International Cricket 2012/13

He must have his name pencilled in. He gives us a four which allows Clarke to revert to five and Smith six. Just seems better balanced that way.

It takes a special nerve to do what Faulkner did last night. Although I'm not sure how he would fit into the test lineup, we need that sort of confidence. Also surprised to see he is just 23. Seems to have been around forever. Will be a special player.

Faulkner has that mongrel about him also, something i like to see in a fast bowler.

He's handy with the bat too which would come in very handy with our current batting lineup :redface:

Bailey would be my pick to come into the top order too .... he's been pretty solid lately.

Faulkner has that mongrel about him also, something i like to see in a fast bowler.

He's handy with the bat too which would come in very handy with our current batting lineup :redface:

Bailey would be my pick to come into the top order too .... he's been pretty solid lately.
Finally some batsmen putting themselves forward. Bailey Huges ( again) finch and a a couple of the shield boys.
if faulks had a few more Ks he would be an instant pick. I think he will prove to be more than a handy bat. Maybe a batting all rounder.

Faulkner is a future captain. I know Johnson took four wickets but it was all short stuff. I'd happily go Faulkner test 1 because he offers so much all round and keeps producing.

Faulkner is a future captain. I know Johnson took four wickets but it was all short stuff. I'd happily go Faulkner test 1 because he offers so much all round and keeps producing.
The only problem I see at test level is that it's not as easy for him when the batsmen can sit on him all day and don't have to score. I'm sure he'll develop some bowling to test the better test batsmen. But if attitude and aggression were the criteria he'd be first picked. He has great variety but he needs that Fleming swing at his pace. He does remind me a little of the bowlologist.

Faulkner had an outstanding test debut. His FC bowling record is outstanding. He is more than good enough.

Faulkner had an outstanding test debut. His FC bowling record is outstanding. He is more than good enough.
If he is picked I would not be disappointed . I've had another look at his debut, and you're right he was awesome. He could be the sort of player Boof likes , you know a bit old school, Johnson will be tempting the selectors with real pace ATM but we've all been let down in the past. You might be talking me around Sproj.

Yeah Johnno is bowling bouncers well but we've seen in the past, that and bowling fast is not enough at test level. Faulkner offed so much more with bat and ball.

Would you say siddle and Harris are walk up starts? If so it will be between JF and MJ. Or do you leave Lyon out and rely on smith for the spin bowling. Given the way Johnson has been bowling in India it really shows how Mickey Arthur was not across it . Johnson didn't get a bowl in a 4 nil whitewash.

I think 1-5 in the batting, 7-Haddin and 9-11 including Lyon are set. Lyon is a much improved bowler since the fourth Indian test. I think the 8 is the only real question as Bailey will be the sixth bat.

I think the selectors will want a lefty and given Starc is unavailable, that really leaves Faulkner, Johnno, Sayers and Bollinger. Given the importance of an 8 who can hold the bat, that means it leaves Faulkner and Johnno. Given those choices, I reply want it to be Faulkner.

I still don't rate Siddle. Heart of a lion, no doubt, but just not enough variety to cause problems for the batsmen.

I still don't rate Siddle. Heart of a lion, no doubt, but just not enough variety to cause problems for the batsmen.

I rate him highly.

He can bowl for long periods, and he also has a knack for getting a wicket at just the right time.

If he gets his length right... he normally bowls good lines and only needs minimal movement off the wicket to be a real handful for a batsman.

He'd be my second bowler picked behind Harris.

Agreed. Siddle's record is better than Lee and most people would love to have Lee running around. Siddle is actually a world class test bowler. He's not a great but he's much better than good.

ICC rankings have at 6th below Harris, but above Anderson, Broard and Finn.

I don't rate Faulkner as a good enough bowler to be picked in the test team purely as a bowler. I'd like to see him improve his batting and be a genuine all rounder who can bat at 7. Siddle is a decent bowling when pitching it up. He gives his all but is clearly the definition of dumb fast bowler. We've gotta pick Johnson if he is in form especially with McDermott helping him with his action. Johnson was ruined because he was never the type to be a leader of the attack.

George Bailey at a again. Closing in on 150. Man I hope this form continues for the ashes .

He has to be in the Team for the first Ashes test now surely ??

Active Now

• john1420
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • davidp
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Mister Wright
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  • Culhwch
  • Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Notorious
  • Xzei
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.