Intrust Super Cup 2018

Maybe ask nolan at training on Monday why this bloke cant get a gig then and see what he says?

Just because we dont sign a player doesnt mean they arent good enough. We didnt think Thurston was good enough for example.

Typical comment from you. Apprently no one watches any footy except you. And wrong, i have watched plenty of his games.
Why is it misleading? Saving tries is just as inportant as scoring them.
So one big tackle on pearson should count for what?
16 nrl clubs cant be all wrong!!!!

You had to look up stats to offer anything on him- yet seen him plenty of times. Yet can’t think of a single positive or negative.

I just explained why a fullbacks missed tackles can be misleading.

Problem here is you think you need to give him 500k and play him round one.

Or as I’m suggesting- he’s shown enough potential that I would give him minimum salary give him an off-season your 30th spot of even 31-36 spot and see where full time takes him. He’s an exceptional athlete with great skills. He’s a lump of clay I’d think be worth a small investment.

Last edited:
Just because we dont sign a player doesnt mean they arent good enough. We didnt think Thurston was good enough for example.
This bloke is at a feeder club of ours.
Using Thurston is a bad example.

You had to look up stats to offer anything on him- yet seen him plenty of times. Yet can’t think of a single positive or negative.

Here we go, how dare anyone ever question you or your beloved jets.

Typical comment from you. Apprently no one watches any footy except you. And wrong, i have watched plenty of his games.
Why is it misleading? Saving tries is just as inportant as scoring them.
So one big tackle on pearson should count for what?
16 nrl clubs cant be all wrong!!!!

Saving tries is important, but so is scoring tries. He isnt exactly playing in a side known for keeping things tight.

And you only think Thurston is a bad example because it just doesnt suit your argument. Should we just list all the Queenslanders from our doorstep we didnt sign? There are plenty of them. Clubs make recruitment errors. Sometimes really good players just dont get the lucky break they might need.

As for Ipswich being a feeder club, how many of our really promising players do we actually send to them?

Last edited:

I just explained why a fullbacks missed tackles can be misleading.

Problem here is you think you need to give him 500k and play him round one.

Or as I’m suggesting- he’s shown enough potential that I would give him minimum salary give him an off-season your 30th spot of even 31-36 spot and see where full time takes him. He’s an exceptional athlete with great skills. He’s a lump of clay I’d think be worth a small investment.

Why sign him at all. Just give him an 8 week stint in pre season then.
$500k and round 1 selection hey. When did i mention that? Thats right, i didnt.

Saving tries is important, but so is scoring tries. He isnt exactly playing in a side known for keeping things tight.

And you only think Thurston is a bad example because it just doesnt suit your argument. Should we just list all the Queenslanders from our doorstep we didnt sign? There are plenty of them. Clubs make recruitment errors. Sometimes really good players just dont get the lucky break they might need.

As for Ipswich being a feeder club, how many of our really promising players do we actually send to them?

You better ask 1910 why we dont send any promising players to them.
So all 16 clubsare wrong in this instance? Thats a lot of bag judges.
Just because he plays in a touch footy team that doesnt mean he should miss that many tackles compared to tackles made

Why sign him at all. Just give him an 8 week stint in pre season then.
$500k and round 1 selection hey. When did i mention that? Thats right, i didnt.

So now he’s worth a look and has potential?

He’s the exact type of signing you need to fill those last spots. Staggs worked out well this year and he was playing Colts not even ISC. Purcell is playing ISC and doing well.

Does it mean he’d play NRL- no clue but gee back your club or any NRL club to bring out potential in a guy doing what he’s doing every week.

It’s not hard to understand.

So now he’s worth a look and has potential?

He’s the exact type of signing you need to fill those last spots. Staggs worked out well this year and he was playing Colts not even ISC. Purcell is playing ISC and doing well.

Does it mean he’d play NRL- no clue but gee back your club or any NRL club to bring out potential in a guy doing what he’s doing every week.

It’s not hard to understand.

According you to you he is worth signing to top 30.. your words not mine.
My comment was you dont have to sign them to give them a chance. Where did i mention he had potential?
Typical solictor come back trying to twist comments and words.
Its not hard to understand.

So why havent any of the 16 clubs given him a chance if he is so good??
Maybe thats a bit too hard for you to explain. All the recruitment staff must not have a clue hey.

You better ask 1910 why we dont send any promising players to them.
So all 16 clubsare wrong in this instance? Thats a lot of bag judges.
Just because he plays in a touch footy team that doesnt mean he should miss that many tackles compared to tackles made

Well i dont need to ask anyone about why we dont send players there because i already know. And yes, playing in a side that plays like the Jets can mean you are going to miss tackles because their style of play can leave you exposed.

