legends. They just needed to prove they can LEAD and INSPIRE as well as play footy.

And finally, I would tell Barba to throw his Dally M out the window if necessary. Get his head screwed on straight and wow us like he did in 2012. No media. No NRL PR junk. No distractions. Just football and family.

Last edited:
I would dump Glenn to the bench, if not QLD Cup and tell him don't come back until he learns how to play good footy again.

I would tell Hoffman to either take the number 2 or take a fucking walk.

I would make Langer and Walters my assistant coaches.

I would beg Cyril to come out of retirement.

I would respectfully ask Bennett to be my mentor as Head of coaching.

I would give Nikorima a run in the 6 for the whole year.

I would tell Hunt that he has my support but if he doesn't blossom as a player, he will be replaced by Milford.

I would tell McG to lead from the front and inspire his fellow forwards to do their best.

I would tell Hannant to pull his head in or hang up the boots.

I would tell Stagg his services are no longer required.

I would tell Maranta to his face that he isn't first grade material and he needs to go back to square one.

I would tell Oates that he is the future of this club and he needs to keep on doing what he's doing.

I would tell Parker and Hodges that they have a chance as co captains to write their names in the Rugby League stars once and for all. They're already club legends, now become League legends. They just needed to prove they can LEAD and INSPIRE as well as play footy.

And finally, I would tell Barba to throw his Dally M out the window if necessary. Get his head screwed on straight and wow us like he did in 2012. No media. No NRL PR junk. No distractions. Just football and family.

You might find that difficult. He is dead. He died in 2009.

Pick the team that people on various rugby league forums had posted as their ideal.

Seriously, if he named Hoffman on the wing the bitching at this site would have been cut by 90%.

If I was coach I would sack myself for coming into a season with Ben Hunt the only recognised first grade experienced half.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Bish
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • westy316
  • kman
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Morkel
  • Wild Horse
  • Justwin
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.