It's a rap...2017 Review

Well there you go. Regardless, for a team that plays boring football, they sure do seem to score a lot of tries from exciting play.

In years gone by that statement would be correct but with the return of Slater the Storm have been great with and without the football.

It's just a hang-over from past seasons where they weren't so enterprising with the football.

In years gone by that statement would be correct but with the return of Slater the Storm have been great with and without the football.

It's just a hang-over from past seasons where they weren't so enterprising with the football.
I'm 100% in agreeance. The Storm cop a lot of unearned criticism for their game style. Sure, they play the grindfest style better than anyone, but once the opposition cracks they're better than anyone at playing an entertaining brand of rugby league.

And now we once again face the long dark of the off season.

Bring on 2018! lets hope it brings all smiles for us Broncos fan and all sad faces for Cowboys and Storm and Manly fans! :cowboyssuck:

I agree that their set-plays and support play is better, but the Broncos threw 47 more offloads this season. Obviously that figure doesn't include tonight's game, so it will be lower but still the Broncos chance their arm more.

True. But quality is the difference no point in high risk offloading to go an extra metre if no one positioned to run away with it. Love to see the jet get a roaming role around the ruck at times. Both he and Milf constantly sniffing for a half gap.

Against higher quality teams when pressure was on our ball control cost us badly. Have to be able to hold it if you want to throw it around, sounds obvious but apparently wasn't. Happened against Melbourne and Rorters in finals even when they sent a gift wrapped invitation to put on tries. I think we were was 2/11 against this years top 8? Combined with lack of defence and composure - can't win the big games.

Love a free wheeling attack with lots of offloads and ad-lib stuff but having those set plays, forward momentum and well executed lines gives you the basis to do the fun stuff. If u rely on only individual brilliance ala random forward hands the ball to Milf and hope doesn't give him much of a chance and quality opposition will figure that out quick. And for f*** sake we need more set plays then the Boyd out the back. It's a really good move which when in form Boyd brilliantly executed but we are a one trick pony. Good teams can work it out unless we really have them stretched because of good lead up work.

Plus think all the Broncs need to take a football home and carry it everywhere for a month during pre season training with a drop sensor including during a commando course. Every time they drop it 50 laps and a ice dunk! Corey Oates love your work but your up first mate.

While I'm 100% not on the move Milf train. I think Coz Norman is the best 5/8th we had since Locky. Milf wins clearly if you don't count Norman's form since he left.

I still think a good coach who handed the rains over to Hunt and Norman back in 2012/2013 could've accomplished an amazing pairing. But ah well, we got Hook.
Norman was shit at the broncos, what are you talking about HAHAHAHAHA!

Milford has done a lot more than Norman, and Milford is 3-4 years younger.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.