Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Now for the record I think Folau goes alright as a rugby league player, IMO he has no heart and is a weak as piss but opinions are like arseholes; everyones got one.

With that said, looks like money bags Folau wants to go back and play with his grappling buddies or play a Yawnion sit on the wing/centre and do ... well not much. Typical.

In other news Petro back in 2011 with a possible cameo from Webb.... DUN DUN DARRRRRRR!

Israel Folau has been given 19 days to declare his loyalty to Brisbane Broncos as the NRL fights to stop the Test star from switching to Super 15 franchise Melbourne Rebels.

Aware of persistent speculation that Folau is unhappy in Queensland, Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen has placed a deadline on the 20-year-old to declare his intentions.

Folau's future at the Broncos has come under the microscope, with reports learning the brilliant winger made subtle inquiries late last year about reuniting with his former Melbourne Storm teammates.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html

I agree Fire up, on ya bike Folau go back to Victardia and wear purple (GAY). We don't need you we have Denan Kemp!

WTF?!?

Why can't he just go and do his 2-year missionary thing and figure out what he wants to do during that time? He's wasting everyone's time and money (if this article is true).

I am not sure how anyone can miss Melbourne either... Disgusting place full of Victards!

We have 2 great centres in Glenn and Hodges. 2 fine wingers in Winterstein and Yow Yeh. And Kemp.

Given the above betrayal, Folau is expendable.

Winter could also be trialled in the centres IMO.

rnabokov said:
We have 2 great centres in Glenn and Hodges. 2 fine wingers in Winterstein and Yow Yeh. And Kemp.

Given the above betrayal, Folau is expendable.

Good call.

He is a tad overrated anyway. Excellent attacker but a turnstyle in defence.

If he goes then hopefully the club has learned that buying two or three quality players is better than signing one superstar. That is why I like Brain Smiths philosophy so much. Everybody on the nearly the same amount of money so that if someone is injured or leaves then he can be easily replaced.

The Rock said:
If we lose Folau and can sign Hannant AND Tronc/Civonceva, I'll be absolutely over the moon.

However, if we lose Folau and we buy some nuffie then I'm going to be majorly pissed.

you mean like Carl Webb?? [icon_lol1.

db1459 said:

If he goes then hopefully the club has learned that buying two or three quality players is better than signing one superstar. That is why I like Brain Smiths philosophy so much. Everybody on the nearly the same amount of money so that if someone is injured or leaves then he can be easily replaced.

Probably a big part of why Brian Smith has never coached a premiership winning team

Flutterby said:
db1459 said:

Probably a big part of why Brian Smith has never coached a premiership winning team

Wow, that's right - its a shame cause it sounds like a solid theory, but aiming for the big bucks is a huge incentive

You and Coxy have both mentioned that he has "no heart".
Care to clarify what you actually mean by that?

Don't know their answer, but my take is that he's a heartless bastard for turning his back on the NRL and the Broncos.

I don't know if it's the full reason, but I know Tee and Coxy weren't very impressed that he went off right away when he broke his thumb, instead of staying on for a bit longer and do what he could to at least get in the way of the opposition; whilst Denan - busted ribs and all stayed on for a while and continued tackling his heart out.

NB - I do not agree that this is Issy having no heart and have argued with them about it, hence why I know this irks them.

My take on it is that by going off he ensured there wasn't any further damage - which could have seen him out for much longer than just the few weeks. Whereas by staying on and continuing tackling, Denan probably made his injuries much worse (ie the broken ribs then punctured the lung). Personally I don't condemn either of the players for their response.

Me? Don't think I did, but if he pisses off, there's proof - plus where's the desire to bleed for the team, Shane played with a broken arm, but izzy breaks a nail and goes off?

A bit harsh yes, but still, he doesn't seem willing to do the hard stuff, score trys yes, defend, do the hard runs, bleed for the club, the things we expect

ddd said:
Flutterby said:
db1459 said:

Wow, that's right - its a shame cause it sounds like a solid theory, but aiming for the big bucks is a huge incentive

In theory, Communism works. [icon_lol1.

I don't totally disagree with the Brian Smith premise and it has worked for him and getting some measure of success. However you don't win premierships in this day and age without at least one superstar.

Yeah get rid of him. Absolute injury prone money guzzler. He's done jack all.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncoscope
  • Alec
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Smokin' Joe
  • john1420
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • heartly87
  • broncsgoat
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Big Del
  • Reds2011
  • K-Style
  • RolledOates
  • Robboi_321
  • Browny
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.