International Cricket 2012/13

I've been one of Mitchell Johnson's staunchest critics since forever but if this poltergeist that's taken possession of his body and enabled him to bowl at 150+ km/hr with control hangs about, he's a must for the GABBA and the WACCA - regardless of who is fit and who isn't

We need Cosgrove. Not because he is a saviour but because he is fat!! Every successful Aussie cricket team of the last thirty years has had a fat man whether it be Merv, Boony, Warney, Tubby or Boof.

We have too many metros now.

Wow. Australia's real weakness is its bowling. Real lack of ability to apply pressure.

I've been one of Mitchell Johnson's staunchest critics since forever but if this poltergeist that's taken possession of his body and enabled him to bowl at 150+ km/hr with control hangs about, he's a must for the GABBA and the WACCA - regardless of who is fit and who isn't

With McDermott back as bowling coach keeping his action right I think he will be picked

With McDermott back as bowling coach keeping his action right I think he will be picked

Is McDermott back as bowling coach ??

His 'pitch it full' mantra was really starting to make inroads with our block-head quicks (Harris aside) ... Terrific news if he's back as bowling coach ..

Is McDermott back as bowling coach ??

His 'pitch it full' mantra was really starting to make inroads with our block-head quicks (Harris aside) ... Terrific news if he's back as bowling coach ..

Yep he is back. He is bowling coach for the test team only. Ali de Winter will handle the shorter forms of the game

Yep he is back. He is bowling coach for the test team only. Ali de Winter will handle the shorter forms of the game

And it's our Test bowling that needs the most work IMO. We've got guys that can get some movement if they pitch it up, but are too often intent on digging it into the pitch short of a length. Siddle in particular is a serial offender of just running in and bowling orthodox crap short of a length. Sure, he might tie an end down sometimes, but he won't worry the batsman.

Compare it with McGrath who would also bowl a consistent line and typically just short of a length, but he had enough subtle variation and picked the right time to throw one up fuller - where he'd get even more movement - and draw the edge.

Our bowlers don't seem to think.

Johnson seems to have turned some poor form around and is bowling quite well ATM.

McDermott will certainly help them find the right length to bowl as he was a master of that.

Our bowlers are adequate but the batsmen?! Shutdown clarke and no one else steps up

McDermott is definitely back?? I remember being rope able when it was announced they declined his offer. Can someone post a link to verify his return??

when it comes to our limited overs teams, who really cares? The test team is the only thing we really care about. Bailey must be picked, even if he just plays like odi, he'll do better than our other plodders anyway.

He is back. Only said it twice already

McDermott is definitely back?? I remember being rope able when it was announced they declined his offer. Can someone post a link to verify his return??

when it comes to our limited overs teams, who really cares? The test team is the only thing we really care about. Bailey must be picked, even if he just plays like odi, he'll do better than our other plodders anyway.

Craig McDermott appointed Australia's bowling coach for Tests

http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket...ted-overs-mentor/story-fn2mcu3x-1226741473378

George Bailey is David Hussey 2.0

He may just be a real chance for the first test if he keeps up his good form with the bat.

Don't they play a few Shield games back home before the test series starts ?

He's really in the selectors eye by all accounts.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncosAlways
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • Evander
  • KateBroncos1812
  • johnny plath
  • The True King
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.