Intrust Super Cup 2014

Stewart Mills at fullback hey.. I'd have like to see him on the wing or in the centres as that is the most likely position he will get if injuries strike but oh well.

Yeah, saw where he was named. Still, anywhere is better than wing when it's not really his preferred position. Hope Mills keep his chin up and shows determination to make the NRL firsts for the Broncos. Hopefully he will understand that cream rises to the surface and that people are watching.

I disagree, fullback is probably the worst position to put him in 1-5 because the odds of him playing there in first grade would be 100-1, especially in comparison to wing or centre.

This is why the Broncos feeder system is flawed. They have little control over where their players end up playing so they can never really address any of their issues. Mills should be either be on the wing, or if he's really THAT foreign, then just play him in the centres and be done with it. I don't think that's the case though and think he can play wing but he has technical issues which will keep him from playing first grade till he fixes them.

I disagree, fullback is probably the worst position to put him in 1-5 because the odds of him playing there in first grade would be 100-1, especially in comparison to wing or centre.

This is why the Broncos feeder system is flawed. They have little control over where their players end up playing so they can never really address any of their issues. Mills should be either be on the wing, or if he's really THAT foreign, then just play him in the centres and be done with it. I don't think that's the case though and think he can play wing but he has technical issues which will keep him from playing first grade till he fixes them.

We have like 6 teams (?) feeder clubs but everyone else has 2 or 3 (NSWCup, Under 20s and Qcup for some). We should have all our non-first grade players playing for the same team. Bring back the Clydesdales!

I strongly disagree, the Broncos have a say and make suggestions on the role of players and what they would like to see. Fullback will be good for him tonight.

I guess we will see but at this stage, I feel like the move is a waste of time and just a way to serve the interests of the feeder as opposed to our own.

Will be interested to hear how the Dolphins go.

We have like 6 teams (?) feeder clubs but everyone else has 2 or 3 (NSWCup, Under 20s and Qcup for some). We should have all our non-first grade players playing for the same team. Bring back the Clydesdales!

Broncos have Wynnum, Reddy, Norths and Ipswich with a deal with the Capras.

You're being narrow minded, as I've explained before on this site it is a better system than having one team. Everyone on here complains about lack of recruitment then you say just limit yourself to one area?

Why do you think they have a deal with those clubs? They're key areas and clubs. Players from there get streamed to the Broncos.

Players love going back to their club and not some random club. Woomba people hated 17 strangers turning up on Saturday and then leaving- wasn't there team and why should they support that?

How is it fair to take a player like Granville from Wynnum and then he plays against Wynnum?

I guess we will see but at this stage, I feel like the move is a waste of time and just a way to serve the interests of the feeder as opposed to our own.

Will be interested to hear how the Dolphins go.

Obst will test him out, he has a big chance to impress and touch the ball more than he would on the wing.

His biggest problem 1910 is his front line defence, how is he supposed to work on that at the back?

That's my big concern.

The QCup situation really is a pro and con. Yes, it expands the Broncos nursery but it comes at the price of a proper reserve grade system.

Broncos have Wynnum, Reddy, Norths and Ipswich with a deal with the Capras.

You're being narrow minded, as I've explained before on this site it is a better system than having one team. Everyone on here complains about lack of recruitment then you say just limit yourself to one area?

Why do you think they have a deal with those clubs? They're key areas and clubs. Players from there get streamed to the Broncos.

Players love going back to their club and not some random club. Woomba people hated 17 strangers turning up on Saturday and then leaving- wasn't there team and why should they support that?

How is it fair to take a player like Granville from Wynnum and then he plays against Wynnum?

I agree but a junior Bronco will play wherever they're told and I doubt they'd care. I wonder how Brandon Gibb feels about playing against the Capras? They can still be found from their areas and be put in 1 team to play together and learn how to work with the other players before they're in first grade. I lived in Toowoomba and we loved the fact that future Broncos and fringe players showed up.

I agree but a junior Bronco will play wherever they're told and I doubt they'd care. I wonder how Brandon Gibb feels about playing against the Capras? They can still be found from their areas and be put in 1 team to play together and learn how to work with the other players before they're in first grade. I lived in Toowoomba and we loved the fact that future Broncos and fringe players showed up.

You have a bit of a jubbled argument.

You agree?

They're not junior Broncos, they're grown men who have been developed by clubs like Norths who then sign with the Broncos and then under your system come back next week to beat Norths. Why would Norths put money and time into development to be beaten when another club gets their guy.

Yes they do care, that's a stupid statement. Plenty of players have great affection for their ISC club.

Gibb left and came to Norths on his own had nothing to do with the Broncos. He didn't get the attention of the Broncos until he was at Norths.

You obviously didn't love them enough, they went broke.

You have a bit of a jubbled argument.

You agree?

They're not junior Broncos, they're grown men who have been developed by clubs like Norths who then sign with the Broncos and then under your system come back next week to beat Norths. Why would Norths put money and time into development to be beaten when another club gets their guy.

Yes they do care, that's a stupid statement. Plenty of players have great affection for their ISC club.

Gibb left and came to Norths on his own had nothing to do with the Broncos. He didn't get the attention of the Broncos until he was at Norths.

You obviously didn't love them enough, they went broke.

Maybe junior Broncos was the wrong term, but young and old players would still play for a single Broncos feeder club. Players play against teams they love all the time. Why did the Raiders put money into Milford? Because they get their best current players to play for them and if someone offers more they tend to leave and guess what, they still play against the team they love. Yes Gibb left for Norths on his own, but being from Central Queensland do you think it hurts him to play against them? My point is being from Ipswich doesn't mean you can't play for another club. That is you being narrow minded.

Maybe junior Broncos was the wrong term, but young and old players would still play for a single Broncos feeder club. Players play against teams they love all the time. Why did the Raiders put money into Milford? Because they get their best current players to play for them and if someone offers more they tend to leave and guess what, they still play against the team they love. Yes Gibb left for Norths on his own, but being from Central Queensland do you think it hurts him to play against them? My point is being from Ipswich doesn't mean you can't play for another club. That is you being narrow minded.

Of course they can do it, of course they will do it- the point is that it isn't what is best for their football or the ISC clubs.

Tweed Heads v Norths is the 9 Game of the Week.

Confirmation that Jarrod Wallace is lining up for the Devils @ 17.

He'll face up against Ryan James...who just lost the ball in a tackle by Wallace. Hint of a strip but the referee rules the other way.

Wallace playing well so far! Ryan James going pretty well too...

Active Now

• Mister Wright
  • Sproj
  • phoenix
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • Alec
  • Jedhead
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • mitch222
  • bazza
  • Big Del
  • barker
  • Evander
  • FACTHUNT
  • Financeguy
  • Bongo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.