At stumps 2/33

Ed Cowan - c J.Kallis b D.Steyn - 0
Shane Watson - lbw V.Philander - 10

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Good first day.

Bowlers nearly won us the game in that first innings until Faf entered the fray. He could turn out like another Duminy but gee I respect what he's been able to do these past 3 innings. Regardless, 225 is still a good result from our bowlers and gives us every opportunity with the bat.

Won't be easy if that final session is anything to go by. We need to weather the storm and as Wally would say dictate terms. Hope Punter is up for one big final hurrah.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Gee Starc was terrific this morning. Got a lot of batting to do tommorow.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Gee Starc was terrific this morning. Got a lot of batting to do tommorow.

Starc bowls a lot of rubbish but bowls some absolute rippers as well.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Well my reverse mock is still strong lol, I'd bagged the shit out of Johnston to my Missus and he bowls one of the best spells I've seen

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Aussies in all sorts now. They were 6/45 at one stage. Now 7/118 with Wade on 60

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Only trail by 60 odd, I'll take that after the start we had.

No where near No1 test team

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We aren't worthy of being ranked as number 1 test side yet. I will be stunned if we pull a miracle win in this match now. Would love for it to happen.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
They'll make us chase at least 400 and we'll be lucky to score half that.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
We will have to bat for 2 or more days, pitch flattening with the help of crap bowling. What's doing with the field settings?!

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We will have to bat for 2 or more days, pitch flattening with the help of crap bowling. What's doing with the field settings?!

It's retreat mode. What do you do when your bowlers are getting carted.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
The amount of rubbish balls from all bowlers us ridiculous

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
South Africa won't be worried about winning this game. Unless Australia take 8/10 in the first session this morning South Africa can't lose. They'll push the lead to over 550 and put Australia in sometime around lunch tomorrow. I doubt Australia have the batsmen with the mindset to do what South Africa did last day in Adelaide. This could get very ugly!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Got to hand it to the Proteas, for the first time this series their bowlers rocked up and imposed themselves as the world #1s.

Despite the disappointment, I still think there is a lot to take out of this series for the Australians. We competed with the best and were (IMO) the better team for the majority of the series. There is no shame losing to them when we're fielding a second string bowling attack.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Got to hand it to the Proteas, for the first time this series their bowlers rocked up and imposed themselves as the world #1s.

Despite the disappointment, I still think there is a lot to take out of this series for the Australians. We competed with the best and were (IMO) the better team for the majority of the series. There is no shame losing to them when we're fielding a second string bowling attack.

Agree 100%. The only shame will be if we don't show some backbone over the next few days IMO. Don't think we can win from here but I want to see us make the Saffas earn the win.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
Agreed. Given the state of our team I think we have performed very well. Frankly the only real disappointment has been the fact that Rob Quiney was given two tests. Which, to be fair, was monumentally stupid.

Unread

Active Now

• Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • mitch222
  • RodF
  • KickHaas
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Organix
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Midean
  • Battler
  • Bronx48
  • Griffo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Dash
... and 57 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.