Is Jessica Watson going to die?

Flutterby said:
It was when he called her a "hero" that I felt sick [icon_evillaugh

And to her credit when she spoke she denied she was a hero.

"I don't consider myself a hero. I'm an ordinary girl who believed in her dreams.

"You don't have to be someone special to do something special, all you have to do is believe in it and work hard."

So there you go :P

Do you also want to credit her with jumping ship (pun intended) on those who supported her from the start just for more money? One HD (ie Ch 10) have sponsored her from the get-go, but she sells her first interview to 60 Minutes - Ch 9!!!! [icon_razz1

She can't be held responsible for the actions of her manager ;-)

Flutterby said:
Do you also want to credit her with jumping ship (pun intended) on those who supported her from the start just for more money? One HD (ie Ch 10) have sponsored her from the get-go, but she sells her first interview to 60 Minutes - Ch 9!!!! [icon_razz1

One HD is actually an NZ based channel operated by TVNZ. They also operate One and 3 in NZ. Do they own Ten?

The Rock said:
Coxy, just go put her on lay-by already, you know you want to.

I heard he put a down payment in the bank while watching.

Hey Hatchy, looks like she's hooked up with that Mike Perham guy, the Pommy 18 year old that sailed around the world last year.

Seems like your only hope is to sail around the world yourself. So get to it!

Only goes for seaman hey? Read that back and tell me how you have failed twice.

OK, enough's enough. I really don't care if Jess bought a red dress for her birthday party...she's done her trip, she's home safe, enough of the coverage now. Let her be a normal 17 year old.

Coxy said:
OK, enough's enough. I really don't care if Jess bought a red dress for her birthday party...she's done her trip, she's home safe, enough of the coverage now. Let her be a normal 17 year old.

God I hate the media.

Scotty said:
Coxy said:

God I hate the media.

Yep, it's this kind of shit that goes wayyyyyy too far. It's like stories about footballer's wives and what they buy for their babies....amazed we haven't had a day by day update on the bowel movements of Sunny James Lockyer to be honest!

You honestly weren't expecting anything different were you???

And you really only have yourself (and those like you Coxy) to blame - you all got sooooo hyped up about "ooo she's so amazing, she's totally awesome, she's sailing around the world, what a legend" etc etc etc that the media just jumped on and decided that we all wanted to know every single detail about her.

You're right. I shall no longer express any admiration for anyone and simply be a cynical, sour **** tard like the people who bagged her.

At least that way the only media would be about her stupidity.

Noone is saying you can't admire people, but the way a lot of people carried on you would have thought she was curing cancer, not sailing around the world (which while she may be the youngest, she isn't the first person to do this). It was due to this public over-reaction that the media were always going to go way too far in following and reporting her every last move.

Active Now

• barker
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • upthebroncs
  • Scorchie
  • lakers133334
  • Harry Sack
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Santa
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • the_next
  • leish107
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.