Is Jessica Watson going to die?

Flutterby said:
I agree she has the right to enjoy every impending accolade and to celebrate hard - she has achieved a great thing.

However I do question the definition of "unassitsed". She has on a number of occassions during her journey received advice via her internet blog from some of our finest ever sailors on how to handle certain condititions/situations she found herself in. Sure she had to follow through and act by herself, but to me she still received assistance via this advice.

She had more modern communication available to her. Jesse Martin still had a satellite phone and made contact seeking advice himself.

So he shouldn't have the record for "unassisted" either

I admire her because she's set out to do something and achieved it, and hate the negative tardburgers that try and undermine her achievement by claiming she's had unfair help, is doing it just for publicity, should've stayed in school etc etc.

Coxy said:
I admire her because she's set out to do something and achieved it, and hate the negative tardburgers that try and undermine her achievement by claiming she's had unfair help, is doing it just for publicity, should've stayed in school etc etc.

Are you trying to say FB is a tardburger? [icon_lol1.

Well she's hung up on the record, unassisted blah blah bullshit, but it's more people like Huge, gUt etc that go on about it just being for the publicity, blah blah. Who fucking cares? She set her mind to doing something, and has done it. In order to achieve it she needed money and sponsorship. To get money and sponsorship she had to make it public what she was doing to get support.

Just bugs me that people clearly achieve so little in their own lives that they try and take down someone else.

PS: Russell Crowe is a fuckwit who should go back to school and stop doing things for publicity. :P LOLZ, yes, ok, me is guilty of it too sometimes...but he's a fair target!

Coxy said:
Well she's hung up on the record, unassisted blah blah bullshit

OR - she doesn't care one way or another and just likes to stir Coxy about it [icon_evillaugh

And you will note that I have on a number of occasions also said that it is a great achievement and good on her. But just as you don't consider surfing a sport, I don't consider her achievement the record people (not necessarily her) claimed it to be.

I don't give a crap what Jessica's motives are.

How many people can say they sailed around the world solo? Bet none of the haters have.

Hell of an achievement.

I have sailed around the world solo.

There it's pretty easy to say.

So according to the media, Jess already has a soulmate. Jealous Coxy?

Scotty said:
So according to the media, Jess already has a soulmate. Jealous Coxy?

'sok, she's all mine with my eyes closed and palm clenched.......

Ewwww

ewww indeed! [icon_lol1.

Coxy would be good for her, Rules with an iron fist.

Krispy can help with that, it's FIST time!

LOL!

Hey Coxy, will you be in Sydney tomorrow to watch your idol?

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redux
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Santa
  • Hurrijo
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.