And sorry Russo but LOL at Tottenham [icon_razz1

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Looks like he's at 'fest all year around. [icon_wink

BRFC said:
Kingdom For A Heart said:
Which is a football team, that in your opinion, is so stacked full of talent, that versing them at club level would be exceptionally intimidating.

To go against the cliche EPL model, one such example that springs to mind in my opinion would be Bayern Munich. Schweinsteiger in the midfield leading into Klose and Podolski in the area would be almost bordering on unfair. icon_smile

Let's not limit this to any particular national league or its "lower" leagues hey chaps.

Hmmm at the moment I would be more intimidated by Hull than Bayern. They are utter rubbish. I don't think they are even in the top half of the Bundesliga.

Very true, but if they get it right, one must watch themselves very carefully. Whilst we're on Bayern, is Miroslav a myth, just a lucky chap with a very efficient record, or is he actually well drilled?

He's a player who uses his head when he plays in my opinion. [icon_wink

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Miroslav Klose is a very good striker. Very efficient and has an excellent eye for goal. Personally the best football I have seen him play is when he is playing for Germany.

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
That's a good point Scotty. He'd be the first player i'd pick in that team. He just brings it to another level so consistently when he's playing for the krauts. I don't know whether it's just pin-point planning pre-match or just true professionalism shining through. He might not always be at his best in the Bundesliga (as many have stated), but he really turns it on in international fixtures. I've lost count of how many Golden Boot dust-collectors he's won at various tournaments.

Can anyone else think of a player like this, who seems to be going off the radar in the club season, yet once representing their homeland, is just so reliable and strong?

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nobody really springs to mind, but I can name you a few players who are great for their club and shite for their country.

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Anyone representing your homeland Scotty, at national level. [icon_wink

The statistics stand for themselves. Sorry to say.

Do carry on with your list if you like though. icon_smile

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Gerrard for example, seldom plays to his potential in an England strip. Same with Lampard really. Viduka has never really been too great for Australia either.

R

robbie mustoe

QCup Player
Mar 24, 2008
Scotty said:
Gerrard for example, seldom plays to his potential in an England strip. Same with Lampard really. Viduka has constantly been puss for Australia.

Fixed it for you.

B

BRFC

Apr 27, 2008
That's a good point Scotty. He'd be the first player i'd pick in that team. He just brings it to another level so consistently when he's playing for the krauts. I don't know whether it's just pin-point planning pre-match or just true professionalism shining through. He might not always be at his best in the Bundesliga (as many have stated), but he really turns it on in international fixtures. I've lost count of how many Golden Boot dust-collectors he's won at various tournaments.

Can anyone else think of a player like this, who seems to be going off the radar in the club season, yet once representing their homeland, is just so reliable and strong?

Milan Baros

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

winner!!!!!!!!!!!!

and kan, sorry bro but football is soccer. in this country, in every country. Its official name is football.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
wtf, a blackburn fan is in this thread. i never knew they existed. i mean u see them in the terraces, on tv. but how many people have u seen in the streets wearing a blackburn jersey, or even when discussing football, someone says, "i support blackburn". well i gotta say, good onya man. blackburn are the only bearable team in the premier league.

Kan Huang

Kan Huang

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
pennywisealfie said:

winner!!!!!!!!!!!!

and kan, sorry bro but football is soccer. in this country, in every country. Its official name is football.

Mate if you're going to bring technicalities into this then I'm not even gonna bother arguing. Regardless of what you call it, people will still call Rugby League or Aussie Rules football - football in this country.

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

England haven't been doing too bad as of late, still not up to scratch though, and Rooney is finally starting to play well in an England kit. I take it you're just another England basher though so I should just leave it.

B

BRFC

Apr 27, 2008
pennywisealfie said:
wtf, a blackburn fan is in this thread. i never knew they existed. i mean u see them in the terraces, on tv. but how many people have u seen in the streets wearing a blackburn jersey, or even when discussing football, someone says, "i support blackburn". well i gotta say, good onya man. blackburn are the only bearable team in the premier league.

You must have good eyesight there aren't many on the terraces. Its true I have never met another Blackburn fan although I did once see someone with a Blackburn jersey.

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Scotty said:

England haven't been doing too bad as of late, still not up to scratch though, and Rooney is finally starting to play well in an England kit. I take it you're just another England basher though so I should just leave it.

I'm not necessarily an "England basher", I'm just being observational and realistic. There are many examples, however, if I'm to be cliche and simplistic, one only has to look at the last two World Cups. Everyone expects you to do better Scotty, simply put.

Where would such a thread be without.....

3-1 at Upton Park!!!

Don't take it too seriously buddy. icon_smile

Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
lol Australia beat England 3-1 in a friendly and they've apparently been world beaters ever since [icon_lol1. [icon_wink

And it's moreso the media that built up the expectation for England to win. Some people people ignorantly believe it was a certainty, but most football fans, and especially English fans (we're a pessimistic bunch you know) knew we were probably not gonna get too far. I admit I was naive and thought we had a chance, but I was a tad less knowledgeable on the game then. We still sing for our country though, and do it with pride.
Even now England have a decent manager and are performing reasonably (I'll be able to make a bit more of a judgment once they play Spain), I think the best we can hope for at the next world cup is the semis...and that is a huge ask. In 06 Eriksson got the squad and the tactics wrong, and in 02 we weren't too bad but just didn't have the class. Which will be our downfall in future cups as well IMO.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
BRFC said:
pennywisealfie said:

You must have good eyesight there aren't many on the terraces. Its true I have never met another Blackburn fan although I did once see someone with a Blackburn jersey.

yeah man! like i talked to my aunty on the phone, who lives in england. and she asked me who i go for in football, and i said barca and then she goes, no i mean in premier league and i said well i dont really watch it but i guess blackburn and she goes BLACKBURN??? noone goes for blackburn.

S

Scumbag

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Scotty said:
lol Australia beat England 3-1 in a friendly and they've apparently been world beaters ever since [icon_lol1. [icon_wink

And it's moreso the media that built up the expectation for England to win. Some people people ignorantly believe it was a certainty, but most football fans, and especially English fans (we're a pessimistic bunch you know) knew we were probably not gonna get too far. I admit I was naive and thought we had a chance, but I was a tad less knowledgeable on the game then. We still sing for our country though, and do it with pride.
Even now England have a decent manager and are performing reasonably (I'll be able to make a bit more of a judgment once they play Spain), I think the best we can hope for at the next world cup is the semis...and that is a huge ask. In 06 Eriksson got the squad and the tactics wrong, and in 02 we weren't too bad but just didn't have the class. Which will be our downfall in future cups as well IMO.

*Scratches head*

Seriously, that was exceptionally pessimistic Scotty. Whilst I acknowledge that factually you might be on the pitch with some of your statements, it doesn't excuse an attitude such as that. The beauty of football is that anything can happen. You could get an unexpected goal in any one of those group matches, or beyond. Your opposition might not come to play and you could cash in that way. As a supporter you should have such scenarios in your mind.

I've heard it all now..

Unread

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Galah
  • Mr Fourex
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • Scdeac
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • FACTHUNT
  • Justwin
  • Lostboy
  • Rambstien
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.