Intrust Super Cup 2014

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He's had a couple of good touches but the Seagulls are getting numbers in on him.

Gibb has been a stand out so far for Norths. Made a few half breaks and then set up the try to former NYC Player Lumley.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
James has been really good stopping breaks, but he should've been sent for deliberately slowing the play after line breaks for the Devils.

Gibb probably the best player on the park so far.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Faifailoa makes big blunder by failing to clean up a grubber and allows Norths to score right on half time. 6-10 in favour of the devils at ht.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Norths dominating since Tweed lost his hooker Irwin. 6-16 now...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don't know why Broncos let go of Gibb. He looked good and looked like he could be a handy option on the bench.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Big, big tackle by little man Peralta on a prop. Weird as the tackle was on the lower ribs, but the guy got up with a nose bleed...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I don't know why Broncos let go of Gibb. He looked good and looked like he could be a handy option on the bench.

The knock on him seemed to be his size and fitness. Was considered too small to be an NRL player and didn't impress the coaches with his first grade performances as he seemed to get gassed easily.

Would have liked to have seen him persisted with, especially over Stagg.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
That's just ridiculous. They've played one game against a very average side that didn't make the finals last year and you haven't seen any other side play-and it's round 1.

PNG Hunters aren't doing too bad are they?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
PNG Hunters aren't doing too bad are they?

As far as talking football is concerned not much worse than someone making a statement such as depth and the length of the season with travel will see them run out of legs- then after three weeks and three wins someone thinks that makes them wrong.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
As far as talking football is concerned not much worse than someone making a statement such as depth and the length of the season with travel will see them run out of legs- then after three weeks and three wins someone thinks that makes them wrong.

All I remember is you saying that it was ridiculous for me to say they'll be hard to stop. So it was you in fact saying I was wrong.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Round 3 Results
Ipswich Jets 32 def. Wynnum Manly Seagulls 22
PNG Hunters 46 def. Central Capras 14
Northern Pride 20 def. Redcliffe Dolphins 12
Souths Logan Magpies 28 def. Burleigh Bears 26
Norths Devils 24 def. Tweed Heads Seagulls 12
Easts Tigers 50 def. Sunshine Coast Falcons 6

Really hate what they've done with the QCup websites. Can't get any details on any of the results, makes following the ISC much tougher than it should be.

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Round 3 Results
Ipswich Jets 32 def. Wynnum Manly Seagulls 22
PNG Hunters 46 def. Central Capras 14
Northern Pride 20 def. Redcliffe Dolphins 12
Souths Logan Magpies 28 def. Burleigh Bears 26
Norths Devils 24 def. Tweed Heads Seagulls 12
Easts Tigers 50 def. Sunshine Coast Falcons 6

Really hate what they've done with the QCup websites. Can't get any details on any of the results, makes following the ISC much tougher than it should be.

The QRL website has game reports up within 24 hours of games, the scores are posted at fulltime for all three grades, each game has a twitter and each game is updated as the score changes on the ISC facebook.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Right you are 1910, cheers.

** INTRUST SUPER CUP
IPSWICH JETS 32 (Wes Conlon 2, Kurt Capewell, Brendon Marshall, Josh Seage, Marmin Barba tries; Wes Conlon 2, Haydan Lipp 2 goals) def WYNNUM MANLY SEAGULLS 22 (Dylan Smith 2, Peter Gubb, Mitchell Frei tries; Kurt French 2, John Te Reo goals) at North Ipswich Reserve.

PNG HUNTERS 46
(George Benson 2, Noel Zemming 2, Adex Wera, Thompson Teteh, Roger Laka, Willie Minoga tries; Noel Zemming 6, Roger Laka goals) def CQ CAPRAS 14 (Rhys Williams 2, Grant Rogers tries; Theeran Pearson goal) at Kalabond Oval, Kokopo.

NORTHERN PRIDE 20
(Justin Castellaro, Jack Svendsen, Jason Roos tries; Shaun Nona 4 goals) def REDCLIFFE DOLPHINS 12 (Aaron Whitchurch, James Ackerman tries; Adrian Davis 2 goals) at Barlow Park.

SOUTHS LOGAN MAGPIES 28
(Jordan Rapana, Jack Ahearn, Mat Pitman, Sam Mataora, Phil Dennis, Kurt Baptiste tries; Jordan Rapana 2 goals) def BURLEIGH BEARS 26 (Henare Wells, Khan Ahwang, Matt Beddow, Louis Fanene tries; Khan Ahwang 5 goals) at Davies Park.

NORTHS DEVILS 24
(Tristan Lumley 2, Rogan Dean, Kainga Turner tries; Todd Murphy 4 goals) def TWEED HEADS SEAGULLS 12 (Damian Sironen, Pele Peletelese tries; Blake Anderson 2 goals) at Piggabeen Sports.

EASTS TIGERS 50
(Jarrod McInally 2, Cody Walker 2, Tim Glasby 2, Richie Kennar, Shane Neumann, Steven Thorpe, Maeli Seve tries; Cody Walker 5 goals) def SUNSHINE COAST FALCONS 6 (Jaz Nahu-Main try; Ryan Hansen goal) at Langlands Park.

My issue is with BigPond.

They've changed the design of their website for the worst and what was once a great resource for information is now difficult to come across. Back in the day, you could just click Draw/Results and there it was.

It appears the QRL has gotten use to the changes but seems like a step back from where they were before.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Anyone know where I can find the gains and losses for the ISC from last year? I'm editing my RLL2 teams and have missed last year for ISC. I've found this years though. Thanks.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Look for another addition to the ISC next year and the Grand Final to be back at Lang Park this year.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
If you want to see innovative coaching. Watch today.

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Browny
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Maroon4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • Kev_Guz
  • Santa
  • Spooky1013
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.