International Cricket 2012/13

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I didn't mind the idea of using a stop-gap for this series. Khawaja & Hughes needed time to hone their craft in the domestic comp before being thrusted back into the lime-light. It just didn't work out with Quiney.

Hitman

Hitman

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
It'll be a fucking miracle if we win this but I want to see it. I just hope Punter makes 100 in his farewell innings.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I just want Australia to make them work for the win. I want us to be batting well into day 5. If we still lose by 200, so be it, but if we can make 400+ and not give away cheap wickets then I think Australia can walk away with their heads held high after this series.

If Australia capitulate today then it's a sign of how far off the pace they are.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Yar. Ponting paying $5.00 to make a century. Always back a champion (if only my centrebet account wasn't empty...)

When was the last time a team batted for 2 whole days to save an innings?

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
I don't think it's been done without rain helping

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
2nd ball of the day and IMO that's put any remote hopes of a miracle out of the equation. Best hope now is to last the day.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Don't really mind Warner. He's a rocks or diamonds type of player but his ability to take a game away makes him a must have in the team IMO.

Think the real test here is for Watson. 18 test 50's and 2 centuries, which is less than Warner's 3 despite having played 3x as many tests, most as an opener. He needs to prove he can make the mental jump. Perfect scenario for him to do that IMO.

Last edited:
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Don't really mind Warner. He's a rocks or diamonds type of player but his ability to take a game away makes him a must have in the team IMO.

Think the real test here is for Watson. 18 test 50's and 2 centuries, which is less than Warner's 3 despite having played 3x as many tests, most as an opener. He needs to prove he can make the mental jump. Perfect scenario for him to do that IMO.

Agree completely. Watson has potential to be the best all rounder Australia has produced probably since Keith Miller, but he's lacking that ability to really go on with an innings (and then of course there's his physical frailty).

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Terrible again from Warner.

Terrible?? Excellent delivery to get 2nd ball of the day. You make it sound like he was swinging at a wide one.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Agree completely. Watson has potential to be the best all rounder Australia has produced probably since Keith Miller, but he's lacking that ability to really go on with an innings (and then of course there's his physical frailty).

He has the talent but his body lets him down and he doesn't have the mentality to make big scores.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Terrible?? Excellent delivery to get 2nd ball of the day. You make it sound like he was swinging at a wide one.

It wasn't as bad as his first innings which was inexcusable but still very ordinary from him.

Hitman

Hitman

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
There won't be a miracle and you can forget the draw now. This test is about Ricky going out with a century.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I just don't want us to collapse.

Hitman

Hitman

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
That was a nice gesture from the Saffas when Ricky came out. He deserved that, great moment.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
That was terrible from Warner... not only did he play the wrong line but he was utterly off-balance and got himself in a real tangle.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
And there goes Punter.

Unless we get another superstar performance from Clarke it'll be all over by tonight.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • broncotville
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • thenry
  • Strop
  • Totally Unr3al
  • winslow_wong
  • Waynesaurus
  • Lostboy
  • broncos4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manofoneway
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.