OFFICIAL Isaako released to Titans

Maybe it would be unfair on Isaako on that error alone but the fact is that it was the piece de resistance of a fullback game with zero of the fundamentals and subtleties required to play the position at an elite level. That error is reflective of a total lack of football smarts. With that in mind, could Isaako possibly be doing a good job at organising defence? that’s one of the most important parts of a fullback’s job. Given how short we often are for numbers I gather he is not doing it. He has to go.

I see your point with Herbie @McHunt, but honestly I haven’t seen anyone on here saying he’s going to be elite there. That said I think we see a lot of potential in him and want to see what he’s like at fullback this season since we’re already fucked.
to be fair.....no-one in our team is good defensively...perhaps thats why Duftys a option for us... :sook:

Realistically, ive checked and rechecked and i can think of a single occasion where ive sen Issako engage the defense and provide quality service to his outside backs like Dufty did against us...

Dufty though loses points simply because he did this against us....a under-20s side apparently...
giphy.gif

Glenns atrotious read needs no explaining..no talk, no cohesion on the edge...Ramseys out on the wing by himself...but nice work by Dufty to step inside and set up Bird.

giphy.gif

Again, simply straighten and then cut out pass...

giphy.gif

This play though is the one that makes me think; replace De Belin with Lodge or TPJ running to enagage the line then pass to Dufty wrapping around and finding guys like Staggs or 2nd rower...

Because im sure we have the skills in this side to do this regularly...

Again......got any Isaako vids to share of him doing this....?

Yes, he did.

At 18-12 up and then 18 all, we were well and truly in the game. Then Isaako unforgivably allowed the try on half time, played the ball on the oppositions foot (and then wasted our challenge on it (seriously?!?)) for a turnover and then knocked on, all in the space of about a collective 4 mins, punctuated by half time.

In a team that is as brittle as crepe paper, they're the sort of catalysts that result in big losses. It has been that way for the last few years. We compound stupid errors and then go to shit. Ask yourself: why were we defending when TC was binned? That’s right, because Isaako had already turned the ball over, twice, in the first few sets we had of the second half. So, no, the ship had well and truly already sailed when TC was binned.

But if you want to masquerade your hard on for Isaako behind a faint attempt to say I have an agenda against him, go right ahead. But what you will find is that there is post after post of you debating how good he is with others on here. Yet you won’t find a single other post before this week where I hold him to account for a loss.
No, the score was 24 - 18 and regardless of any other event, that was the score. We were absolutely in the match. Robati being sin binned was the turning point. How you can twist it to suit beggars belief. Anyone who puts Isaako's half-time blunder above Robati's sin bin definitely isn't thinking clearly. Just on points alone Robati's indiscretion was worse, twice as bad AND that doesn't even factor in the fatigue his blunder caused. Sure, blame Isaako but you're still going to be wrong.

I do think the fact we have trialled 45 players in the halves this season, and as of yet, not even anyone not named Idroppo at fullback....to be quite perplexing...

Why is he a protected species..?

If the cultural reboot is making people responsible for their actions.....then Idroppo literally needs to be his surname...

Hence, why NOT give Herbs a run there....you never know unless you try...
Well we had Milford POTY 2018™️

Now we have isaako ROTY 2018™️

No, the score was 24 - 18 and regardless of any other event, that was the score. We were absolutely in the match. Robati being sin binned was the turning point. How you can twist it to suit beggars belief. Anyone who puts Isaako's half-time blunder above Robati's sin bin definitely isn't thinking clearly. Just on points alone Robati's indiscretion was worse, twice as bad AND that doesn't even factor in the fatigue his blunder caused. Sure, blame Isaako but you're still going to be wrong.

he didn’t get hooked for no reason, he was having an absolute Barry.

Robati scored two tries and his sin bin was fucking embarrassing, to try and paint him as the villain is a long fucking bow

You really will defend him for anything.

I would've expected Isaako to hold his place under the shit happens at fullback rule, but knowing how Kevvie gets his advice from the press, I suspect the French might've jinxed poor Jamayne. Niu is no upgrade on Isaako. Fucked if I know.
Isaako is not a long term option. He makes as many errors per game as good and he hasn’t even done much good for a few games now but the errors remained. It’s a race between Isaako developing in all his flawed areas and oppositions learning to nullify his step - and I know which one is more likely.

We know what we get with Isaako now and it isn’t good enough, might as well shuffle the deck chairs and hope something works out because the other option is to admit we completely fucked up by not offering Walsh or Hynes fullback money

Hynes is neither here nor there for mine......sounds like for personal reasons he wasnt a realsitic option...

Take no notice of the click-bait headlines about it....

Walsh...yep agree....we seriously fucked that up no question....

Where is our new head of recruitment...??

Lol Isaako's blunder led directly to a try conceded Huge. Wtf are you on about

Lol Isaako's blunder led directly to a try conceded Huge. Wtf are you on about

I genuinely don't know either. I mean he bags out Milf repeatedly and Isaako comes out and has another bad game, though pretty much just as bad as Milf the week before and Isaako was...good? Come on man.

he's not ready for that.
That's what they thought when they let go of Walsh (Same Age) and look at him.

He'll be ready for next year if we blood him next year. What's to lose?

Huh? No idea what you're on about.
Me either, I couldn’t follow the quotes….

Honest question. Was Kevvie right to hook Isaako the other night, in your opinion?

Gotta hand it to huge. When he finds an idol that’s right for him his faith never waviers. 😛
My posts are not defending Isaako in any way. He had a bad game. My problem is ridiculous claims that Isaako single handedly cost the Broncos the game. The blunder on half time was terrible yet I've seen it many times before where players are unaware that someone could turn it into a try. He conceded 6 points in a 52 point loss. Robati in the bin cost us two tries. We couldn't recover from the sin bin. Being 24 -18 behind was something we could overcome. Regardless of how one feels about Isaako the player who you could possibly consider single handedly cost us the game was Robati.

Robati wouldn't have been defending his line early in the 2nd half if Isucko didn't drop the ball and then waste a captains challenge putting us under pressure.

Me either, I couldn’t follow the quotes….

Honest question. Was Kevvie right to hook Isaako the other night, in your opinion?
Yes. Isaako was having a bad game or at least was the one who was having the worst night. The blunder at half-time was awful and it affected him badly. The rest of the team ( aside from one or two) also didn't have a great night. My problem as always is the bhq lynch-mob mentality and the tendency that many have to focus on a single player or moment and total blindness to anything else that occurred.

His mistake cost us 6 points and in a game where we had 52 scored on us blaming him solely for the loss is ludicrous.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Bish
  • The Strapper
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Fatboy
  • Fozz
  • Cavalo
  • Dazza 92
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • Lurker
  • achievedrap
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Justwin
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.