International Cricket 2012/13

Watson should have come home with Johnson to freshen up a bit before November 21.

So who takes his place then if he is out ?

Khawaja or Warner ?

Watson should have come home with Johnson to freshen up a bit before November 21.

So who takes his place then if he is out ?

Khawaja or Warner ?

I'd say Warner is already opening with Rogers. Khawaja a chance but I doubt he gets a go. Probably Doolan at 3 I think.

If Watson is out, watch for Cam White to be picked. Yep.

This one day series was not taken seriously by AUS. But it has brought a couple of player forward . Bailey and Faulkner show great resolve under pressure. Fantastic for the summer ahead. Could be the making of both those guys.

We're in massive trouble as far as this Ashes series goes.. Three frontline bowlers are injured, Clarke's a day to day proposition with his back and Watson is now down...

We're in massive trouble as far as this Ashes series goes.. Three frontline bowlers are injured, Clarke's a day to day proposition with his back and Watson is now down...

And all the mail suggests they want to shorten our batting lineup by picking Faulkner as an all rounder which would mean Brad Haddin at 6.

Faulkner HAS to be picked and since the idiot selectors love MJ, that is the only way to get him in there. Given Wade is useless with the gloves and Haddin is always hit and miss, would it be worthwhile doing a selection shock and going with Handscomb even though it's a season or two too early?

WTF wouldn't they pick Chris Hartley? Best keeper in Australia by a mile, and a bloke who doesn't give his wicket away. It astounds me he is NEVER mentioned in selection discussions while fucking nuffies like Wade, Paine and now Handscomb and even Peter fucking Nevill get mentioned ahead of him! Gahhhh!

Faulkner has to be picked?? Why?

WTF wouldn't they pick Chris Hartley? Best keeper in Australia by a mile, and a bloke who doesn't give his wicket away. It astounds me he is NEVER mentioned in selection discussions while ****ing nuffies like Wade, Paine and now Handscomb and even Peter ****ing Nevill get mentioned ahead of him! Gahhhh!

I'm in the Hartley fan club as well.

He should have been the next keeper to take the step up to national duties .... ahead of Wade.

Maybe if he moved to NSW he might be a chance :tape:

I'm amazed that these days if you have a few tonks in ODI, suddenly you're in contention for the Test team. Bizarre.

Are you talking about Faulkner? Did you not see his test debut? The guy averages 22 with the ball in FC cricket over three or four seasons, that is not three good innings in a row like Johnson does in ODIs and is suddenly straight back in.

I've watched Faulkner bowl plenty. I don't care for his stats which have been made to look good by the extremely bowler friendly wickets over the last 5 years.

Aside from uncontrolled pace, explain what Johnson offers more?

Aside from uncontrolled pace, explain what Johnson offers more?

On his day, he's a fairly intimidating bowler !

Trouble is, he's hardly 'on his day' very often :rolleyes:

Exactly. Even in India, he hasn't bowled anywhere near as well as CA would have you believe. We've already got Harris and Siddle on his day who can do what Johnno does but a lot better. Faulkner is the perfect foil.

Didn't know James Faulkners mum was a Broncos fan.

Do tell us how well Faulkner bowled on the Indian tour??

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Astro
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.