It would add more weight to your argument if you could provide a bit more context to the type of tackles he is missing and where. Simply saying he misses tackles doesnt really tell us a lot in the scheme of things. For all we know they could all be bad misses from him, or they could be because he has been put in a no win situation.

And yes, all 16 clubs are wrong, but at the same time, i'd argue he possibly wasnt quite ready until this year. We will see what happens next year. But like i said, clubs dont always get recruitment right. We stuffed up with Munster, or are you going to tell me thats a bad example as well.

According you to you he is worth signing to top 30.. your words not mine.
My comment was you dont have to sign them to give them a chance. Where did i mention he had potential?
Typical solictor come back trying to twist comments and words.
Its not hard to understand.

So why havent any of the 16 clubs given him a chance if he is so good??
Maybe thats a bit too hard for you to explain. All the recruitment staff must not have a clue hey.

I said 30 or 31-36 which are for developing players-like Staggs.

Why would you even suggest an off-season for a player with no potential? By suggesting an off-season you’re inferring he has potential.

Don’t know why he hasn’t been given a crack. That’s the point of my original wondering.

Well i dont need to ask anyone about why we dont send players there because i already know. And yes, playing in a side that plays like the Jets can mean you are going to miss tackles because their style of play can leave you exposed.

It would add more weight to your argument if you could provide a bit more context to the type of tackles he is missing and where. Simply saying he misses tackles doesnt really tell us a lot in the scheme of things. For all we know they could all be bad misses from him, or they could be because he has been put in a no win situation.

And yes, all 16 clubs are wrong, but at the same time, i'd argue he possibly wasnt quite ready until this year. We will see what happens next year. But like i said, clubs dont always get recruitment right. We stuffed up with Munster, or are you going to tell me thats a bad example as well.

Munster was 18 not 23 and using his as an example is laughable. He went back to cup and got picked up because he was exceptional in a miserable team. If you are good enough you will get your chance, just like jt and munster.
Melbourne recruited him so your example is off the mark.
Purcell hasnt been recruited from any of the 16 clubs.
Munster was recruited so there is a difference.
How about you go back and watch all his missed tackles and let everyone know bow that goes

I said 30 or 31-36 which are for developing players-like Staggs.

Why would you even suggest an off-season for a player with no potential? By suggesting an off-season you’re inferring he has potential.

Don’t know why he hasn’t been given a crack. That’s the point of my original wondering.

You are the ine spruiking him for a contract, not me.
If the clubs thought he had potential he would get an invite for a pre season trial.
You out of all people should know this is how it works.

Munster was 18 not 23 and using his as an example is laughable. He went back to cup and got picked up because he was exceptional in a miserable team. If you are good enough you will get your chance, just like jt and munster.
Melbourne recruited him so your example is off the mark.
Purcell hasnt been recruited from any of the 16 clubs.
Munster was recruited so there is a difference.
How about you go back and watch all his missed tackles and let everyone know bow that goes

How about you provide the proof. You are the one bagging him. Back up your argument with some decent facts instead of just some stats from a website.

And the age of a player doesnt matter at all. If we missed them, we missed them. Doesnt matter if we missed them at 16, 18 or 23, or even older. If they are under our noses, thats on us.

And your comments about Munster are laughable at best. We had the chance to sign him but didnt really want him. And you say he was exceptional in a miserable team. He was exceptional, but calling Easts a miserable team when they came second twice and 4th iirc shows you are way off the mark.

Edit, i'll correct myself, i dont actually think in 2013 he played for Easts, so it was only 1 year of finishing runner up. Think it was Capras the year earlier in 2013.

Last edited:
I think we can fire some scouts and hire some spies instead. Install them in Storm HQ and go after the players they scout.

How about you provide the proof. You are the one bagging him. Back up your argument with some decent facts instead of just some stats from a website.

And the age of a player doesnt matter at all. If we missed them, we missed them. Doesnt matter if we missed them at 16, 18 or 23, or even older. If they are under our noses, thats on us.

And your comments about Munster are laughable at best. We had the chance to sign him but didnt really want him. And you say he was exceptional in a miserable team. He was exceptional, but calling Easts a miserable team when they came second twice and 4th iirc shows you are way off the mark.

Edit, i'll correct myself, i dont actually think in 2013 he played for Easts, so it was only 1 year of finishing runner up. Think it was Capras the year earlier in 2013.

I dont need the proof. I didnt bag him i asked why he should be given an nrl contract? So real facts from the qrl dont matter? Muppet..

You are way off the mark. How many pkayers are getting missed ar 23??? This should be interesting.

Glad you corrected yourself about Munster, becasue you had zero idea at all.
He actually did show up at red hill and was ignored for 4 days so he went back to rocky.
And he did play for a miserable team in the capras, this is where Melbourne came in and got their man. He got signed out of the capras and not easts....

Yawn!!!!

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.