Israel Folau’s secret meeting with the Brisbane Broncos revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
But that’s the thing mate, you say that a 16 year old is old enough to decide weather they want to make a life long decision such as transitioning. So surely they can choose whether or not they believe in religion or what an ex footballer says.

If anything the media are they ones forcing his views onto the community by showing it on the news, this was all said inside a church and the media decided to post it all over the tv. Dose this mean the media are being reasonable? Considering the effect it has on transgender people?

Also if he shouldn’t be able to push his agenda due to his profile, dose that rule also apply to people with opposite views to Him?

It is an extremely complex subject and can be look at from hundreds of different angles.

I'm not talking about sixteen year olds. They aren't children. I'm talking about young children and their mental freedom. Whether sixteen year olds want to become men or women or whatever the **** is none of religions business, or anyone else's for that matter. When someone starts suggesting influencing laws one way or another based on religious belief, it requires vocal opposition, not non-resistance and 'well everyone is entitled to theirs' blah blah. It goes for any and every issue religious people have their stinky fingers in.

Don't get me started on the media, they suck as much as religion. Folau can spew all he wants on social media, but now he won't have professional sports in Australia leech influence from. So less kids influenced by his views, so much the better.

Again, if the religious inclined are so interested in child protection...well, no need for a punch line.

But that’s the thing mate, you say that a 16 year old is old enough to decide weather they want to make a life long decision such as transitioning. So surely they can choose whether or not they believe in religion or what an ex footballer says.

If anything the media are they ones forcing his views onto the community by showing it on the news, this was all said inside a church and the media decided to post it all over the tv. Dose this mean the media are being reasonable? Considering the effect it has on transgender people?

Also if he shouldn’t be able to push his agenda due to his profile, dose that rule also apply to people with opposite views to Him?

It is an extremely complex subject and can be look at from hundreds of different angles.
Yes, it is complex yet a solution is simple. If Folau believes his god hears what's in his 'heart' (really?) then he should simply remove his post and apologize for posting. He wouldn't be saying he doesn't agree with the sentiment and his god would know that afterall. He then must agree to refrain from expressing his views on this particular subject. It really is simple provided Folau's belief in his gods omniscience is real.

Yes, it is complex yet a solution is simple. If Folau believes his god hears what's in his 'heart' (really?) then he should simply remove his post and apologize for posting. He wouldn't be saying he doesn't agree with the sentiment and his god would know that afterall. He then must agree to refrain from expressing his views on this particular subject. It really is simple provided Folau's belief in his gods omniscience is real.

I’ve got to agree with everything you just said.

And the media need to take responsibility for their part in the promotion of his views. After all the main reason people don’t like him saying this, is for the sake of the transgender community

I’ve got to agree with everything you just said.

And the media need to take responsibility for their part in the promotion of his views. After all the main reason people don’t like him saying this, is for the sake of the transgender community

Hey the gays and drunks aren't happy either.

What does he think of stoners? welp!

I'm not talking about sixteen year olds. They aren't children. I'm talking about young children and their mental freedom. Whether sixteen year olds want to become men or women or whatever the **** is none of religions business, or anyone else's for that matter. When someone starts suggesting influencing laws one way or another based on religious belief, it requires vocal opposition, not non-resistance and 'well everyone is entitled to theirs' blah blah. It goes for any and every issue religious people have their stinky fingers in.

Don't get me started on the media, they suck as much as religion. Folau can spew all he wants on social media, but now he won't have professional sports in Australia leech influence from. So less kids influenced by his views, so much the better.

Again, if the religious inclined are so interested in child protection...well, no need for a punch line.

People need to have a say in the law (religious or not) that’s what makes a democracy. Both sides need equal scrutiny to come to the best outcome.

I believe that if a 16 year old wants to inject drugs and hormones into their body’s the parents definitely need to be involved in that. It’s quite common for young transgender people to regret their decision by the time they are mid 20s. A 16 year olds brain is not developed to make massive decisions like that, hence why there are laws in place.

