Q-CUP Intrust Super Cup 2019

Boy that was a good try to the Wynnum fullback his got a lot of speed.

Last edited:
Any reason why they would be stood down?
Perese is playing in centre too
Found out, Seibs wanted Turpin/Paix to train with Brisbane instead of playing. Would be to quick of a turnaround if they're needed for Thursday nights game

Not sure why Carrigan is being so highly rated. I've only watched two of his games and in both he never really did anything to warrant the huge raps he seems to be getting.

Dolphins are really going to struggle this year i'm fearing. I doubt any team could handle losing the amount of players they have lost . Both first choice centers, their main winger, their halfback, their hooker and 4 of their forwards. Its a massive blow to them.

Last edited:
Not sure why Carrigan is being so highly rated. I've only watched two of his games and in both he never really did anything to warrant the huge raps he seems to be getting.

His out put hasn't been as good as last year, his minutes are way down. He was similar at the start of last season too. Took a while to get his minutes up and be effective.

I think you need specsavers.
I'm happy to defer to your valued opinion. So what has he done in the tits trial and today that was outstanding that I missed?

His out put hasn't been as good as last year, his minutes are way down. He was similar at the start of last season too. Took a while to get his minutes up and be effective.
Fair play to him then, I'm happy to hold off and re-evaluate him mid season.

I'm happy to defer to your valued opinion. So what has he done in the tits trial and today that was outstanding that I missed?

His stats from last week that @Pushkin posted were pretty good

14 total runs 141 running meters, 45 contact meters, 26 tackles made and missed tackles 0, Tackle Efficiency 96.3%, Total minutes played 50:00, first 34:52 and second 15:33.

Havent seen the game against the Dolphins today but I think he was really good against the titans tbh. He just isnt a spectacular player and have the same big impact in the way say Flegler or Haas are. He does a lot of the dirty work, especially when his team is under pressure and somebody needs to stand up and take the tough carries, he leads well and is ultra consistent. I've no boubts he is a future captain.

Just remember, in the Titans game we were losing until he turned up and single-handedly won us the game.

Last edited:
Found out, Seibs wanted Turpin/Paix to train with Brisbane instead of playing. Would be to quick of a turnaround if they're needed for Thursday nights game

It’s become common now, Bellamy did it round one with Walters. He had to stay and train opposed. Broncos did it round one and three.

Last edited:
I'm struggling to understand why the Broncos would be so selective. If they were concerned about the short term around, then why did all the Reserves play this afternoon? You would think if there was an opposed session they would need more players than a few development players to be present.

I'm not doning the tin-foil hat or anything, but maybe coaches have adopted a new approach to try and handle the work-load of their development players?

Fair play to him then, I'm happy to hold off and re-evaluate him mid season.
It’s a bit of a joke on here about how much @Wolfie loves Carrigan but in all seriousness he is a sure thing (barring injury) to become a starting first grade player. I just hope it’s with us.

Watching Pride v Blackhawks and Gilbert is going so well, fearless in his line running and great hands.

Patty's Numbers

Round 2 vs. Dolphins: 51 Minutes, 12 Runs, 99m, 42 post-contact, 4 tackle-breaks, 1 offload, 28 tackles, 5 missed, 2 ineffective, 1 penalty.

Most players would be happy with those numbers. By Carrigan's standards, it was a below par performance.

Patty's Numbers

Round 2 vs. Dolphins: 51 Minutes, 12 Runs, 99m, 42 post-contact, 4 tackle-breaks, 1 offload, 28 tackles, 5 missed, 2 ineffective, 1 penalty.

Most players would be happy with those numbers. By Carrigan's standards, it was a below par performance.

Ordinary game by him. Didnt get to see the Dolphins game, but i think Reddy are going to struggle sadly. They have lost so much quality at that level and just havent replaced them with anything similar. Losing 8 players from the side that won the premiership last year was always going to hit them hard.

Dearden has been named in the Wynnum Seagulls MM side.

They're going well so far the Seagulls. I'm not familiar with a lot of their players, but their hooker Jake Simpkin was a stand out last year for the Mustangs as a 17-year old and it appears he's taken his game to another level.

Niu has also been named in the Magpies QCup side.

Last edited:
Dearden has been named in the Wynnum Seagulls MM side.

They're going well so far the Seagulls. I'm not familiar with a lot of their players, but their hooker Jake Simpkin was a stand out last year for the Mustangs as a 17-year old and it appears he's taken his game to another level.

Niu has also been named in the Magpies QCup side.

Shame that Walker v Dearden won't happen.

Apart from last week Walker has been terrific and has been talk he could play ISC. He is only 16 playing MM. Walker has five tries in three games. His footwork and anticipation is excellent.

Souths need a pick me up and I suspect they've gone young to try and find it. Very disappointing so far.

Last edited:
I watched Redcliffe v Souths.

I thought while Perese tries hard and wants to run the ball, he is lacking in any sort of anticipation and won't show any variance from his area. His game awareness needs massive work.

Niu on debut I thought was ok, he will have to keep working on using other players, still has that I will just run mentality of MM. A combination of MSL and Port could be dangerous for the Magpies.

Magpies were super disappointing to lose, should never have even been in that position.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.