International Cricket 2012/13

Their backs must be stuffed from carrying the team

Now that was terrible from Clarke.

That was terrible from Warner... not only did he play the wrong line but he was utterly off-balance and got himself in a real tangle.

jury is out on him big time ... to me, he's still a short form of the game circus freak trying to make good. He's a ticking time bomb at the crease and its very much a case of crash or crash through. I don't think good test attacks would devote too much time scouting him in their team meetings.

this is just putrid, dismal and weak from Australia ... playing like they have tee times or a trip to Rottnest Island booked for tomorrow because they're not interested in putting a price on their wickets today.

this really is a throwback to the dark days of the 80s .. lets just hope we another AB is on the horizon who can drag the next generation of test players with him towards the top of the pile, because this lot just don't have it. It's as simple as that.

Here comes the dribble.

Lets not forget this team is number 1 in the world and we are number 3. Lets also not forget we were in the dominant position at the Gabba and Adelaide. I'd say we could have won in Adelaide if Pattinson wasn't injured. They've had a shocker this test with a 2nd string bowling attack and 2 batsmen short because we picked Watson and Ponting.

They have bowled much better lines and length than the rubbish we threw at them

Here comes the dribble.

Lets not forget this team is number 1 in the world and we are number 3. Lets also not forget we were in the dominant position at the Gabba and Adelaide. I'd say we could have won in Adelaide if Pattinson wasn't injured. They've had a shocker this test with a 2nd string bowling attack and 2 batsmen short because we picked Watson and Ponting.

well sure, if we're content to be number 3 or 4 in the world then a 0-1 series loss to South Africa is acceptable.

But there are holes and question marks littered throughout Australian cricket at the moment and the really concerning thing is there aren't many answers emerging on the horizon. No batsman in this country at the moment besides Michael Clarke and Michael Hussey is a consistent world class test match performer. None of them can survive at the crease for long enough consistently enough to help Australia put consistent scores on the board. there's too much reliance on too few. It was proven in the last Ashes series out here and it's been proven again this summer.

Why are our bowlers breaking like china ? Why do most of our fast bowlers lack both the dicipline and the skill of the guys running around for England and South Africa ?

Last edited:
Long term half the team is in good shape. Pattinson and Cummins when they get fit will be there for many years and the supporting cast of quicks honestly isn't too bad. It's the lack of a genuine spinner (Lyon is just a best of the rest stop gap in all honesty) and a sound batting line up that's the problem though. We'll never go back to the day of Hayden, Langer, Ponting, Martin, Waugh, Gilchrist, Warne, McGrath and Gillespie, but I think we've done fairly well. Frustrating at times for sure, but much better than I was expecting.

well sure, if we're content to be number 3 or 4 in the world then a 0-1 series loss to South Africa is acceptable.

But there are holes and question marks littered throughout Australian cricket at the moment and the really concerning thing is there aren't many answers emerging on the horizon. No batsman in this country at the moment besides Michael Clarke and Michael Hussey is a consistent world class test match performer. None of them can survive at the crease for long enough consistently enough to help Australia put consistent scores on the board. there's too much reliance on too few. It was proven in the last Ashes series out here and it's been proven again this summer.

Why are our bowlers breaking like china ? Why do most of our fast bowlers lack both the dicipline and the skill of the guys running around for England and South Africa ?

We aren't going to pull world class players out of the shield. It takes times for them to develop into quality test players. Cown and Warner are still early on in their test careers. We need a number 3 to replace Punter and we need to shift Watson down the order or out of the team. Our bowlers are either young and not up to test cricket yet or just shit like Hilfy and Siddle. We had such a long run as number 1 test playing nation it was always going to take time to rebuild. We just don't have the talent at the moment.

A part of me thinks Watson should drop to #6 but another part of me actually thinks he should open. Sure he has problems converting 50's but at least he generally does a good job in seeing off the new ball. Personally I think that Cowan isn't the real deal and wouldn't be at all upset if he were dropped but that's probably quite unlikely. From memory Watson had a good time in shield at #4 and I think that's probably the best mid term option. For the next series I'll be hoping to see this:

Warner
Hughes (Will be Cowan)
Khawaja
Watson
Clarke
Hussey
Wade
--Bowlers: honestly don't really care which ones, though preferably not Hilfenhaus--

I think Khawaja would make a good #3. Warner should be there but is still very hit and miss, Khawaja values his wicket deeply so if Warner does fall early it should hopefully stop the top order quick collapses. Cowan is in a similar mould and can do a decent enough job, but I think he's Watson-lite in the batting stakes.

No batsman in this country at the moment besides Michael Clarke and Michael Hussey is a consistent world class test match performer.

Agreed, and i think their individual performances in this series have allowed everyone to gloss over just how poorly australia performed as a team. Take Hussey and especially Clarke's runs out of the team, and australia get flogged 3-0 imo.

CA Chairman's XI Marcus Harris, Scott Henry, Usman Khawaja (capt), Alex Doolan, Travis Head, Glenn Maxwell, Sam Whiteman (wk), Luke Butterworth, Chadd Sayers, Matthew Gale, Ashton Turner, Dean Solway

Looks increasingly likely that Rob Quiney will replace Ponting in the test side. Punter and Warne have both come out endorsing him.

What does that say to Uzzie and Hughes? FMD they have done what has been asked of them

What does that say to Uzzie and Hughes? FMD they have done what has been asked of them

I don't know. We need to pick on talent at the moment. Picking 30 year old players who are shit is not going to work.

Looks increasingly likely that Rob Quiney will replace Ponting in the test side. Punter and Warne have both come out endorsing him.

Good lord :(

Hopefully their endorsements are a case of 'the coach has the full support of the board", otherwise we better get used to losing...

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Tim K
  • FACTHUNT
  • heartly87
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncoscope
  • Alec
  • Gaz
  • Smokin' Joe
  • john1420
  • Old Mate
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  • Reds2011
  • K-Style
  • RolledOates
  • Robboi_321
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.