I don’t think he has much influence on the law to be honest.

You have had no issues with bashing religion due to the same freedom of speech he is using. If you are asking for him to be silent you must do the same thing and that is not productive. I’m quite happy that people still have freedoms to voice their opinions even if I don’t agree with them.

Last edited:
People need to have a say in the law (religious or not) that’s what makes a democracy. Both sides need equal scrutiny to come to the best outcome.

I believe that if a 16 year old wants to inject drugs and homonyms into their body’s the parents definitely need to be involved in that. It’s quite common for young transgender people to regret their decision by the time they are mid 20s. A 16 year olds brain is not developed to make massive decisions like that, hence why there are laws in place.

I don’t think he has much influence on the law to be honest.

You have had no issues with bashing religion due to the same freedom of speech he is using. If you are asking for him to be silent you must do the same thing and that is not productive. I’m quite happy that people still have freedoms to voice their opinions even if I don’t agree with them.

Jeez, this is sort of feeling like conversing with Morks. Yay religion, boo media, fart noise.

I'm out.

Jeez, this is sort of feeling like conversing with Morks. Yay religion, boo media, fart noise.

I'm out.

Hey, you should hate the media just as much as Falou if your worried about young transgender people’s mental health and brain washing

Hey, you should hate the media just as much as Falou if your worried about young transgender people’s mental health and brain washing

I do hate 'The' media. You seem overly concerned with transgender people 'making a mistake'...so what? People make mistakes all the time, ones they can't take back. It's their own choice. Religious people need not concern themselves or religion in the matter. Big bad media has got nothing on religion when it comes to poisoning the minds of the young. And by young, I mean actually young, not old enough to be fucking and making their own decisions re:fucking.

Now begone with you, Roo.

Last edited:
It's not breaking news that Abrahamic religions don't like transexuals or gays. It's just that cameras are following Folau everywhere and the media are reporting on it like what he's saying is anathema to even Christian/ Muslim/ whatever other religion's values.

Well the sermon was made in a church so I’m not exactly sure what you mean by keep it to yourself.
I think you’ll find that the whole reason he was saying it is to protect children from irresponsible laws coming in which would allow someone that is just old enough to hold a learners license from making a life long decision without their parents permission.
And this isn’t just wearing lipstick and high heels, we are talking about injecting drugs and hormones into a child. He has a right to a valid opinion just as you are, as much as you hate it

I can understand the concerns of making such a life changing decision at younger ages (I don't consider 16 as being an age you can't make such a decision, there are a lot of rights and responsibilities that come of that age, that said 18 is probably a more suitable age)for having changes to body being made as that has an effect on their future, though lets also be realistic here, much like discovering that you may be gay this isn't a decision that is made overnight either. Should parents be involved in the decision, definitely. But if they want to have that right they also have a responsibility that if it's delayed that when they are the age to make such a decision on their own to support it and not punish them for doing so(they don't have to like it, but it shouldn't change their relationship) can't have it both ways.

If he has a genuine concern for the children in that situation that are largely aren't from a religious perspective that I can understand and support but when they are based on religious teachings with the mindset that is more important then the overall welfare of the person involved(not just what people see as the afterlife for which their has never been provided any substantial evidence of it's existence) I have to question the motivations for doing so. Don't get me wrong his entitled to his opinion away from the public spotlight IMO but you don't have to agree with it. As for the media self serving in this situation IMO no one gains for this except them.

Personally I'm more concerned with issues such as the reluctance of the catholic church to report pedophiles, doing their best to protect their image at the expense of the victims, continued lobbying in the US against legislation that would benefit victims and that their followers continue to support and even defend the church especially financially while they continue to maintain this behaviour then this.

