International Cricket 2012/13

Tendulkar has announced that his 200th test next month will be his last. Congrats on a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong career!!!

Aussies backing up their good win the other day in the ODI against India with another strong start in game 2.

Finch run out after getting away to a good start though which is a shame.

Watson needs a big score for us to have a chance though.

Aussies backing up their good win the other day in the ODI against India with another strong start in game 2.

Finch run out after getting away to a good start though which is a shame.

Watson needs a big score for us to have a chance though.
Ravi ashwin . Bowler or sword fighter

This is quite a well balanced Aussie side. Except for the second spinner option. Johnson back in form and some epic lower order hitting. I'm starting to feel a little more confident about the ashes. If a little luck goes our way. We have young fast bowlers knocking down the door , even with the injuries we still have hazelwood and cutting looking good. Hugh's has obviously done some work with the spinners. Maybe George bailey for the middle order with the form he's showing.

Last edited:
Given Starc is out, do you go with Johnson or Faulkner as the lefty? I'd go with Faulkner.

Johnson all day.
Johnson, the way he's going at the moment. Poms could not handle him in the one dayers. I love Faulkner for his variety and his eye pokes but he needs to develop for the longer form of the game unless the pitch absolutely suited him.

Please see earlier post re: Bailey. He's playing himself into an ashes birth, or is that berth?

Its berth and I agree. Normally I think using ODI a a guide to tests is terrible but the way he is going and given the way everyone else isn't, he MUST be selected. Plus he gives us a VC and experience.

350 coming up.

Yes as soon as I saw berth I new it was right. It's not like bailey is a flash in the pan run of form . He's a hardened first class cricketer. With spades of captaincy experience . So what's Your 11 for the first test [MENTION=8423]Sproj[/MENTION] ?

Most won't agree with this I know but here is it is:

1. Cosgrove (I'm a massive fan of Warner but he needs to be dropped for an extended period to make him appreciate his spot)
2. Rogers
3. Watson
4. Bailey
5. Clarke
6. Smith
7. Haddin
8. Faulkner
9. Siddle
10. Harris
11. Lyon

How bout you [MENTION=8377]Socnorb[/MENTION]?

1. Hughes
2. Watson
3. Rodgers
4. Clark
5. Bailey
6. Smith
7. Haddin
8. Johnson
9. Harris
10. Siddle
11. Lyon
12. Hazelwood

Nice team. I think Hughes will get a shot probably in place of Warner and the guy is class, he just needs to be shown faith and not dropped or played in every position every second test.

Johnson and Hughes would have to continue thief good form.
cosgrove eh. That is out of the box. I agree Warner need to earn his stop through sheer weight of runs.

Nice team. I think Hughes will get a shot probably in place of Warner and the guy is class, he just needs to be shown faith and not dropped or played in every position every second test.
Yeah agreed . Look at his numbers last time he was dropped . He went back SS and scored heavily. His record there is undeniable. It's a strong competition, so it a matter of time for him. I like what I'm seeing re the spinners from him.

Most won't agree with this I know but here is it is:

1. Cosgrove (I'm a massive fan of Warner but he needs to be dropped for an extended period to make him appreciate his spot)
2. Rogers
3. Watson
4. Bailey
5. Clarke
6. Smith
7. Haddin
8. Faulkner
9. Siddle
10. Harris
11. Lyon

How bout you @Socnorb?

agree wholeheartedly that warner deserves the ass, but not for the fattest professional cricketer of all time ...

Active Now

• Dony Eliakim
  • Old Mate
  • Dee
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Maroon4life
  • Fozz
  • Rambstien
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • azza.79
  • ChewThePhatt
  • kiwibronco
  • Ondi
  • Wolfie
  • mieko
  • GCBRONCO
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.