Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

B

Broncos08

NYC Player
Apr 24, 2008
I wouldn't want to play under Ivan neither, good luck Folau.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
bronocospwn, you make me laugh. You give him shit for being injury prone (2 injuries), yet you cream over Hodges.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
At least Hodges shows some passion and leads from the front, Id take Hodges over Folau any day

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Donny said:
At least Hodges shows some passion and leads from the front, Id take Hodges over Folau any day
+1
Nashy I cant believe you would compare Hodges to Folau.
Hodges is just as good in attack offers way more in defence play with 100% passion, effort and actually goes looking for the ball rather than waiting for someone to give it to him. He takes initiative to try stuff and is simply an inspiration to the team when he plays which i admit hasn't been much lately
Hodges also is a huge reason we won the 2006 premiership and is a leader of the team, folau is none of those.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
broncospwn said:
Donny said:
+1
Nashy I cant believe you would compare Hodges to Folau.
Hodges is just as good in attack offers way more in defence play with 100% passion, effort and actually goes looking for the ball rather than waiting for someone to give it to him. He takes initiative to try stuff and is simply an inspiration to the team when he plays which i admit hasn't been much lately
Hodges also is a huge reason we won the 2006 premiership and is a leader of the team, folau is none of those.

Couldnt of said it better.

Oh and Hodges knows how to pass, Folau was a hog tonight and twice when had a good oppurtunity to score he went himself and didnt use Yow Yeh. Plus at half time the team all ran off togeather execpt for 1 player........no prizes for guessing who.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I'm not comparing the two. You're saying one player is injury prone so should leave, then creaming over Hodges, who is lucky to play half of his games in a season.

A

Assassin

NYC Player
Nov 11, 2008
Hodges > Falou any day...once hodges is back it will be a blessing to have falou's cap space to spend elsewhere, hello petro!

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Nashy said:
I'm not comparing the two. You're saying one player is injury prone so should leave, then creaming over Hodges, who is lucky to play half of his games in a season.
The half games he does play in one season is worth all the games Folau has played for the Broncos.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
What? Are you serious? He might have one good game out of every 5 he plays.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Nashy said:

Yeah Folau has been inconsistent at the Broncos.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I thought it was being announced after the game, is he gone or not?

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
Donny said:
offers way more in defence
Can't agree there. Hodges is worse in defense than Folau IMO. He can be really lazy and shirt grabbing.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Alec said:
broncospwn said:
Donny said:
offers way more in defence
Can't agree there. Hodges is worse in defense than Folau IMO. He can be really lazy and shirt grabbing.

YOUR OFF YOUR SCONE

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He makes a point.

Although Hodges is a far superior reader of the defence than Folau is, his technique isn't as good.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Nashy said:

Yeah Folau has been inconsistent at the Broncos.

On tonight's performance, he's not inconsistent. What he did when he got some space was excellent. He gets no consistent plays which let him show what he can do.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
broncospwn said:
I thought it was being announced after the game, is he gone or not?

Free agent. His manager will go out and work on upping his price/taking new offers and getting the best possible deal now, be it with Union, the Fumblers or (unlikley) another NRL club. Chances are he'll also hold off announcing the decision to give him the chance to play rep footy. Mal has already said that he won't pick defectors.

If those plans somehow happen to turn to shyte then he can still remain at the Broncos, however he'd have negotiate a brand new contract as his current one is now officially toast after this year. In this case, he runs the risk of a) having to settle for a smaller salary if Brisbane use his cap money in the meantime, or b) Brisbane refuse to offer him a contract at all, leaving him up shyte creek.

Unread

Active Now

• kman
  • KickHaas
  • Fozz
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • mitch222
  • bb_gun
  • Brocko
  • HarryAllan7
  • Foordy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • winslow_wong
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.