International Cricket 2012/13

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Bugger.

I missed most of today's play so I can't be too critical but I don't know why Siddle didn't try for more yorkers. Really don't like it when we're in desperate need of wickets and we're looking to get a nick. You might as well had Warner bowling in place for Lyon at the end there, he was just rushing himself and bowling dross.

Still, you've got to be proud of that effort from Siddle regardless. He bowled himself to a stand-still to try and get us over the line. Can't fault the effort of our players and against the world's best that's all you can ask for...

except for a win in WA, you're certainly free to ask them of that!

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Hard to get players out when there're dead batting.

Who got MoM?

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Fair enough. We tried hard wish Lyon would have flighted it a bit more.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Fair enough. We tried hard wish Lyon would have flighted it a bit more.

Yeah agree with that. I think he needs to slow it up a bit and throw it above the batsmens eye line more. He bowled pretty well though. The pitch didn't break up and offer as much as spin as it normally would on day 5.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Siddle only battled because he's unfit. He seems like he has heart 'cos he's pushing through his aerobic threshold, but it's a bloody low threshold for an elite athlete. He's substandard fitness wise.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Siddle only battled because he's unfit. He seems like he has heart 'cos he's pushing through his aerobic threshold, but it's a bloody low threshold for an elite athlete. He's substandard fitness wise.

Wrong

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Siddle looks far from unfit. In fact I would suggest he is in the best shape of his career. He hasn't been injured so would have no reason to be unfit. He bowled 64 overs this test match. It was over 30 degrees today and it was humid.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Just because Siddle has lost weight doesn't mean he is fit. He hasn't had meat or alcohol for half a year, of course he's going to look slimmer...

I highly doubt his training had changed too much, his aerobic levels don't look any different to when he was overweight. His fitness is below standard for (dare I say it) even a Shield bowler.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Just because Siddle has lost weight doesn't mean he is fit. He hasn't had meat or alcohol for half a year, of course he's going to look slimmer...

I highly doubt his training had changed too much, his aerobic levels don't look any different to when he was overweight. His fitness is below standard for (dare I say it) even a Shield bowler.

That's simply no true. Any bowler would be as buggered as he was after that amount of bowling in those conditions.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
It's not Mumbai... It was a moderate Australian Summer's day (even though it is technically Spring). To put it into perspective, Hilfenhaus bowled more overs than him...

People identify with Siddle because he's a battler. He is not as gifted as many other bowlers out there and coupled with his below par fitness he makes bowling more difficult than what it is (not that it's easy). Someone's lion-hearted trier is another's below par, out of his depth performer.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Australia Third Test Squad

Michael Clarke (capt), Shane Watson (vice-capt), Ed Cowan, David Warner, Ricky Ponting, Mike Hussey, Matthew Wade, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, John Hastings, Josh Hazelwood, Mitchell Johnson.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
It's not Mumbai... It was a moderate Australian Summer's day (even though it is technically Spring). To put it into perspective, Hilfenhaus bowled more overs than him...

People identify with Siddle because he's a battler. He is not as gifted as many other bowlers out there and coupled with his below par fitness he makes bowling more difficult than what it is (not that it's easy). Someone's lion-hearted trier is another's below par, out of his depth performer.

Yeah hilfenhaus bowled 53 overs and siddle bowled 63 overs... 53 is more than 63 right?

Hilfy went through the motions and is only keeping his spot cos patto is out

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
At least Siddle looked like taking a wicket. Saffas must pick Tahir!!!!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Australia Third Test Squad

Michael Clarke (capt), Shane Watson (vice-capt), Ed Cowan, David Warner, Ricky Ponting, Mike Hussey, Matthew Wade, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, John Hastings, Josh Hazelwood, Mitchell Johnson.

Johnson's inclusion is a joke & while Hastings form is quite good I don't believe he's what we need.

Hazelwood is a good prospect but I'm mighty cautious about our next brigade of up and comers. Hazelwood's past is a bit checkered in that regard and I don't know if he's quite ready to make the step up.

I'd roll with Coxy's proposed side given the options.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Robboi_321
  • broncos4life
  • whykickamoocow
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • Rambstien
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • sooticus
  • DMZ
  • Wolfie
  • mrslong
  • Mister Wright
  • Painin the Haas
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.