International Cricket 2012/13

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Johnson should have no chance. WA just got bowled out for 67 by Tasmania, and in reply Tassie are 2/200 and Johnson hasn't taken a wicket.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Johnson should have no chance. WA just got bowled out for 67 by Tasmania, and in reply Tassie are 2/200 and Johnson hasn't taken a wicket.

To be fair to Johnson the game isn't at the WACA today so he never stood a chance.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
To be fair to Johnson the game isn't at the WACA today so he never stood a chance.

Sounds like that's being harsh to Johnson, but ok ;-)

I'd have Bird, Hazelwood or Cutting before him. But best case scenario is probably Watson being passed fit to bowl and so keep Lyon and just bring Starc in.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I want Cutting to get a game. He earned it but got robbed of his debut.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The tail wag and those early wickets were great to see from the Australians. Almost feel embarrassed for doubting them but past performances have been giving me nightmares! Hopefully we can make short work of them tomorrow and go 1-0 up.

I agree with Coxy, I'd like to see us give a bloke like Jackson Bird a shot. He's a proven performer in Shield who's been among the best bowlers at that level for years. It'd like to see the selectors reward form more rather than potential because at this stage I feel like we're picking players who aren't ready for the demands of Test cricket and as a result they're breaking down and it's affecting their careers and our chances.

Side I would like to see...

1. Ed Cowan
2. Dave Warner
3. Usman Khawaja
4. Shane Watson
5. Michael Clarke
6. Michael Hussey
7. Matthew Wade
8. Mitchell Starc
9. Peter Siddle
10. Ben Hilfenhaus
11. Jackson Bird

I'm sorry Punter but your time has come.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'd just keep Lyon in though. If Watson's right to bowl, then he's the 4th Seamer.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Fair point, I'm a bit cautious about Watson admittedly. Don't want to throw him right back into the swing of things.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Fair point, I'm a bit cautious about Watson admittedly. Don't want to throw him right back into the swing of things.

Well ya either throw Watson back into the deep end or you throw a rookie into the deep end...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
This isn't Pat Cummins we're talking about here, Bird has been on the scene for awhile and can physically handle the work-load on a pitch that suits his style. I don't think the selectors will go that direction mind you, but I'm a believer of horses for courses.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
This isn't Pat Cummins we're talking about here, Bird has been on the scene for awhile and can physically handle the work-load on a pitch that suits his style. I don't think the selectors will go that direction mind you, but I'm a believer of horses for courses.

Not saying he couldn't cut it, but whether he's 18 or 28, he's a rookie, in a Test that could give Australia the world number 1 ranking. It's a huge amount of pressure to put on him.

And that's exactly why they should NOT pick Johnson. Mental midget that guy.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I wouldn't say it's a lot of pressure because he's got 3 (4 if you include Watson) there to cover for him if it doesn't pan out. I think the Australians should care more about the Ashes than this result here and support their pace attack.

That's just my opinion.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Jackson Bird will most likely be another Trent Copeland. Great wicket taking ability but a bit slow to do real damage at test level. He will need juicy decks all the time.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
1. Ed Cowan
2. Dave Warner
3. Usman Khawaja
4. Michael Clarke
5. Shane Watson
6. Michael Hussey
7. Matthew Wade
8. Ben Cutting
9. Peter Siddle
10. Nathan Lyon (as long as Watson is fully bowling fit otherwise Ben Hilfenhaus)
11. Mitchell Starc

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Hughes isn't far off - he will be re-introduced via the ODI's. Not necessarily as an opener either.

Five is Clarkes possie, I'd be tempted to move the Huss back up to 4 and bring Watto in at 6. Take your pick for number 3...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hughes isn't far off - he will be re-introduced via the ODI's. Not necessarily as an opener either.

I'd be keen to see Hughes this summer in ODI cricket. He batted 3 in England for Worcteshire

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I hate this stone walling s*** that the saffas are doing. Just hit the bloody ball ya pansies. This is why some people hate test cricket

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I hate this stone walling s*** that the saffas are doing. Just hit the bloody ball ya pansies. This is why some people hate test cricket

I haven't seen an exhibit this blatant of it in ages either. Frankly I reckon in this sort of situation the 3 bouncer limit should be taken away. You don't want to play the ball? Fine. Cop it in your chest. Repeatedly.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Broncorob
  • Bish
  • Galah
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Bucking Beads
  • rnabokov
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncoFan94
  • Justwin
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.