Last edited:
I can understand the concerns of making such a life changing decision at younger ages (I don't consider 16 as being an age you can't make such a decision, there are a lot of rights and responsibilities that come of that age, that said 18 is probably a more suitable age)for having changes to body being made as that has an effect on their future, though lets also be realistic here, much like discovering that you may be gay this isn't a decision that is made overnight either. Should parents be involved in the decision, definitely. But if they want to have that right they also have a responsibility that if it's delayed that when they are the age to make such a decision on their own to support it and not punish them for doing so(they don't have to like it, but it shouldn't change their relationship) can't have it both ways.

If he has a genuine concern for the children in that situation that are largely aren't from a religious perspective that I can understand and support but when they are based on religious teachings with the mindset that is more important then the overall welfare of the person involved(not just what people see as the afterlife for which their has never been provided any substantial evidence of it's existence) I have to question the motivations for doing so. Don't get me wrong his entitled to his opinion away from the public spotlight IMO but you don't have to agree with it.

Personally I'm more concerned with issues such as the reluctance of the catholic church to report pedophiles, doing their best to protect their image at the expense of the victims, continued lobbying in the US against legislation that would benefit victims and that their followers continue to support and even defend the church especially financially while they continue to maintain this behaviour then this.

Yeah fair points that you make. I would suggest a mentoring program that mentors teenagers from 16 or younger though to 18 and teaches them about what they are actually about to go through, then at 18 go for your life. In my opinion 16 is just so damn young and age where you can be so easily influenced. I think it’s a very deep topic and there needs to be heavy decision around it especially when you are talking about children.

On the topic of the Catholic Church, that also concerns me and is the reason I’ve never set foot in a Catholic Church before, nor will I. There should be no safety nets in place for such predators and they should feel the full force of the law like any other scum bag that would do such a thing.

Yeah fair points that you make. I would suggest a mentoring program that mentors teenagers from 16 or younger though to 18 and teaches them about what they are actually about to go through, then at 18 go for your life. In my opinion 16 is just so damn young and age where you can be so easily influenced. I think it’s a very deep topic and there needs to be heavy decision around it especially when you are talking about children.

On the topic of the Catholic Church, that also concerns me and is the reason I’ve never set foot in a Catholic Church before, nor will I. There should be no safety nets in place for such predators and they should feel the full force of the law like any other scum bag that would do such a thing.

A mentoring program I don't have a problem with(provided it's secular), that decision for involvement should be upto them though, not forced by anyone including their parents.

A mentoring program I don't have a problem with(provided it's secular), that decision for involvement should be upto them though, not forced by anyone including their parents.

Yeah absolutely, I would suggest other transgender people running the program as they have been through the pros and cons of the commitment.

I don't think deleting the tweets is going to cut it after this effort. Talk about getting out the chainsaw, petrol and a box of matches...

If there was ever any doubt that the NRL would refuse to register a contract for Folau ... that doubt is now gone ...

Before transitioning they don't just go to the local gp and walk out as a new sex. They go through years of psych reviews and therapy. Are you or any of us more qualified than the multiple doctors and psychologists who are needed to approve the procedure? Hell no! Is Folau? Haha... Its like how religious people think religion or creationism should have any part in science classes, stick to what they know. Reading a book... And not even all of it. And making subjective commentary based on what is in this book, pretending it is fact and talking about it like they were there.

And religion isn't forced on people at 16 years of age. Why don't you go watch the documentary "jesus camp", or Louis theroux's "americas most hated family", or go and talk to a child in an average poor African or Middle Eastern country. These kids aren't 16. They are 2 or 3 years of age when it is given to them. Just like santa Claus, which they also belive btw. The only difference is if they deny or question religion they are vilified in sometimes small or mostly very big ways, kicked out of the family in most cases, and often physically and mentally abused immediately and often forever or until they stop questioning it...

If there was ever any doubt that the NRL would refuse to register a contract for Folau ... that doubt is now gone ...

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Rookie Alan
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wild Horse
  • Griffo
  • scobie
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky field goal
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Thelmus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Stix
  • winslow_wong
  • Tmac
  • Dash
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.