Issac Luke joins the Broncos

So do we think he'll start in the 9, or ride the pine in 14?

Normally, I'd suggest he starts from the bench for reasons of fitness and giving him a chance to adapt to our shapes and structures. Thing is, we don't have any. So unless that changes, and changes fast, the best we can hope for is what we hope for from all our strike weapons - pulling rabbits out of a hat.

I really don't get some of the negativity about this signing.

He's costing us less than minimum wage. Even if he doesn't do much good, so what? We got him for fucking peanuts.

Meanwhile the experience he brings and the knowledge he can pass on to the younger players that are still learning the role, mainly Paix, could be very valuable. He was regarded as one of the best hookers in the game. Even with a drop in form and with age catching up to him, you don't just forget those skills. He was always a thinker, he was always looking to try and deceive the defence and he always had mongrel. Our younger players have never had anyone like that at the club to learn from. Now they do.

People can carry on and criticize the club for making such a signing saying the Broncos of old never would have made a signing like this but that's just bullshit. Bennett always loved a good cheapie that brought a lot of experience.

Even if it all goes pear shaped, which it probably will, WE GOT HIM FOR LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE.

This is one of those situations where there's literally **** all risk.

I really don't get some of the negativity about this signing.

He's costing us less than minimum wage. Even if he doesn't do much good, so what? We got him for fucking peanuts.

Meanwhile the experience he brings and the knowledge he can pass on to the younger players that are still learning the role. He was regarded as one of the best hookers in the game. Even with a drop in form and with age catching up to him, you don't just forget those skills. He was always a thinker, he was always looking to try and deceive the defence and he always had mongrel. Our younger players have never had anyone like that at the club to learn from. Now they do.

People can carry on and criticize the club for making such a signing saying the Broncos of old never would have made a signing like this but that's just bullshit. Bennett always loved a good cheapie that brought a lot of experience.

Even if it all goes pear shaped, which it probably will, WE GOT HIM FOR LESS THAN MINIMUM WAGE.

This is one of those situations where there's literally **** all risk.

+1

It's the same as the Segeyaro signing last year (despite how that turned out), he was a great mid-season addition for us and added some much needed experience and competitiveness off the bench. I think Luke will do wonders for us, even if he's only coming on for small stints.

+1

It's the same as the Segeyaro signing last year (despite how that turned out), he was a great mid-season addition for us and added some much needed experience and competitiveness off the bench. I think Luke will do wonders for us, even if he's only coming on for small stints.
The only argument against Segs that I remember seeing (and argued myself) was that he would be a bad influence off the field because trouble always follows him. Wasn’t really incorrect about that one.

+1

I'm sure Luke will be as well suited to that role as Seggy was, but you're spot on about how valuable Seggy was. I think without him we quite likely would not have made the finals. He was perfect in that role and it's devastating to think how useful he would have been for us right now under the new rules and with our current injury toll.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
  • Dexter
  • Ondi
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • xilliun
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Hurrijo
  • Bish
  • BrentTatesChin
  • bb_gun
  • Jedhead
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.