It's a rap...2017 Review

Why? He was the best player in the 2015 grand final. People are getting carried away with his performances this year. Lets see what he can do with his shoulder fixed and a good break behind him. Next years is a defining one for him imo.
The same reason we can't win one with Macca I guess.

MILFORD WILL NOT WIN US A PREMIERSHIP AT 5/8TH, PERIOD!!
He was the best player in the grand final & got us there at 5/8th. HIM PLAYING 5/8th IS NOT THE ISSUE (sorry for the yelling).

This isn't a PlayStation game where you just switch players around. Milford played great at fullback for Canberra but give teams an off season to figure him out and he'd be just as effective as he is at 5/8th. Canberra also missed the top 8 by a far distance that year. Why? Because, just like Tedesco, it may create an amazing try and highlights reel having an running fullback but there is more to it then that. Defensive position, taking kicks both high and low, chiming in at the right time, vocal/organising the team structure in both attack and defence. Prior to the prelim we had the best attack in the opposition 20 and great line defence last year. These abilities of the team don't just vanish. Swapping and changing will ignite us for 2 or 3 games, then what? We change again when we lose, because we will eventually again. We just need a forward pack that will get quick play the balls and be aggresive (size is a bonus to this), a good run with injuries, an improvement in our mental toughness (bird may help with this), and a bit of a storm-like golden run with the nrl.... a lot to ask but that is where we are falling...

anchorman-i-dont-know-what.gif

BRONCOS
2017 rank:
3rd
Key 2017 stats: Attack 2nd; possession percentage 2nd; metres per set 2nd; ball control 3rd; bench metres 2nd; defence 4th
What they've got: Pretty much everything you'd want in a premiership contender. An effective forward pack, ranked second in the league for metres gained per set and bench metres; sensational attack led by the brilliance of Anthony Milford and James Roberts; great scrambling defence and the ability to control the ball.
What they need: To learn how to beat the Melbourne Storm. Also to replace several departing first-graders, headlined by playmaker Ben Hunt, veteran Benji Marshall and young guns Tautau Moga, Herman Ese'ese and Jai Arrow.
What they're getting: Jack Bird is a big signing, bringing star power and utility value which could come in handy with the versatile Hunt moving on. Wayne Bennett has been able to give long-term No.7 Kodi Nikorima plenty of game time at halfback this year so the club doesn't appear set to bring in a like-for-like replacement for Hunt at this stage.

Seems the nrl website thinks we are closer then us fans do. Are fans harder on their own team naturally or are the nrl website writers sugar coating it?

MILFORD WILL NOT WIN US A PREMIERSHIP AT 5/8TH, PERIOD!!

That is your opinion. Unfortunately it isn’t shared by the one person who could make it happen - Wayne Bennett and it is ridiculously tiresome hearing it over and over again when it is demonstrably NOT going to happen.

But, I know reality is hard for some people, so...

Pray tell who else we have to put there.

Face it, Milf is the best 6 we've had since Locky
While I'm 100% not on the move Milf train. I think Coz Norman is the best 5/8th we had since Locky. Milf wins clearly if you don't count Norman's form since he left.

I still think a good coach who handed the rains over to Hunt and Norman back in 2012/2013 could've accomplished an amazing pairing. But ah well, we got Hook.

I've yet to see Norman produce a season that comes close to Milford's 2015 and Milford's form hasn't fluctuated as much as Norman's. Even at his worst, Milford can be a game-breaker, where as Norman will have performances where he looks utterly out of his depth.

After all these years, there's still a case that Norman's best season was 2012.

I've yet to see Norman produce a season that comes close to Milford's 2015 and Milford's form hasn't fluctuated as much as Norman's. Even at his worst, Milford can be a game-breaker, where as Norman will have performances where he looks utterly out of his depth.

After all these years, there's still a case that Norman's best season was 2012.

No doubt Milf is the more gifted player, but I still think so far Norman is a better 5/8th in the traditional sense of the term. That being said, I definitely wouldn't swap Milf for Normy.

In the sense that is about setting up line-breaks and tries?

Because Milford has him covered easily.

In the sense that is about setting up line-breaks and tries?

Because Milford has him covered easily.

Organising, steering his team around, taking more right options, making others around him look better.

All things that Milf could potentially exceed him at eventually.

Organising, steering his team around, taking more right options, making others around him look better.

All things that Milf could potentially exceed him at eventually.

That isn't traditionally the five-eighths role. The five-eighth is the more instinctive half who's goal is to play what's in-front of them. That's been blurred in more recent times where halves play left and right side but even so I don't know if that's necessarily true. Norman still takes a lot of selfish options at times and isn't as lethal as Milford and players like Thaiday, Reed, Moga, Glenn, Opacic, Oates have all looked better playing outside of Milford.

Norman has a better kicking game but his other positives are just far too inconsistent to rate. Despite being under an excellent coach in Arthur, he's yet to ascend into that elite category.

Where are the suggestions of Boyd retiring coming from?

Maybe a scrolling banner across the top of the webpage -

MILFORD IS NOT GOING TO PLAY FULLBACK UNDER WAYNE BENNETT, PERIOD!

Just as a reminder to those who don’t seem to be able to come to grips with this concept even though he hasn’t played there even when Boyd has been injured / absent?

True. Pride might outdo anything. But if love child isn't around (including waiting for him to come back so don't want to put anyone who really threatens sonny boy's dream job) might change equation.

But yeah probably not going to happen, doesn't mean we shouldnt keep pushing for a good idea because the hierarchy is too pigheaded or stupid to do it.

Didn't think Hunt was actually going to go to hooker but happened and was awesome.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.